King Atlas and a euro Predator

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by turbovf1s, Jan 26, 2009.

1. turbovf1s

turbovf1s Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Does anybody here have a king atlas or dai atlas or skyquake and any of the smaller planes (predators) from europe? mines skydive/darkjet. i'm kinda curious about the gimmick as i'm getting a king atlas from ebay soon. they're supposed to connect for some kinda bomb site thingy...anybody have a pic or two?

2. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do believe that the gimmick was disabled on every release of the toy after skyquake. Basically there is a little slide on each of the small jets that shows different autobots being attacked. The slide is viewed by attaching the little jet to skyquake and looking through the scope. It is not exciting at all

3. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    On Skyquake's mold, in all revisions, I believe the gimmick should work. The disabling happened on the mold used for Machine Wars Soundwave, who did not have the mirrored panel. However, the necessary mirrored panel was restored in the Universe release of the mold.

4. Edgewise

Edgewise updated homage

News Credits:
    I believe the panels, parts, etc. are all there on all versions of Skyquake, but the 'mirrored' part is lacking and some clear translucent parts are darker colored translucents... so connecting should work, but the effect of some of the sighting features isn't like it is with Skyquake.

5. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah I got the green guy Talon and he's cool as G2 toys go. Theirs not much to them flip over the nose cone and pull down the legs and he's in robot mode. I don't have Sky Quake so I cant tell you about the gimmick but on his panel theirs a picture of thunder clash showing his weak spot so I guess thats what you see when you put them together

6. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

When I used to own him, I know King Atlas had some sort of mirror in there. I remember messing around with him and looking at it at the right angle so I could spy the ground and "bombing targets" underneath him as he "flew" around my room.

That figure's articulation was atrocious, but man, it still had entertainment value! If short-lived, anyway.

7. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i have king atlas right beside me and he has the mirror gimmock but i don't have the other planes you were referring too...i don't think i do at least