Kind of Spoilerly Bumblebee article

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ezim93, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Prime Aspect

Prime Aspect Visual Synthesis Engineer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since when was this movie ever supposed to be tied to the G1 cartoon backstory? If anything, "rebooting the mythos" means abandoning some aspects of the Bayverse story, which this movie (perhaps only loosely now) fits into.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Aimless Misfire

Aimless Misfire Banned

News Credits:
    Um, did you see the trailer? Did you see the scenes on Cybertron where all the robots look like G1? Did you see the thread/news about how they made the robot models G1? Did you see the interview where the director & John Cena talk about their childhoods & how much they love G1 & how they're making this movie as G1 as possible? Ok, so everything is G1 except the backstory? Well, ok, seems pretty lame to me but whatever. I don't really care anymore. They're gonna do what they're gonna do.

3. The Mad Demobot

The Mad Demobot Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not sure who's saying it's '07 Bee but that looks like the new Bee at a certain angle.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Prime Aspect

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And to everyone who thinks this is a reboot of the bayverse, the full quote is:

"But the short-term implication of that is, since we really are resetting the mythology, essentially, of who Bumblebee is. "

So he is only talking about resetting the origin of Bumblebee, not the entire franchise. I am not claiming or betting against a full reboot, just pointing out that his quote does not indicate a reboot of anything other than some aspects of Bumblebee's specific story.

• Like Like x 4
  5. TheSoundwave

TheSoundwave Bounty Hunter

News Credits:
    I guess I can justify size-changing as some kind of alien technology (or just a stylized choice if it's something like Lockdown growing a few feet, which isn't that noticeable at a glance). Or maybe something to do with the properties of the metal they're made out of. Since it's an alien concept, it's kind of hard to nitpick.

The thing about human mouths is that they're specifically suited for humans. I'm pretty sure speech is reliant on the material our mouths are made out of, as well as human organs. I just find it sort of hard to believe mouths would work the same way with metal. I don't mind it when their mouths look like some kind of alien aperture (I guess that also falls under alien science), but I just feel like human-looking lips kind of stretch it.

I wouldn't say it fully breaks my suspension of disbelief, I just find it to be one of the slightly more hokey elements, especially when they try to eliminate other 'unrealistic' things, like laser weapons.

6. Prime Aspect

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes, I saw all of those. That doesn't mean anything with regards to making the Bumblebee origin story have anything to do with G1 story-wise. You had a terrible case of wishful thinking on your part, I'm afraid.

• Like Like x 1
  7. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    I feel like this entire comment, but mostly the sentence in bold, really sums up the attitude of the majority of the G1 fan base for the last 11 years. G1 is still around and alive. At no point did they erase G1.

• Like Like x 14
  8. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    See here. You can see the black Camaro stripes and the Camaro headlights. It's glimpse-and-you-miss-it, but that's the new design as a Camaro.

• Like Like x 1
  9. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As much bad I don't like the idea of him talking- I also dislike how the radio talking has become more and more fluent through the movies. It's like he's been turning into Wreck-gar.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Hadlen_Weltall

Hadlen_Weltall The original Mad Genius Gunpla and Cow Master

News Credits:
    Okay.. so no need to wait for December 21. Welcome to the New HasbroMovieverse... can we have ROM now?

• Like Like x 3
  11. TheRebirth

TheRebirth Well-Known Member

Why? My Bumblebee is a friendly VW Beetle. I still would have liked the mute Camaro Decepticon killing machine if his movies didn't suck. My Optimus Prime is not a serial killer. I still kind of like Murder Prime. Just don't mix him up with the guy that has Roller and the disappearing trailer. I have no problem with the Bay movies except, well, Bay. I still have a slight problem calling Starscream Blitzwing but I'll probably get over it. If the new movie is anything like the trailers it'll be a welcome relief from 11 years of nonsense, even if we don't get the Ark.

• Like Like x 3
  12. OwlLasers

OwlLasers Technical Support

As a G1 fan, thank you for saying this. People need to calm tf down. If you wanna watch G1, go watch gd G1. There are 3+ seasons of G1 for your entiiire face. I feel sorry for the Unicron Trilogy fans, frankly. Who knows when they'll really see their day?

For a fandom built around a group of robots who change form, some o' y'all sure can be resistant to change yourselves.

• Like Like x 13
  13. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Oh thank christ - I was worried for a minute that this might be the first thread where buffoons that like to provoke stupid fights WOULDN'T bring in the tired old movie fans vs G1 fans argument nonsense so as to properly derail things. Thanks for not letting us down and *almost* keeping this thread on track.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    I missed out on the Unicron Trilogy (I was 9 when I watched the first Bayformer film back in ‘07. Pretty much anything before the first live action film I missed out on) and I would love to see to see it brought into modern day. I’d like to see what twists Hasbro could do with the designs. Hell, with all of the amazing sport cars that are out nowadays, I wouldn’t mind if Hasbro brought the Alternators line back, either. Lord knows when that’ll happen though.

• Like Like x 1
  15. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

Nooooobody fuckin believed me.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Toonstrack

Toonstrack #BringBackBoxBios

Reboot cant be that big or they wouldnt have used the Bayverse design. Heck they clearly put work into G1 designs and still stuck with Bay ones

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  17. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Movie Bumblebee has been iconic imagery for 11 years now. Like it or not, he's more Bumblebee in the general audience's mind than the weird pudgy viking from the 80s.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Toonstrack

Toonstrack #BringBackBoxBios

I get that, same with OP and Megs and whatnot, but the fact his they are still using very much the same overall film aesthetic. Not to mention the first trailer makes a direct callback to the first movie with Bernie Macs line. So I see this as a retcon, soft reboot type of thing but it is definitely in the same universe

19. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh yes, sure. It's "different, but close enough that the general audience that doesn't care about nerdy lore will still feel it's familiar". Which is probably the better way to do it since a 100% reboot would be kinda risky.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After the Optimus Movie, I want a Powerglide love story with Halo matter avatars. Or a Thundercracker movie, where he gets a dog.

• Like Like x 4