Killinger's Kustoms/GCI Toys

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Fortynickel, Mar 9, 2017.

1. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You, Sir, are amongst the very rare exception to the rule.

BS. Bad business practices need to get called out. Not only to protect fellow enthusiasts, but to wake up the owner of said business so they have the opportunity to review what is going wrong and correct it. And, if they choose not to correct it, then pay the price for not doing so.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Scourgatron

Scourgatron What of it?

News Credits:
    He said it in a comment on Cybertron Cafe. "Probably being an asshole" was his reasoning. He might have been banned from commenting, since they can apparently suspend you from any feature of the site.

Fuck facebook.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NamelessOne

NamelessOne SG Autobot

This - that 'snitches' comment is a bit much.

The glacial pace (and problems when finally delivered) of custom items and lack of customer service (or even acknowledgement of customers) until it suits Dr. K doesn't bear defense when it's all said and done.

We've been here before with other customisers / creators stiffing board members on here (who have since been blocked / banned), why is there such pandering to this?!

If I buy / commission an item, I shouldn't have to continuously chase that person when they don't deliver (or deal with a barrage of people 'white knighting' his regular 3rd party sales business when it is clearly an issue around his customs, or lack thereof).

Just glad I got out of the Gulper fiasco when I did.

• Like Like x 1
  4. gregformercy

gregformercy Well-Known Member

He wasn't talking about you...

• Like Like x 2
  5. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot closeted otaku

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, get used to it. Zuckerburg is our future Commander in Chief. Unless we want Trump for 8 years. -_- What a world, what a world.

6. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Phuck et! I'm running for President next term.

"Abandon hope, vermin! My Reign approaches!" :p  :D 

7. MP Collector

MP Collector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just finally pulled the plug on working with Killinger's Kustoms. All it cost me is $50 worth of stuff I won't be getting, but I'm free now. I've been chasing the guy down (one email a month for the last 16 months) and it is going nowhere. In all of my time collecting Transformers, and all of the thousands and thousands of dollars I have spent, and all of the dozens and dozens of online retailers and customizers I have worked with...nothing has come even close to entering the ballpark of the confusion and frustration that I have experienced dealing with Dr. K. I am done. Glad to hear there are so many people in this thread that he responds to. Glad to hear there are so many people that get their items back when they send him something to paint. But that hasn't been my experience.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Evirdrevo

Evirdrevo Well-Known Member

I decided to give GCI a chance with Terminus Giganticus. Anybody else also getting it from there? Since it's my first purchase there, not really sure what to expect as far as pre-order process.

9. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    The issue lies with his custom products not the third party items.

10. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What are the issues?

11. levyshahar

levyshahar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can only talk about my experience with him:

I preordered the black head and fists for TFC's Ironshell. Took a few months to make (no problem there), but then I found they are published as in-stock on the website and still haven't been sent to me.
    I contacted him on Facebook and he said they are not really in stock, or something like that and that I should wait some time. I contacted again after a month, then he said they were in stock and that he'll send them to me.
    Took some time between creating the label and actually shipping them out but eventually I got them - and they were of really bad quality. the head had zero grip on the ball joint, fists lost articulation and were falling off, plastic soft and with imperfections on the cast - I wasn't satisfied, to say the least.

I let him know about it and he was honest enough to apologize and offer to send a new set which he'll test before sending (I really appreciated it). He said he'll do it right away but I had to remind him again and again for 3 months until he created the shipping label. Then he still didn't actually send it and I contacted him, when he said he was impacted from the storm in Florida and that a lot of stuff went missing for him. At that point I kinda gave up on this and wished him all the best, but for my surprise, after a few weeks I saw the tracking made some progress. I kept following it till I realized he sent it to an address in NY which had the same ZIP code I have - I live in Germany. This is where it still is now.

Bottom line, I think he's a good guy who doesn't try to cheat anyone, but that his business is a mess.

• Like Like x 4
  12. mista2x

mista2x MP Collector

That pretty much sums my experiences perfectly. Best advice (as this thread has stated): In stock 3P/Official items are usually hassle free but the custom stuff is best avoided if you want to save yourself frustration.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    In short: Drama. Lots of it.

At length: Various people have reported issues with the custom stuff, in getting it, production value, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmm. So like 2Pac said..."More drama than a soap opera."

15. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Well-Known Member

Unnecessary drama that can easily be eliminated through consistently updating and contacting customers to inform them of delays and in-stock conditions.

Customers, who had already paid, shouldn't have to chase a vendor down for answers, only to be met with silence and the run-around.

• Like Like x 2
  16. northjason

northjason Well-Known Member

Same here. I pre ordered late, figured it was worth it given PayPal protection and the number of positive comments on 3P purchases.

17. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

You're fine if you're ordering regular product. It seems like all of the complaints I've read in the past year have involved his custom figures and upgrade kits.

Personally, I've only dealt with him on two occasions, one was last year when ordering upgrade kits for my Feral Rex. And the other involved a trade where I exchanged my FH Archenemy for a sealed FansToys G2 Grinder. Both transactions went smoothly.

18. Evirdrevo

Evirdrevo Well-Known Member

That's been echoed a few times, but I still don't really know what that means. Do they get pre-ordered items in stock as promptly as other retailers? Do they ship promptly? How is communication? I can tell you that I've not heard a word about my pre-order on Terminus, while other retailers have their stock and have shipped to customers. I'm not complaining and I'm in no hurry, but just curious about how it works over there. That's all.

19. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

If his FB page activity is any indication, GCI seems to get his stock in at times comparable to some of the other popular retailers. Shipping seems pretty timely. As for communication, getting in touch with him on Messenger seems best. Response time has been pretty good in my experience. He also has a pretty solid following on FB. I've never seen him get called out over anything retail-related, just the upgrade kit communication and production quality.

• Like Like x 2
  20. northjason

northjason Well-Known Member

I got an automatic email alert when Terminus Part A came into stock. It was a little later than other sources I saw but not terrible.