Killinger's Kustoms/GCI Toys

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Fortynickel, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Booyeah

Booyeah Well-Known Member

So ordering a regualr 3p item from gci is good right?

2. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

Yes. I have ordered both GCI items and 3P items multiple times with no problems. He refunded me the extra money on Terminus Giganticus due to the price change and is helping me get parts for another 3P figure that were missing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got in my order of Ironshell G1 conversation kit in today. ETA according to the website was supposed to be in March but I'm glad it finally came.

4. Optimus.Magnus

Optimus.Magnus Swingin' the chain

Wait, are these starting to ship out now? Been waiting on my guns and Blastoff head for awhile now, but this thread keeps giving me mixed signals. Not to mention he keeps announcing new 3p custom creations on his Facebook page while the Brut kits don't update. I'm at a loss.

5. TM2 Dinobot

TM2 Dinobot i CrEePy YoU oUt!!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A few select people are getting their cannons. It appears that he received 30 to 60 of them. And no Blast off head. There are reviews on them in this thread, but that's what appears to be happening.

6. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

It appears that he has has got at least some production in ... I don't know how many. I did receive a Blast Off head but that was because I specifically requested for one even though he told me the quality was not up to par. The quality is indeed kind of rough and not as good as the guns, but I'm ok with it.

7. TM2 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Good to know. I am curious, having not ordered them myself, if they are indeed from China, or if they are still resin castings.

8. TM2 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Segor

Segor Well-Known Member

I placed my order for the two bruticus kits around 1.5 years ago, I started contacting him once a month asking for updates like 4 months later.

Some times it takes a few days to get answers, and responses are usually that he hasn't get the kits himself, he later said that they were stuck in customs, but that was like 2 months ago, this week I contacted him again and after 3 attempts I have received no response... I'm not sure if it would be better to ask for a refund or keep waiting as some folks state they have received their kits...

Thanks to Fortynickel for making me aware of this thread!

10. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    I still have my Bruticus upgrade pre-orders there, just hoping I still have the figures when they finally ship, LOL!

11. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very happy to hear some of you are getting your issues with CGI resolved (and to be frank, Killinger still has MUCH to make up for both for old customers and new). But no offence to anyone here, this nonsense should have been cleared ages ago. That you all held out this long is a testament of patience (if not stubborness :lol ).

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 7
  12. Segor

Segor Well-Known Member

Those of you who have received your kits, can you share pics??

13. Optimugatron

Optimugatron Well-Known Member

I will see about posting pics of mine. I got my GCI-02 and GCI-06 kits about 2 weeks ago. He left out the combat knife and failed to send the free sword he promised. The weapons are decent designs, but the execution is pretty poor. The resin casts leave the weapons with a lot of seams and misalignment on the sides. The shotgun for combined mode is MASSIVE and incredibly heavy, too heavy to hold up up even while being held 2-handed with heavily Futured joints. The paint I could have easily done better, and there are some burn/melted spots on a couple of the weapons. Also, the 5mm posts for most are too big and will need sanded down.

Frankly, I am going to have to spend some time touching these up, sanding and painting to make them even usable. I hold no ill will to Dr. K, and am trying to be objective in my thoughts, but I do not feel these were worth the wait. After having ordered from the likes of Nonnef and Venksta, these are nowhere near the same ballpark of quality and polish, not to mention value for what you pay and had to wait for.

I am sorry about not posting this sooner, but honestly, when I received them, I spent an hour messing with them, then threw them in a box to be worked on with my Shapeways weapons stockpile that I paint. I hope this helps those decide if they want to continue to wait.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Well-Known Member

That is about the same experience I had with the Feral Rex Hip Armor. They were poorly painted and molded when I finally received them. And they did not friction on as advertised, so they are useless.

I do not doubt that Dr. K has good ideas because that is what caught my attention in the first place. However, his workmanship seems shoddy and his business practices for custom parts seem shady.

People waiting a year and a half for product shows that this is a pretty cool and understanding community, committed to the success of one of their own. It is sad that he leaves customers out high as dry with no updates or responses.

• Like Like x 3
  15. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, Killinger's ideas are sound, the finished product is not. Got it.

So, here's the best way to do it: If he's selling you a 3rd party, finished item, go for it.

If he's selling you something he made, run for the hills.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Optimugatron

My biggest aggravation is honestly his lack of transparency of the finished products. We did not get updated photos of what we were getting. I saw 1 picture of a pile of weapons that was not even close enough to see the detailing or coloring. I feel like it was hidden what the final products would actually look like finished and we didn't know until got it in had. Of particular note is the shotgun. It is was too MASSIVE and heavy to be realistic for use or display. It doesn't even look that good in-hand. I repeatedly tried to defend him, was very friendly and cordial with him on Facebook when messaging for updates. If the final products had come out better, I may have even given him another shot. What i got, however, was not nor is not worth the wait, or even the relatively low price (compared to similar products and Shapeways 3D prints).

I honestly wish him the best of luck, but I am done with GCI. I will post pics before the end of the week. Next 3 days are a bit hectic, including my birthday.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Pfg80

Pfg80 Dinobot

News Credits:
    Happy Birthday @Optimugatron in advance.

Dr K talks more this week then normal after forgetting he just ask if my contact are still correct. Still hopefull i get the parts i want to use. But US based companies are more trouble then they are worth lately even if the gci toys are his first attempt followed with a lot of bad luck.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Optimugatron

Thank you very much! Getting old.

19. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Welcome to the club :cool: 

20. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Yeah I agree the shotgun is totally useless. I still plan on trying to drill out some of the plastic to try and lighten it but even then the design is just too blocky in person to look good with anything I have currently