Killinger's Kustoms/GCI Toys

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Fortynickel, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Miracle

Miracle Well-Known Member

Anyone tried PM him via Facebook recently? I sent 2 PMs via Facebook in the past week but no response at all.

2. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Well-Known Member

People say that he is reachable through his email.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

Didn't get the refund so a few days after this I sent a chaser and said I would still be interested in the parts. Got a reply that he had my parts ready.

Fast forward about a week, still no confirmation that my parts had been mailed despite chasers. So about 3 days ago I informed GCI that I would like confirmation that my parts have been mailed out, or a refund processed, by 5 July otherwise I'd have no choice but to open a PP dispute.

I received a response shortly thereafter saying he forgot and that he'd do it if I could let him know the shipping address again. Which I provided. Sent a chaser yesterday and he responded earlier today that he was out for the weekend - but he did give me a USPS tracking number for the parts. I hust checked the tracker and it says
    "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item". I understand that this means the parts have not actually been collected or received by USPS? So, not quite in the clear yet?

I should also note that Dr. Killinger has been civil in his communications, although follow-through has not been ideal.

So that's the current state of play; here's hoping that I will get the parts soon.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  4. Miracle

Previously my first attempt was email which went unanswered and saw the advise here to go thru PM on Facebook.

5. Octopunch

Octopunch Octo-member

Man, I ordered a couple things from this guy like three years ago and never received anything, and all my attempts to contact him went unanswered.

6. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    my advice, file the dispute. i had 3 glow swords ordered from him that went through the same bs and sat at that exact same status for 3 weeks despite the fact that he "definitely shipped them out and the post office had them". i filed the dispute and the already shipped items never showed up so he's full of crap

7. Oshboggy

Yikes. Thanks for the info.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fortynickel

Fortynickel Well-Known Member

I am just restating what I read on here. I see him responding in the Facebook forums all the time.

I was in the same boat as quite a few people in this thread; he responded to me quickly until I sent my payment then nothing. Fortunately I eventually got what I ordered with some hassling and help from some others on here.

9. Miracle

Would like to check if anyone gotten any Facebook replies over the past few days? I just tried sending another message a few hours ago, hopefully there will be a response.

10. Moonshot

Moonshot Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I finally gave up and asked for a refund on Gulper couple weeks ago. It took 8 days and several messages before I got a reply that he forgot about it. Then I got my refund. He seems pretty cool, when u can actually get a reply, hehe. Hopefully that Gulper still gets made but I have my doubts. Really like the look of that figure.

11. Miracle

Just to update I gotten a reply and tracking number from him. Hopefully everything will be resolved once I receive the item.

12. Oshboggy

OK, update time. Upon hearing tigatron2002's story about the parts never having been shipped out even with the tracking number, I contacted GCI again to clarify if my parts had indeed been sent. GCI responded by saying that Independence Day was just over, mail could be a little slow. I said I'd give it a few more days. On 6 July, the tracking showed that the parcel had been picked up by USPS.

Fast forward to 13 July AND I HAVE MY PARTS. BUT THE SAGA NEVER ENDS, OH NO!11!

He told me that the bonus Blast Off head was kinda crappy but I told him to send it anyway and I'd deal with it. Which he did. And it is quite rough, but hey ho. No surprises there. However, one of the pegs on one of the Onslaught back cannons has snapped off! It wasn't a shipping problem because the broken peg was carefully and separately packaged from the rest of the guns.

I just emailed GCI to ask why'd he send me a broken gun and if he can suggest anything to put it right.

13. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...wow that's pretty douchey

14. hordeall

hordeall Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He has replied to me numerous times pretty quickly on a couple different items and even just gave a partial refund for Terminus due to the price drop. Seems its hit or miss depending on what was ordered.
    I have always ordered just Fanstoys items not custom/KO items which seem to be the focus of the issues.

15. Oshboggy

Update: GCI replied that no broken parts were sent or packaged separately. But he did offer to replace the broken one, which I'm happy to accept.

When I finally get everything, I am going to sit my Combaticon team down and tell them that THIS is how much daddy loves them.

16. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So it was packaged separately, but he claims it wasn't?

17. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime I don't want to set the world on fire...

Ebay:
    So here's my story:

I ordered replacement black hands/head for TFC's Ironshell back on March 18, 2017 because my copy had two left hands. And I waited. And waited. I contacted him in April, asking for status. He responded, telling me he just got in a shipment and he sent some out. I followed up again in May, with pretty much the same results. On or about July 10-11, I requested a refund. Instead of responding, I got a shipping notice.

Honestly, i'm not even sure I want these things anymore. I waited for four months for small parts in the time it would have taken for me to return the robot, gotten a refund and/or a replacement.
    I'm pretty patient with my vendors, but I feel like I only got my parts because I asked for a refund. I'm hoping that's not the case, because if it is, it's a despicable way to do business.

18. Oshboggy

I must issue a clarification and apology. The package was received by a friend who opened it up with my permission. There was some confusion in the ensuing communication - i have asked my friend once more - the guns were all packaged in a ziploc baggie that was placed in a box that was in postal envelope. The head was outside the ziploc. The broken peg was inside the ziploc so it might plausibly have broken during shipping.

Again, i apologise for not clarifying this thoroughly with my friend.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sigmalock

Sigmalock Decepticon

I ordered a couple of the Brute kits back when they were first being shown (over a year ago, I think?)
    Given the long wait, I eventually decided to cancel and request a refund on one of them, and I received the funds fairly promptly.
    I have just finished canceling and being refunded for the second set, as I decided that I could wait no longer for it, either.
    While I am disappointed not to get what I originally wanted, my communications with him have been good, and he has mostly responded to my requests in a timely manner; including processing my refunds.

20. Oshboggy

Got the replacement Bruticus back cannon from GCI today. Appreciated.