Killinger's Kustoms/GCI Toys

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Fortynickel, Mar 9, 2017.

1. levyshahar

levyshahar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, some (final?) thoughts about this kit for Iron shell: I installed the head. Having working with it I noticed quite a lot of imperfections on the cast (though quite minor), the plastic is SUPER soft, like soft rubber or something, and my biggest complain is that it doesn't really fit. You can barely get the screw to hold it and it has zero grip on the ball joint. If I move the figure around, the head falls. I tried installing the hands (which lost the finger articulation) as well but they were also loose so I reverted to the originals. Might do the same with the head though black head looks so much better.

If you have a preorder I would recommend to cancel it

2. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Well my brute parts are in transit minus the blast off head.

3. CowboyFromHell

CowboyFromHell Use my third party

I remember a long time ago before this thread, I had ordered the hip skirt for feral rex. Months after the supposed release date came and went, I requested a refund and got it within a few days. I can't say CGI is a crook since he/they refunded me without hassle, but I can say they should re-focus their efforts on Disney characters as I think they are a total Mickey Mouse organization.

• Like Like x 5
  4. ichnach

ichnach Predacon

News Credits:

Last GCI created item i got was the new, black feet for MMC talon and they were pure garbage. They had some weird chalky shit on them, actually stunk, and were totaly nonfunctional. I had to send those back for a refund. Prior to that i purchased the predaking claw upgrades and got a few that had horrible color match, which they eventually replaced. Not a giant fan of their in house created products.

5. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That... sounds awful. I'm sorry to hear that. Soft rubber is a Hasbro move, that ain't cool.

The Disney line was the bit that got me. I laughed. You win an internet cookie, thanks for the laugh. Heck, I even liked the post.

Well, from what I've gathered (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) he's been outsourcing production, so I doubt anything of his products are "in house" which is incredibly misleading on his part.

6. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Hmmm. I wonder how the clear pink parts are. Clear parts are inherently harder than opaque ones.

7. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

Looks like I hung on until just before the finish line? Dayum.

Still, at this point, I think a refund would be safest option. I'll wait for someone else to do a combined mode upgrade I like. No hope for individual Combaticons guns, though.

8. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    So got the parts did a small write up on the gci06 thread

9. MpCollector81

MpCollector81 Fanstoys ZOMBIE 01

I agree with you there, but that's always a risk when dealing with an artist (personality quirks and flakiness aside) who does this kind of stuff as a hobby, they often overload themselves. They may not have a good work life balance, there may be some personal emergency that comes up (or complete bullshit excuses) and chances are the money you sent them as deposit or payment is already SPENT before the work is completed- so then they can't just refund you and move on.

It when artists chooses to drag out the project for as long as they can in the hopes that they can finish before you get fed up and contact Paypal that sours these kinds of deals. That's why as much as I'd love a custom piece, I will probably never risk working with someone who refuses to accept responsibility for wasted time. Even if they're not a straight up scammer, they probably wouldn't consider the situation a breach of contract or a huge inconvenience to you.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  10. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits:
    Well. It took a couple of days, but I got my refund from Killinger for the Brute set. With no sign of the Blast Off heads (which was the main thing I wanted) and worrying reports of the quality of his recent products in terms of fit, finish, and the materials used, I decided to cut my ties with any and all of his projects. It's not the solution I would have wanted, but this way I'm at least only out the time I've spent waiting for these things, as opposed to being out money as well.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Xasiz

Xasiz New Member

I am glad you got your refund. I still have yet to receive mine after the second email. Not sure what to do at this point. I will send him another, but should I really have to?

12. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave 俺の魂は燃えていない!

News Credits:
    You really shouldn't have to. If you can, try sending him a PM through Facebook. I'd heard he's more likely to answer messages there so that's how I contacted him. Heck, he seems to more or less have abandoned the website and does almost all of his business through the GCI FB page.

13. iconscons

iconscons Well-Known Member

So I refrained from chiming in until my order was complete. I got the new parts for Ironshell. Getting the order delivered was a months long nightmare, but I finally have them in.

The black helmet is worthless since it won't screw in, so unless you're planning on gluing it together just throw it away. The fists fit, so we'll see how that goes after transformation. The toes are fine. The shins I'm terrified of installing because of the need to deal with pins.

14. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    Pics of the pink parts would be much appreciated.

15. iconscons

I'll try in the next couple days. I want a chance to thoroughly contemplate the possible outcomes of trying to change the shins to the pink parts first.

16. David Hingtgen

News Credits:
    Are they soft/rubbery at all like the head was said to be?

17. iconscons

I didn't notice any softness to any of the parts, head included.

Anyway, I don't recommend this set, at all.. Black paint is easy to apply, I've already painted the head. As far as the pink shins, I'm not going to wreck my figure pushing out tough pins just to install parts that I'm sure will just flop around.

I'm more likely to actually paint the shins if I can find a suitable color.

18. Koldskool

Koldskool Neon Carnivore

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I emailed Dr. K asking for a refund. I was willing to keep waiting but some unexpected expenses came up. Hopefully he'll get my refund to me before Monday.

19. Jersey_Steel

Jersey_Steel Well-Known Member

You'll get your refund, but if you want it by Monday to may have to keep in him. I didn't get a reply from him about a refund until I threatened a PayPal dispute, then I got a quick reply and refund.

• Like Like x 1
  20. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    same here, but i actually opened a dispute