Digibash: Killing Jar Universe

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Insane Galvatron, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I was thinking about how the club went with Shattered Glass, and realized there would have been a much better way to go about it that I think would be less hated. All they had to do was tie it into official fiction by saying the black hole in "The Killing Jar" actually led to that universe. Then all the characters could have been in inverted colors, like in the episode.

So in this thread, I shall post pictures of G1 toys ( or maybe classics if enough people request ) in which I invert the colors just to see what the toys would look like. I know this isn't exactly hard to do, but it's just a fun way for me to kill some time. Hopefully, you'll enjoy these pics too. These pics courtesy of TFW resource section.

First up, Magnus:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Optimus Prime:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rodimus:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Grimlock:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jazz:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tracks:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Weirdwolf:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Toy Galvatron:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cartoon Colors inverted:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll update the first post each time I post some new images.

Attached Files:

2. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Reserved.

3. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Reserved for updates.

4. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Looks like G2 :D 
    I know I could just do it by myself, but what about Rodimus, Grimlock, Jazz and Tracks? *g*

5. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    I don't think Grimlock will look all that different. Notice Prime's trailer. The negative of grey is grey. lol. I'll probably do those guys tonight anyway. Just for kicks.

6. Darkhawk79

Darkhawk79 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These look pretty cool so far....wonder what the headmasters, targetmasters, or powermasters would look like.....not any in particular just whichever one you want to try

7. azdragon58

azdragon58 Well-Known Member

I like the way Prime came out... Cant wait to see more...

8. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Okay, got those guys done. What do you think?

9. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I would totally buy a Weirdwolf in those wacky colors. And Tracks.

10. Prime Wylde

Prime Wylde Candy Coated

News Credits:
    Of course YOU would, but so would I!!!!

11. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

What do you mean less hated? I haven't heard a single negative comment about the Shattered Glass universe. Can't get much less hated than no hate at all. Also "The Killing Jar" had nothing to do with an alternate universe, no one had inverted color schemes at any point in that episode. That was the episode were a Quintesson was kid napping characters and doing experiments on them.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/The_Killing_Jar

12. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    I hear negative comments about Shattered Glass all the time. People liked the concept, but felt it's been revisited too many times.

As for Killing Jar, have you watched it? They get sucked into a black hole and come out in a negative universe. I didn't click that link, but I'm pretty sure there is at least one screen cap of the funny colored bots...

EDIT - Here is a quote from your link "Finally the Quintesson ship's engines overload, and the ship follows the derelict into the black hole... ...only to emerge into a negative universe where the color spectrum is drastically altered." There is a pic beside this text captioned "Ehobby, get on this" showing them in negative colors.

13. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

I've never heard that and it doesn't make any sense. The real complaint should be that Shattered Glass has never been visited in public media. The toys and comics for Shattered Glass are only sold as Botcon exclusives and that's a problem.

Yes I have watched it. They did come out in what they called a Negative Universe but aside from their color schemes changing they were still the same bots. No meeting other versions of themselves in that universe with different personalities. It was a quick like 2 minutes of them being in negative colors and that's it.

The way you were talking it sounds like you're trying to imply the whole episode took place in that other universe and the normal bots meet negative colored duplicates of themselves which never happens.

14. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    I'm sorry, you misunderstood. I was saying that they could have made the Shattered Glass story just like they did, only have it take place in that universe where everyone is in negative colors. That way there is a basis for the Botcon story in the actual official fiction. I never said Killing Jar WAS Shattered Glass. Just saying it would have been a good tie in point. My post was not a recap of what happened, but rather a hypothetical case of what I'd like to see.

Also, if you haven't heard people complaining about the fact the Club has revisited Shattered Glass so many times, then you must not pay any attention to the threads where the SG news is announced and discussed.

15. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

That line is exactly why I was confused. You could of worded that better. If they made the story the same but just used negative colors it wouldn't be anything like what was seen in the Killing Jar.

Besides the colors they have used, if you haven't noticed, are based on their original diaclone colors. Optimus Prime for example being purple and black was the color scheme of his original diaclone toy. I think making the story the same and just changing the color schemes to something that has to do with an entirely different universe would be confusing and rather lazy. I mean they're only negative colors and they were meant to be the same characters not opposite personality doppelgangers. Plus I like the idea of adding something new to the fiction not taking something that already exists.

Also none of this would fix the problem of being revisited too many times.

16. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Tell the story like it is, but also say it takes place in the same negative universe that was in the killing jar. The bots in Shattered Glass would have been there, but Magnus and co. never ran into them in the episode, because like you said, they keft too quick.

And you're wrong about Diaclone colors. Only a couple of this years toys were based on that. Convoy was never purple in Diaclone. Starscream was based on Jetfire, and Megatron had his G1 colors. Their color inspirations were all over the place. That was part of my point. By using Killing Jar as the launching point, the colors would have had a unifying theme.

17. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

No because Magnus and co were the same bots. It was their own colors that changed. In Shattered Glass when bots like Cliffjumper go into that universe their colors remain the same. He doesn't suddenly change to purple when he ends up in the Shattered Glass universe. So for that to make any sense Magnus and crew would have to keep their normal colors and the negative colored versions of them would be totally different characters.

Well I am color blind so maybe I'm mistaken but this looks like his Shattered Glass colors to me.

[​IMG]

He has the black helmet legs and hands like SG Optimus Prime so I assume the main body is purple. This is a picture of the original diaclone version of the toy. Let me just load this into photoshop so I can check the numerical value. If that's not Purple then it must be dark blue but I can't tell the difference. :p 

Yeah there were some exceptions but generally most of them were based on Diaclone toys. Oh and Megatron's helmet being black was based on the comics interpretation of him but no idea where they got the idea to change his red highlights to blue.