Killed a rattlesanke over the weekend.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by starscream-99, Apr 25, 2011.

1. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I work at a Flea Market/Swap Meet. I do maintenance there. This past Saturday my boss calls me on my walkie and tells me there is a rattlesnake on some guys booth. I grab a shovel go over there and takes it's head off. I'm not someone who likes to kill animals, but my boss had me do it so I had to. The messed up part was that people that witnessed me doing it gave me dirty looks, and were talking shit. They were all "don't kill it! trap it a release it".

2. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Fuck da police!

You did the right thing. People bitched at you for killing it, but they would have bitched if it had bit someone because you hadn't.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    "Trap it and release it"?

It's not a fucking squirrel, people, it's a rattle snake. Unless you work at the zoo I doubt you're qualified.

4. starscream-99

News Credits:
    Exactly! It bites someone and now the owner(my boss) could get sued. Another thing what if it bit a little kid?

5. Trenner Dios

Trenner Dios Humility > Huge Ego

Sucks you had to do that dude. I love reptiles, and would have tried to figure out a way to trap it and release it somewhere else. Unfortunately unless you have an easy way to trap it, it's probably not worth the risk to yourself or others. Tough situation.

6. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

if it was a spider or a scorpion, i would have trapped it and released it but that was a damn rattler!!! it had to go.

i would make a belt out of it but that just me.

7. starscream-99

News Credits:
    People that were telling me that I thought to myself "why don't you try and see how that works out for you"

8. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Fatality.

Nah but seriously, that's rough. You definitely didn't deserve to catch shit for it, either. Rattlesnakes are some reeeeaaaal cold-blooded motherfuckers. It probably would've taken a child hostage and then proceeded to shoot 3 cops before escaping if you hadn't decapitated his shit.

Y'know what, he probably deserved it.

9. starscream-99

News Credits:
    Me too! Thats why I feel bad I killed it. The MFer looked bad ass. He was little over 3 feet in length, I'm color blind but it looked like a dark brown to me.

10. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Why the fuck didn't you're boss call animal control? What ever possessed him to send some employee --who I presume is not at all trained for such things-- to handle a god-damned VENOMOUS wild animal?

11. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

Hot damn bro a rattler!? You did the right thing by putting it out of its misery, unless they are in the wild, they shouldn't be alive. Although next time ppl give you crap you don't have to take it, too many morons in this world don't seriously think about what they say.

12. Sangron

Sangron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Haven't seen one in awhile in my area. But I have killed scorpions, black widows, and tarantulas.

13. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice work mate, you did the right thing. My friend found a scorpion at work and decided to kill it because, well, it's a venomous scorpion, and some of her colleagues gave her a hard time about it. They were perfectly content to stand around and shout instructions at her as to how to catch the thing, but when she offered to let them do it, unsurprisingly no-one volunteered! :rolleyes2 

14. jtwhoib

jtwhoib Protocol

Ebay:
    Next time someone gives you shit about it, grab it and throw it on them.

15. starscream-99

News Credits:
    IDK. He should have. I didn't know what I was doing. I knew to go for the head, but I had to set him up cause he was all balled up. After killing him and seeing how long he was he could have been able to bite me. I plan on quitting this job by the summer. So hopefully this was my first and last.

16. Sangron

Sangron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Scorpions are not that bad. They feel like bee stings. I got stung on the foot and my daughter who was 8 at the time was stung on the arm and foot.

17. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Not much you could have done safely without at least some of the proper equipment, so you did what you had to do. There's a good chance even if you had a bag and a grabber that some people would have been stupid and reached out to touch it while you walked it through the crowds, too. But it is good to feel bad about having to do it, tho, it shows you cared about this poor animal who found itself in the wrong place at the wrong time, even tho you had to kill it.

--Moony

18. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I would have told my boss to take the snake and shove it up his ass. Forget the cliental of the dirt mall, you could have been hurt and I'm guessing that they don't have the best medical plan...

19. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haha I was gonna say that. :D 

And yeah, that's stupid. What were they expecting you to do? Your not a frickin zoo keeper.

20. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    You need to be trained to trap and release venomous snakes... anything else just kill them. I like snakes, and if I can identify them as non-venomous, then I'll usually just pick them up and move then from the area.

Good job, man! You could have saved someones life by killing it instead of letting someone try and trap it.