Kill Streak Petition

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by caldo15, Aug 8, 2012.

1. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    What do you guys think about getting a mass online petition going for high moon to add the kill streaks to multiplayer. I've seen a lot of camping around the spawn points for things like the energon recharger and the damage pylon. It takes no skill to grab these power ups. If they add kill streaks they just need to eliminate stacking, that would solve everything. Would be great if we could customize our kill streaks too.

2. BlackLight

BlackLight Banned

If there is no omega missiles, shock cannons, or P.O.K.E I'm cool with it, just make sure there are no abilities that add over shields

3. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    I think it would be great if they could implement Optimus' ability into a kill streak, call down a barrage of missile on a location, stuff like that.

4. GRIML0CK

GRIML0CK I despise Optimus Prime.

I abuse the health regen cause in most cases, i've got shit for brain teammates who have no idea how to heal. And plus i always run into multiple enemy's at once so it works great IMO.

5. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Ugh..okay, guys, it's a demo and for all we know the main game will have Kill Streaks.

Even if they aren't, I'm fine with that, it's actually a relief not having to worry about whether the Leader you're engaging has POKE or now.

6. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    Tieger confirmed last week that there are no killstreaks, they took it out because of balance issues

7. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    I dont really care really

8. BlackLight

BlackLight Banned

It would have to be balanced, and have a complete over hall. If anything, they could have a 5 second warning for players before it drops

9. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    I don't care really. The 5 second warning idea before a power-up respawns would be cool just to see a mass battle over the item.

10. Crumplezone

Crumplezone Banned

What? when was this? I've seen videos of multiplayer with killstreaks.

11. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    where? Might have seen the energon recharger being used

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Co-op campaign play was probably WFC's most popular feature and it is not returning no matter how much we beg HMS about it--they've made up their mind, and their decision is final:( 

Kill streaks are another feature HMS decided to gut--it isn't coming back.

Power up items scattered throughout maps helps those who can't get kill streaks or enough of them to get some of the really good ones. I'm really surprised HMS hasn't added Uncharted 3's Power Play feature as it supports weaker teams, giving them a chance to come back--isn't this what the changes to FOC are supposed to do, to make a more balanced game?

Rewarding strong players who continual and consistently kick @$$ with power ups was a pretty stupid feature. No wonder gamers trying to learn how to play competitive multiplayer jumped ship mid match--some players make it their mission to hunt down and kill a particular player over and over again, not all the fun to the gamer still trying to figure things out.

Edit:

It was either the recent Kotaku interview or their Facebook page.

13. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I concur :)  (I'm one of those guys that probably turned into cannon fodder for the dude with the killstreak) I have a lot more fun when the game is balanced. Those close games where it comes down to the final seconds are much more fun than getting stomped with no chance of catching up. Even completely dominating the other team gets old.
    What is this Power Play feature you speak of?

14. Forceman4077

Forceman4077 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well Titan+Energon Harvester+Energon Recharger=broken gameplay, and I was the one using the damn thing. Having killstreaks that were relagated to weaker classes as pick-ups for stronger classes breaks balance. I should not be able to take on and kill 5 people, at once, if the game is "competitively balanced".

Also we're yet to know what the hell else is a pick-up now. Just going to put it out there, I think Warcry will be back as a pick up.

15. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  16. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Strongly disagree.

Why shouldn't you be rewarded for playing better then everyone else on the field? I'm sick of constant attitudes where people think playing fields should be evened/balanced because person A is better then person B. If you play any type of competitive gaming you'd know that person B gets better with experience. Then they too get rewarded for playing better. If you don't want to invest time into learning a game and want to go even with advanced players just by popping the game in your system, I'm sorry, you are playing a shitty game. Players who are more experienced, imo, should be winning 100% of the time, and sure, reward them with fun shit for more killing on top of it if it's earned.

The REAL problem with the killstreaks was CYCLING. Leaving killstreak bonuses in but removing cycling makes things more reasonable right there. Every killstreak bonus has to be earned, there is no using killstreak bonuses to obtain new killstreaks. That's where WFC's multi concentrated on, and if it was removed because they couldn't balance a killstreak system that didn't cycle, than that's fine by me.

Still, even with all that said, I see no links to factual evidence for either side stating that the killstreaks will or will not be there. Can someone please provide something if they know where the information is?

17. Forceman4077

Forceman4077 Well-Known Member

News Credits:

From the Kotaku Q&A

"Mungry: Hey Matt, huge fan and I love everything about the game we have seen so far! My questions is about multiplayer. I am wondering if their will be killstreak rewards in the game and if we can expect new multiplayer game modes as the game progresses through its life? Thx - SoooMungry

Matt Tieger: SoooMungry - I'm actually a fan of yours. At the studio we watch your Youtube channel and read the comments - thank you for your excitement for the game. Regarding Killstreaks, we had them in for a while during our dev of the game, we took them out for balance reasons. Let me explain, every game has a very unique MP pace and with all the changes from WFC, what we were seeing was runaway gamers, specifically due to killstreaks. By removing them, they game was more competitive. Along a similar vein we removed double jump, many gamers initial reaction were negative until the played it for a bit and realized that the streamlined approach actually made it better. remember this isn't WFC2 this is FOC."

18. BlackLight

BlackLight Banned

They should be rewarded, but they don't needs anything that will just give them kills like P.O.K.E, Shock Cannon, Or even the omega missiles.

Inter cooler, homing beacons, things like that

19. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I said rewarded with Power Ups!

I would have thought a god on the battlefield would have appreciated a challenge.

As HMS wants to make players work as a team and not a one man wrecking crew, it makes sense to have things that make you help your team and in turn, help yourself.

HMS wants a balanced game because it is what consumers want. No one wants to play a game they can't enjoy or play. HMS can't turn a profit and that sort of game. Apparently, enough consumers had issues with competitive multiplayer for HMS to revamp it, and I don't see it as a bad thing.

People quit playing matches mid game in WFC and now mainly due to balancing issues. No one wants to be a continuos loser:/

If this cuts the need to migrate hosts in half or gets rid of it completely, awesome is all I'll have to say about that.

20. Driftveil

Driftveil You find me offensive

petition? On the internet? Lawd