Kids Running Wild on TF set

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by GirlBot, Aug 30, 2016.

1. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    There's a new video of the kids on TF facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/transforme...774635291325/1137387556296690/?type=2&theater

The movie plot still baffles me. King Arthur meets Transformers speaks for an epic fantasy with sci-fi elements (or other way around), but the kids and Sqweeks give me a heavy E.T. vibe...

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    I hate being jealous of 10 year olds, loldamnit.

>_>

3. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Hmmm... if can get the fantasy elements being a call back to the one G1 episode, A Decepticon Raider in King Arthur's Court.

I'm guessing the kids being friends with the lead lady of the film would have more of a Goonies vibe to me. But with a robot buddy.

They need to add some more kid-appeal some how.

4. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    I think that kids and teens fit well in Transformers shows. Children have a natural air of wonder and optimism that adult characters lack. And the perspective of the main character steers the audience. A lot of things seems good and bigger than life from a child's perspective and that's something that gets transferred to the viewer. An adult would not trust an alien, but a child would. That's why the first movie worked. It was a boy and his car story.

5. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Hmmm, i guess the "Ragtag group of kids" would make things more fun to watch, especially if it means the film will be more family friendly.

Cuz' Transformers does work best as a family brand.

Besides, having a good mix of new school and old-school human cast members will make it more of a interesting. Since well... it still takes place on the planet earth.

6. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The man who apparently almost blinded Shia is allowed to shoot off pyro with kids running through the set?!?!?

I know it's supposed to be safe, but Shia's eye and that girl he killed (yes killed) shooting on the expressway in DOTM. This strikes me as one scenario where he should do it ALL in CG. :( 

Stuff happens and it's not neccesarily Bay's fault. But again given that stuff does happen and that an injury would not be the first, come on...

7. Shark

Shark Carcharodon carcharias

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Wait, someone died during DotM filming? Source?

8. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Neoseed

News Credits:
    I thought she was badly wounded, but survived. Did she actually die? I think I know the incident you're talking about.

As long as the kids are safe, no issue.

9. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    what are you talking about? This is the first I've heard of this? If you are talking about he woman that was hurt in her car and got serious head injuries. Otherwise I don't think anyone else got hurt by any pyrotechnics "yet"? And the only injury Shia had was because of a car accident he got into (off set) and hurt his hand/arm. As far as I know anyway.

Transformers 3: Gabriella Cedillo receives $18m after head injuries during stunt | Daily Mail Online

10. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

When I was a kid, I would've killed to be one of them. Maybe I should've. If I used explosives, it might've impressed Bay.:ev: 

To speak on the direction the film's taking, I'm guessing that the tone and style will be closer to ROTF (though hopefully in only those two ways). It will be a mostly light-hearted film, set in the modern day, and mostly dealing with modern stuff, but with themes of nobility and responsibility, linking to flashbacks of medieval times.

Wait, I thought she only suffered brain damage (though that might not be much better). Still, maybe I shouldn't have made that joke before...

11. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    She was a beautiful girl who who basically lost an eye and, the last I heard, was not only severely brain-damaged by the accident but also still has yet to regain consciousness or even any real responsiveness.

Not really any way to live, if you ask me...but she is still alive.

That said, there's a BIG difference between tossing cars around by steel cables on a highway and blowing some cork and sparks at a few kids in a room.

The kids have been trained and Bay's team has one of the best saftey records in all of Hollywood. Especially after what few accidents they HAVE suffered, you can be DAMNED sure that those kids are safe as hell and every precaution is being taken.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Oh boy kids, just what this movie needs. *sigh*

Hopefully this means they tone down the ''''''adult humour''''''''''.

13. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    They're all rated PG-13, lol.

That means that even the ridiculously stifling and puritanical MPAA considers everything in them to be approved for ages 13 and above.

If you REALLY want to consider THAT to be "adult humor" then...all I can really do is LOL again, lol.

>_>

14. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Haha, for real. Damn, they need to pull the 2x4s out of their collective asses and join the rest of the 21st century.

15. harrismonkey

News Credits:
    I stand corrected. It was clear her life was pretty much over, so I just filed her away in my head as dead. My mistake. Sorry.

As far as Shia, it was an explosion occuring on screen near him (maybe he even had to jump through it???). he wasn't really injured (badly) but the set medic (or somebody) called bay over and told him that what ever hit Shia was only like an inch off from taking out his eye. I forget the source, but it was definietly a news story/interview posted here on the boards. I believe Bay himself was retelling it in an interview (not sure, it could have been Shia).

16. Thricewelcome

Thricewelcome Assassin Hunter

Action films can be dangerous. It's something everyone on the projects know and understand. But they all take the risks. Just look at Blade Runner 2, The Death Cure, and BVS.

17. harrismonkey

News Credits:
    Absolutely. My concern is that he's firing pyro off near children.

It's probably fine.

18. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is that a 80s transformers lunchbox on that kids back?