Kiddie toys that rock?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by jorod74, Apr 17, 2008.

1. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay, you are cruising the aisles at TRU and besides doing a part time job of scoping out that hottie stocking the board games, (Not saying i stalk stockers at TRU- they are snobs, I go for the emaciated-ly thin chicks at Hot Topic, ya know) you are looking at what's new on the shelf...and as you wander around, still following the girl you will never ask out, you see something in the kiddie aisle that makes you stop and play with it.

For me, i found those fisher price Imaginext dinosaurs to be kewl. sturdy, tons of mindless fun and even for kids in the that age group, they look pretty darn good.
    [​IMG]

like the t-rex that snaps its head back and forth and growls when you push the button, or the trike that stomps across the floor. just innocent fun with dinos...

also, i do have 2 rescue heroes figures- got Matt Medic
    [​IMG]

and Aidan Assist

[​IMG]as gifts when i got my medic's license- and i like them, too. just kept them in the package though.

any toys out there a bit young for you, but you still think they are pretty neat?

2. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

My older two boys grew up on those rescue heroes, they came out right around the time my oldest boy was born, but back then they were just regular fire men and police officers. We still have a few of them laying around the house.

My third son is a dinosaur fanatic and has just about ever imaginex dinosaur set, I would have loved them when I was a kid.

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I got to admit that dino line is indeed cool and if I were younger, I would be nuts over them! The sabertooth tiger looks pretty cool!

4. Gestalts Vault

Gestalts Vault Well-Known Member

Got both lines for my son. Rescue Heroes are all in boxes but their bases/vehicles are so huge they take up too much space. Still might just hang onto them for him. Just in case a G1esque market develops in 20 years.

5. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

6. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

Those Imaginext toys are awesome. I would have loved those as a kid. It makes me wish I had kids of my own to buy those for.

7. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

Talk about PC, they make crippled Rescue Heroes?

8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i opened Aidan Assist (unwrapped him; he's still MISB on my shelf) and i had to choke back a WTF? chuckle at him.
    i applaud the notion that they want to point out the handicapped can do anything if they want it bad enough, but come on, after being a medic for several years, it ain't practical.

but then again, i have yet to see an Oracle figure with an action packed wheelchair, so i guess that is a point for RH toys.

9. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Of course you can do anything when you're surrounded by complex machines.

10. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

Not sure if it counts but I have taken up Yoyoing lately. I never learned it as a kid. it never came up as I never bothered to buy one, so I was curious if I could do it. A bit of practice (and a wiki search) later and I've found a new hobby.