Minor/Repaint: Kick-Off WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by MissingSea, May 14, 2012.

1. MissingSea

MissingSea Well-Known Member

Had this planned for a long while and the release of the Botcon version finally kicked (pun not intended) me into action. While I do like the Botcon version, getting hold of one here in the UK is a bit too expensive for my tastes.

I've modded the head, to be more in line with Kick-Off. The side vents next to the face were cut back, as were the 'ears' and the crest was also trimmed back. I've also slightly flattened the visor just above the nose to try and lose some of that Jazz vibe.

I've tried to give him more of a rally car feel by adding vents to the front of the alt mode to either side of where the head pops out. I've also added some styrene details to the car roof again to try and distinguish him more from Jazz.

I was going to try and build a new spoiler, but I think the one he's already got works well enough.

For the colour scheme I'll be doing a more G1 inspire colour scheme and I've picked up some decals that should help with the whole rally car theme.

Currently the colours are at the first blocking out stage and will be significantly cleaned up over the next couple of days (hoping to get this finished before I go away on Wednesday).

Sorry for the image quality, my camera doesn't have the best macro mode.

Attached Files:

2. cyclonus8

cyclonus8 Well-Known Member

Looks great so far.
    I'm trying to do a Jazz repaint too, but I'm having a hard time taking him apart. How did you get the door pins out? Hot solder?

3. MissingSea

To get the door pins out I drilled a hole above the other end of the pin and pushed it out the usual way. Though be careful when you do, I almost snapped the right side of the door post off as the entire back panel is seperate from the front end. I'll be filling in the holes with putty, but want to make sure there are no rub issues first.

4. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

News Credits:
    I like this so far, im making a TFP version of kick-off

5. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    I like it

6. robvega214

robvega214 Mp5_Brut

definately like the colors on this guy

7. MissingSea

Got back from my business trip today and got more done on Kick-Off. Still need to do some minor touch ups on him and then the decals to be applied. Again sorry for the poor picture quality, the light in my front room isn't the best.

Attached Files:

8. MissingSea

I finally finished Kick-Off today, there are a few minor issues to resolve. The left door is loose for some reason, as is the right foot. But other than those few bits he's done. I'll have to take some better pictures at a later date.

Attached Files:

9. cyclonus8

cyclonus8 Well-Known Member

That's nice and clean. I love those custom labels.