KFC Toys - Masterpiece Snapdragon and Apeface

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TigerBlade, Apr 28, 2017.

1. engrpedro

engrpedro Well-Known Member

Why are we jumping to S4 bots/cons so fast? I still need a decent CJ!

:) 

• Like Like x 1
  2. Devastator21

Devastator21 Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    they have ya covered to. or thier sister company xtb

3. engrpedro

engrpedro Well-Known Member

Preferred to have CJ first. Ok I'll wait :) 

Anyways Kingorilla looks good, bring on the early reviews.

4. Devastator21

Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    i think the rep said q3 or q4

5. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, I'm not really interested in Season 4/Headmaster stuff so these would be a pass for me no matter what, but that alt mode for Apeface looks kinda weird? What's with the crazy spindly arms and legs? I'm not hugely familiar with the character but they don't look much like any of the screen captures I could find. Looks a lot more like the G1 toy I think?
    I could be wrong of course, having no familiarity with the character, but bleh.
    Of course part of the reason I have no interest in these Season 4 headmaster things is they all tend to have pretty crappy alt modes. So much for "Robots in Disguise" - disguised as what?
    Anyway, absolutely not for me, but glad those who want it are getting it and hopefully it looks like you want it to?

6. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon

They are like the Terrorcons or the Predacons... Their alt-modes (one of them) are melee battle modes

7. Starganderfish

Starganderfish Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I ... guess. Wouldn't catch me going into battle with arms and legs that skinny and flimsy though. Just asking for a kick to the kneecap/elbow to completely disable you. Didn't Apeface at least have thicker "gorilla like" limbs in the cartoons?

8. malware5

malware5 Well-Known Member

Erm......futuristic jets and cars, the same way the dinobots and insecticons were disguised as gigantic robot dinosaurs and insects....yes because no one would ever think they were robots because seeing gigantic robot dinosaurs and insects were commonplace on earth!?

:lolol 

• Like Like x 1
  9. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon

You will be surprised of the force exerted by those spindly arms! In the cartoon his arms were not as big as a "real gorilla" though...

Last edited: May 15, 2017
  10. aurance

aurance Well-Known Member

I love me some Apeface but the gorilla arms/legs are a bit too spindly.

11. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

IDK, however you see it, (and I was the first to call ballocks on his hands and feet) a triple changer with radically oposing forms been pulled off that good is indeed a feat of engineering, especially when it doesnt have a fuckton of panels, hollow places and holes *cough*mp36*cough*....

• Like Like x 1
  12. trey carter

trey carter Ladiesman217

Ebay:
    You make a good point. I think 3rd parties are tasked with too much. For the majority of people to accept a 3rd party figure it has to be perfect, and then some. Comparatively no one really bats an eye at all the panel lines all over mp36 and the unsightly kibble, because, of course, it's official. It's like, you'd think the larger company that should be able to put more resources into a product would be able to deliver more, especially with the recent asking prices of mp's. Ijs, every Takara product I own, since like mp11 just leaves me wanting more.

Back to the point though, while I think companies like maketoys, and fanstoys could do better, this is still a nice set. I like Snapdragon especially,and he specifically is soot on in terms of looks. Apeface's bot mode gets pretty close,and while the ape mode is very g1 it just leaves me wanting more. All in all, I'm confident I'll pick this up. The question is when?

Truth be told, I probably wouldn't be collecting again without third party figs. I found out about them and started back.

13. Devastator21

Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    this month

14. trey carter

trey carter Ladiesman217

Ebay:
    No man I meant when will I get them. They're good, but as I said I think some other companies could do better, that and I believe tfcon in July is gonna show ALOT of new products. While I like them, they're not priority pick ups, especially being from KFC. I'll wait for reviews, muddle it over, and perhaps pick both up sometime in August-November, gotta get the rest to my Fanstoys figures preordered.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

I mean I know "Wait for FT to do it" is something of a meme, but, c'mon guys, its not like they're going to make every figure out there. Especially B listers like Snapdragon and Apeface

16. tigatron2002

tigatron2002 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Definitely interested in these

17. Orion2703

Orion2703 Ultimate Hunter TFW2005 Supporter

I'm curious more than anything at this point, but if that swirly gloss plastic is the final finish they'll be an easy pass, I don't care for that at all.

18. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

Say what??
    Them's fighting words.

In an Apeface thread, no less!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

Hey, it could have been worse, I could have said they were C listers like my favorite triple changer Broadside. Or Skids. They at least placed better than him :p . Mind I know comic Skids did more, but everyone's cartoon focused these days

They're sadly on that list of "They showed up in did stuff in one series but never made much of a lasting impact" that a lot of Transformers are at

20. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

It's the toys, man. The toys were the shizz. Horrorcon toys occupy a special place in many of our hearts (don't they? Don't they???).

The toy commercials where they had these damned well-animated scenes of whatever characters they were pushing also captivated me. Pinnacles of Japanese animation in my book.

Just look at that. That's all it took, man. Hooked forever.

• Like Like x 12