KFC E.A.V.I. Metal Phase 9A Kingorilla (Masterpiece Apeface)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TigerBlade, Apr 28, 2017.

1. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Yes those two are quite good as well. What I really like about them are their alt-modes!

Is the peg too big? One of my copies had that problem, but after wedging the peg in a couple of times it becomes easier to peg the guns the next times!

2. metalwar2010

metalwar2010 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yes. I had to force them in and they were in there pretty tight. I was worried I might be stressing that section. If you compare the replacements to the original gun handles, there is a bit of a difference in thickness there, at least on mine there is and you can see it when you fold the handle down to get the peg for ship mode storage.

To me, even the gray hands holes were bigger and sticking both guns resulted as I suspected, the original handles didn't fit at all and the replacements fit snugged, as they should. I've had that situation where I had to take a flat head screwdriver and sort of push open the hole just enough to get the gun in but that didn't result in the feeling I may be doing more harm than good.

In the end, I'm a bit bothered that if a test shot was floating around with this gun handle issue that KFC didn't try to address it then. These new handles and gray hands were clearly a knee jerk reaction. I mean how can you provide new handles that now don't fit in the gun? On my guns, there is clearly some extra space, not much but enough to fix the issue without sacrificing the 2nd use for the guns via jet mode.

It is what it is.

3. metalwar2010

Ebay:
    Those gray hands were painful as hell. My thumbs are shaking and pretty red from the pressure I had to use to get the tips of the thumbs in. Thankfully, they are together and complete with no missing parts.

Bad news is I could only get one gun handle swapped and the other I couldn't get the screws out, two I couldn't even turn. Contacted my seller to reach out to KFC for replacement of both guns. What a pain in the ass all this was and so unnecessary.

4. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    XTB / KFC have some weird problem with the molding process... It is almost always that in one of the mirrored pieces (for example the hands), either the peg or the slot, which is too big or too small to fit correctly with one another.

5. metalwar2010

Ebay:
    Very true.

6. Gojira101

Gojira101 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I had to shave the nubs down to fit them in. Was a grueling process.

7. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a process I wouldn't wish on an enemy.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

So, I'm thinking of using the latest flash sale to buy this guy along with Kingzilla but watching some reviews is giving me some cold feet. Some of the issues like the constantly untabbing backpack seem pretty bad. For those who have him, do you recommend him overall or not?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    He’s fine. Get him.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Stoikovich

Stoikovich Well-Known Member

As a minor call back to my issue in December, I contacted Transbots and a very helpful person has posted me some replacement fingers for $5 postage costs - I am a very happy customer.
    Thanks again to Devastator21 for the contact details.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    The backpack won't untab if you tab it correctly! Be careful with the fingers when you transform him.

12. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Glad you survived to assemble another day bro :) 

I've assembled the KFC hands for a number of figures - including this beast. I wouldn't necessarily call fun, but also hasn't been as painful as your ordeal seemed to be.

For the guns - what kind of screwdriver were you using? The freebie one with the thing black handle? I found that sometimes it's hard on the fingers just using that thing - and I often have more success using a fatter handle screwdriver to get a better grip. Hope it works out for you.

Buy him (if you haven't already). The backpack on mine tabs in fine. If you're using him for heavy play it might pop out, but does anybody actually play with any of these $140 bots?

13. metalwar2010

Ebay:
    Both, the one from KFC first and then my personal. I'm sure I could've cranked on them until they were loose but as I found out with the center screw, I also may not get them out once they were freed up either. They were clearly glued in or put in during the drying process, as the other gun didn't give me half that trouble.

Either way, KFC can spare them for the hassle. Just waiting for Netclow to send them, as he got them a few days ago.

14. Soundwave3k

Soundwave3k TFW2005 Supporter

Thanks y'all! I ended up buying both him and Kingzilla after all. Just waiting on them to show up now. :) 

• Like Like x 3
  15. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Enjoy!

16. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Cool.

Just speaking from personal experience, even if u stripped the screw, u could then pry the gun open. Ur getting new ones anyways so why not.

I hate waiting for parts but totally up to you. All good.

17. mlgpapalouie

mlgpapalouie The King of Bad Luck

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Just ordered this guy and im saving up for Kingzilla next
    He should be here sometime next week, hopefully its a solid figure

• Like Like x 1
  18. Insectabot

Insectabot Well-Known Member

So solid, no complaints, you will love it except for the lack of paint if that bothers you

• Like Like x 1
  19. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Lack of paint" = less areas prone to chipping. Me like.

• Like Like x 3
  20. slideshot

slideshot Well-Known Member

So I got kingzilla and kingorilla today from baba with the ebay coupon. Didn’t really know what to expect, but I opened Kingzilla first. Kingzilla is amazing. Easy to flip between modes, great heft and presence, and just looks great. Amazingly, his KFC hands were suprisingly tight and didn’t feel like they would break immediately. The grey swirly plastic did not even bother me as much as I expected. I was really impressed by him.

Kingorilla was another story. As soon as he came out of the box, the index finger just popped off. His hands didn’t want to fit back into the forearms when changing him into plane mode. The backpack never seemed to clip onto his back, and the legs did not seem to line up to the sides of the torso when changing him to plane mode. His headmaster did not fit into the cockpit with removing the light up console, and the canopy still does not sit flush to the body of the plane.

Is there any way to get the canopy to fit flush? Also, are the grey hands tighter than the purple ones? I haven’t had the chance to transform kingorilla as much with kingorilla as I have with Kingzilla, but I’ll try him out some tomorrow.

Is it possible I just got a bum one and should ask for a swap?