KFC E.A.V.I. Metal Phase 10A Kingzilla (Masterpiece Snapdragon)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TigerBlade, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I just checked mine as well and mine only come out to the 45° and I've had mine for a couple of years. I've never ever thought about that till you said something about the wheels. Thanks for asking cause mine are like yours so i guess that's how they are supposed to be.

• Like Like x 1
  2. fujikuro

fujikuro Well-Known Member

Question on dino mode arms. I just received my Kingzilla today, and one of the arms just separated in the box. This is basically at the lower of the two arm joints. It's like the screw is too short or something to hold the lower arm on. I hate to return it to BBTS, but I can't get that screw to hold no matter what.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: I've figured it out. There's a post that fits into a hole, THEN the screw goes in. Looks like the post has just sheared off in the hole. I never even got a chance to transform it. Bah. Back to BBTS he goes.

3. Insectabot

Insectabot Well-Known Member

So I’ve had this guy since he was first released and I just looked on the shelf and he’s headless....

So I found the head, and it no longer will stay in. The spring mechanism is too strong or the catch is worn and just doesn’t hold anymore.

Any ideas on how to fix, has this happened to anyone yet?

4. Sideswipe523

Sideswipe523 Well-Known Member

Can't say that I have, had mine since day 1 and still no problems, sometimes the place you got it from will get you a replacement part, I buy from BBTS and they get me parts even long after a purchase, maybe depends on the amount of money spent there previously.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    I don't transform mine, so it's fine... Maybe the peg or the hole were the headmaster pegs in have worn out apparently.

As with many friction mechanisms, maybe a bit of future in the hole could help Kingzilla to keep his head on.

I remember Emgo having the same problem with his Kingorilla.

• Like Like x 1
  6. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

That mechanism is slightly interesting. I think the small horizontal indented lines on the side of the headmaster "neck" is what the torso uses to catch the head. I doubt those have worn down which leads me to believe something malfunctioned in the torso. There is a horizontal screw cover panel that comes off easily enough to unscrew the torso and see if you can figure it out.
    Else you could try to squeeze the edges of the headmaster "neck" , to push the plastic out of shape with needle nose pliers, to give it more friction to resist the spring. I would try this first. This guy has SO many moving parts, I'd be worry about spending too much time on it.

You could also hit up KFC to see what they thing and maybe they will send you a new torso. Just as much work though to swap it out imo.

Sorry to hear about your problem. Still loves Kingorilla and Kingzilla. HEY! Kingzilla has a freaking ab crunch. Just now noticed.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At long last I finally have one on the way to me. This one's been on my list for a long, long time. I have and love Kingorilla and hope this one will not let me down. :) 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Kingzilla arrived today from BBTS and I really like him. But what surprised me most is that I actually like Kingorilla more after having both in hand now. I was expecting to like Kingzilla more because I like the G1 toy Snapdragon more than I like the G1 toy Apeface. But in this case, they're switched. I'm not flinging poo at KFC's Kingzilla, as I said I really like this beefy fella a lot. I was just surprised that I like Apeface/Kingorila more in this case.

Accessories are cool. Not many, but all seem useful. Joints ratchet nicely, although he does have a rather wide A-stance. But over all, I have nothing to whine about. Well built IMHO and I like his transformation and faithfulness to the G1 toy despite his silver color. I dig it.Cool jet thing mode and a decent dragon/dino mode. Robot mode is great. Just a good, solid, heavy, well-made/engineered TF with a transformation I can enjoy. I'm happy to have him.

Robot Mode: A+ (Wide A-Stance}
    Jet Mode: A
    Dragon-Thing Mode: B+ (scrawny arms)
    Transformation: A (Close to the G1 to almost a fault)
    Articulation: A (Leg ratchets a bit wide but otherwise great)

Overall: A-

Light on paint apps, but still a nice looking piece. This is one of those MP-Style releases that is made to be both displayed and handled. It's made to transform with confidence that is also satisfying to me. Fingers are decent. Yeah, cool piece.

• Like Like x 3
  9. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

I love em both but have a soft spot for Apeface because he just has so much attitude that carries over from what I remember from G1. Both figures are awesome with jet modes that steal the show imo.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Arko22

Arko22 Psychopomp

Got this guy and love him! (sorry for the weird position of the pictures i don't have a good place to pose my figures at the moment)
    88981925_200647824486585_5447805010089869312_n.jpg
    Spacejet mode is great! Nothing wrong with it to me.
    89039348_213285726528449_2783619676641427456_n.jpg
    Now, i know there is a way that it could have been possible to give the dino/dragon legs more articulation at the knee. Could have put the feet on the thrusters with a swivel. But it's still totally fine for what it is!
    89030834_194323918296566_8181701193215508480_n.jpg
    Bot mode is fine. The proportions are a bit weird, but so was the original figure. Has the weird hips as well, but it is a good figure overall!
    89068866_633883477411244_2115676395811110912_n.jpg
    A little bonus, the headmasters that come with any of Fans Toys' God Bomber figures can fit into the headmaster slots on this guy and Kingorilla.

• Like Like x 5
  11. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Hmmm I really need a third set...

12. Sonofadefro

Sonofadefro Don't waste food. I'll keel you

Love the heft on this figure. The die cast parts are very appropriately used and the bot mode has a beautiful sculpt. If i lived in a bigger house, i would have kept mine for sure!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Arko22

Arko22 Psychopomp

Yes! Die cast sure does make it (really most figures) feel like a proper item. Like, not just a toy. But a collectible item.

14. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    FansToys made Godbomber??

15. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    I think he means Fans Hobby.

16. Arko22

Arko22 Psychopomp

I noticed AFTER i posted that i put 'toys' instead of 'hobby'. But still, it does fit in if you put the head a certain way

17. sodawilly

sodawilly Old School fan since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I decided I'm finally going to paint my Apeface too this weekend! Figured now is a good time while being off in quarantine.

- Gregg

• Like Like x 3
  18. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    My buddy, @sodawilly, painted my SnapD for me. I love it now.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BIOMEC

News Credits:
    Pictures please!

• Like Like x 2
  20. chirtman

chirtman S.T.A.R.S

Ebay:
    I really like these but restrained myself for a re-release in white. I just hate that silver. But, after all this time it seems the toon accurate colours won't happen.

It still amazes me that some k.o and 3rd party companies are missing a real win by not giving us decos we want.

• Like Like x 2