KFC E.A.V.I. Metal Phase 10A Kingzilla (Masterpiece Snapdragon)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by TigerBlade, Apr 28, 2017.

1. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    I'll wait till someone sells it cheaper. Getting sick of repainting expensive figures that should be the right colour out of the box

Unless they do a white release. Then I'm in 100%

• Like Like x 5
  2. JoeHavok

JoeHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If they release a white version, I may pick the silver painted version cheap. Usually I'm in the same thought process as you Tigerblade. But, the Silver paint doesn't bother me on these figures.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JPrime

JPrime Michael Bay Assassin

So BSF really liked this guy.

If it was the off white color, I could live with the A stance. Although the grey plastic doesn't look bad. Nice to hear its getting good reviews though.

4. ferrari35

ferrari35 Well-Known Member

It would be nicer to hear it's coming out in white :D 

• Like Like x 2
  5. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, if they did an off-white release I'd be in for both. I had Kingorilla for about a day and immediately sold it. The gray swirly plastic looks terrible in-hand IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    I like both figures as they are. No point in people complaining about the same thing about colors. Get over it, don't buy it and stop beating a dead horse you picky poeple. These figures were well made. Time to sit down and eat popcorn to see people repeat themselves on an endless cycle :deadhorse: :horse: :lolol :popcorn :popcorn 

• Like Like x 4
  7. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Complaints and future desires are different. I am sure kfc welcomes recolors down the road based on the voices of their fans. Who are you to call this beating a dead horse. No one asking for a future recolor is saying what we hhave is bad. Quite the opposite I read.

• Like Like x 2
  8. bruticonstuntercon

bruticonstuntercon Deceptacreep

If I have understood ibot's previous post correctly (which I may not have because it was difficult to know exactly what he meant) where he said they need 'quantity' to put a white version in production, I take that to mean they need some demand. What better way of letting him gauge that demand by people stating that they are waiting for a white version on a forum designed, in part, for such a thing?

• Like Like x 3
  9. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    And maybe we could get a little remolding in the head, to mimic the G1's faceplate-flip that hid the robot face in Dino mode.

• Like Like x 2
  10. rubadubspawn

rubadubspawn Rubadubspawn deals @ [email protected]

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    @TigerBlade - No offense, but I think most of us on here like it when you feel compelled to do repaints :)  You totally bring out the figures in a way that some of the 3P company's either just don't get, or are missing that extra 5%.

I hear you that it must be a pain, but I personally enjoy seeing your custom work!

• Like Like x 3
  11. Sonofadefro

Sonofadefro Don't waste food. I'll keel you

Well, mayb the first release was an experiment to see who likes silver. Seems like theres a lot of ppl who liked the figure regardless of the colour, but looky! Theres a big group of G1-ers who want it white instead! Mmm looks like a market we can tap into. Lets do a recolour! I think i explained the motive clear enough. Profit!:scalper 

• Like Like x 1
  12. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon, aka "Ratchetman"

News Credits:
    Bobby's review

• Like Like x 1
  13. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    have said it before the majority of his customers are probably in japan who have not expressed the need for a white version , the small majority of his customers on forums like this are probably not enough to sway the production of a white version

just like takara in japan we are are a small majority of their customers the main customer base being in japan and surrounding area's

14. bruticonstuntercon

bruticonstuntercon Deceptacreep

Yes, I remember you saying that. There are a few uses of the word 'probably'in what you said. Do we know what customers in Japan think about this? Maybe they feel the same as many of us? And though the people on this forum may be only a small percentage of the customers is it not possible that we are somewhat representative of the customers in our parts of the world? Why wouldn't we be? I suppose we all care enough to actually be on a forum unlike the majority of customers who aren't here, but I suspect our different preferences and opinions on the products are at least somewhat representative and hence worth paying attention to if you're a rep. In any case, it is fun to share opinions whether we have any sway or not, though it certainly seemed to have an effect when people asked for a new face for Apeface and spurred ibot into looking into adding a ratchet in snapdragons knee/elbow when that was requested by multiple members of the forum too......

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  15. Gamerlingual

Gamerlingual Moderator

News Credits:
    I could see a repaint since they did one for Blaster. Hope they keep making improved quality like they did with Snapdragon.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Insectabot

Insectabot Well-Known Member

Didn't want to bump the octane thread, but I figure this is a KFC thread so here goes.

What is the status of octane???? @ibot I need to know when octane is hitting retail please! Any update is appreciated

Oh and by the way, kingzilla and kingorilla are awesome!

• Like Like x 2
  17. mighty cyclonus

mighty cyclonus Well-Known Member

I am perfectly happy with my silver horrocons from KFC. But I will double down if they offer off-white repaint versions. @ibot any chance? ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  18. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You really should bump the Octane thread, bud. Taking over this thread in order to get updates from iBot is off topic 101.

• Like Like x 2
  19. ChromeMagnus

ChromeMagnus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why? That's what threads are for. Don't let people scare you off.

• Like Like x 2
  20. luckyman76

luckyman76 Well-Known Member

Stratotanker is in preproduction prototype and ready for reviews. Things tend to go in order of prototype release. Kingzilla dropped, Klaatu is scheduled to drop first week of next month. Stratotanker was scheduled to drop then but looks like will be pushed toward the end of the month. I would expect to start seeing reviews once Klaatu is available for sale. Next after that is Neptune and Toro/Coprimozzo in October, and then some ordering of Virtus/Dante/DaVinci by the end of the year. Not including mystery figures likes Deathsaurus finally popping up and maybe Locke and Abaddon although I doubt it. At TFCon DC I think you see Neptune, Toro/Coprimozzo and probably Dante and DaVinci. They may spring Deathsaurus there. I do think more than four figures is pushing it on displaying figures. You want each figure to get a lot of attention. If you look at the history it is 100% marketing your next figures coming out with some future plans. Maybe the KFC Superion renders are revealed.

• Like Like x 2