KFC Bad Cop (Auto Assembly 2013 Exclusive)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Sol Fury, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Weitat1988

Weitat1988 Well-Known Member

will this fits on Transformers club barricade ? that would be perfect

2. Alooulla

Alooulla Decepticon

Really pleased with mine, except i struggled with the 'Police' signs for the doors...I just could not work out how they were supposed to go on, which was probably idiotic of me. In the end i just cut out the word police and stuck that on after painting the doors white. Love it!

3. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    Now all we need is the Class to appear on Youtube....

4. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Yes, the head is a fully painted, factory produced ABS plastic head, made by the wonderful people at KFC (Keiths Fantasy Club). A huge leap in quality over last years Marlboor Shapeways kit I think you'll all agree.

Thanks

5. Raiju

Raiju Navel Shocker Veteran

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    The RiD mold is more accurate to the generic Vehicon goons on the TFP show but the figure itself feels rather cheap and light as far as plastic materials go. That and a lot of the ball joints are hella loose on the vast majority of my RiD Vehicons (I own 10 of them), resulting in them doing the splits to the point where I had to do the super glue trick to tighten their joints. I also dislike how they did their weirdly janked up elbow joints and forearms/hands.

The FE Deluxe mold feels vastly better in hand as far as plastic quality and heft go, especially the Takara version. It also feels bigger and bulkier to me too (as opposed to spindly like the RiD), which suits a character like Barricade just fine. Accuracy and poseability suffers (along with the back kibble) but I just like the FE mold so much more than the RiD.

Exactly. It definitely gives the FE Vehicon mold its own identity (a very badass one, at that).

Oh, and I PM'd you for details on how to get one of these kits, thanks! I really love the look of it and how the kit captures the essence of the aligned continuity design!

6. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd love to see more "head and stickers make a new character" sets out there. Why not make some generic Autobot Police Troopers from FOC Jazz or the TFPrime Prowl/Smokescreen mold?

I hope someone comes up with a similar upgrade set into a Bad Cop for the PRID Vehicon. That's the only one I can find.

7. knightmare6

knightmare6 Reflector In Disguise

Ebay:
    I might be interested in picking up a kit, but won't know until the end of the week

8. Jerrymiru

Jerrymiru TF Ninja

Two completely different molds. You would have to do so modding to get it to fit. The head on the TF club has it's own attached ball joint and post. This one should have just the socket. Opposite head joints.

9. Emperor Zarak

Emperor Zarak Decepticon Emperor

News Credits:
    I'd love to have him

10. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Every PM has been replied to, if you haven't received a PM please hit me up again. Thanks.

11. Infosaur

Infosaur Ancient Cybertronian

That looks totally badass.

It's a shame the TV show couldn't put a similar effort into making a unique character.

And really it didn't take much at all.

12. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Okay, the majority of these kits have been sent out. Unfortunately two people paid via paypal without giving an address or their TFW name, so I have no idea where to send them.

Thomas B
    Gabriel T

Can you please PM me and confirm your address and full Paypal ID.

Thanks.

13. Raiju

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    ^ Nice, thanks for the quality service. Really looking forward to getting this kit! I have a spare wheel mace weapon (that I repurposed from Robot Replicas Barricade) that I plan to give to this guy. :D 

That said, wasn't there some color differences between the Hasbro and Takara FE Vehicon molds? I think the Takara one is more dark navy while the Hasbro version is more black, though I can't say for sure as I only own two of the Takara versions. I ask since the "punish and enslave" stickers appear to be on a black field (would have preferred them being on clear/transparent backing instead).

14. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah i wish the stickers would have been clear. i plan to actually cut around the words as much as i can so its not a whole black sticker going on.

think ill get one of the few reprolabel sets for barricade and mess with those stickers.

15. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If anyone is interested I have two of the U.S. (black) First Edition Vehicons minus their heads if anyone wants one or both. Both transformed only once. Both with instructions and weapon. I just bought them but really don't like the mould, too fiddly for my tastes. I'm going to mod the Bad Cop kit I have on the way for the PRID mould and use the FE heads for some customs.

If interested PM. Will ship wherever.

16. NamelessOne

NamelessOne SG Autobot

Got my kit yesterday, thanks Sid!

I've a bunch of Deluxe RID and AM Vehicons and Air Vehicons, and one each of the FE Vehicons, (one black, one black and blue) and used the black and blue one for Bad Cop - only a few simple changes, but totally changes my feelings on the FE figure - completely in love this one again now, and he, along with Voyager Starscream, can lead my small drone army!

Just wish it was on general release (like last year's Marlboor kit) - these need to be available to more people than just short-run convention exclusives....

I'll be getting the TFCC Barricade to be repurposed as SG Prowl, but this is my TFPrime Barricade.....

17. Deceptigtar

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hope my kit comes soon! i got some reprolabels on the way with more stickers to try some other things.

18. Raiju

News Credits:
    Flickr:
    Just got my kit yesterday, thanks Sid! Put the head on a Takara FE Vehicon and it looks great. I did have to pry some bits of plastic out of the head socket so the neck ball joint could fit in there but it's a good fit now. That said, the face is a bit flatter than I'd like and the head smaller than I was expecting, but overall Barricade turned out pretty sweet. I'll have to add some paint details (some more silver to his chest, and maybe his red/blue police lights somewhere on his abdomen or waist) and he'll be complete. I'll post pictures once I'm done. Thanks again!

19. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The head was damn tricky to get on, but now mine's on it's nice and tight :)  Will try to get some images posted over the next few days.

20. Deceptigtar

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    damn it mine isnt here yet :(