Keys for the Omega Lock.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MetaRidleyX, Feb 8, 2009.

1. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX I Lied!

Hello all, I have recently obtained CYBERTRON PRIMUS! (He is super awesome) as you know with Primus comes the Omega Lock, now you see sometimes I don't care about "show accuracy" when it comes to certain toys but......this time I do.....I want the 4 cyber planet keys that go into the Omega Lock that went into it in the show, now I know I could just buy 4 random bots from the Cybertron line that are from each planet....but what if I pick a bad one, then I would have spent my money on just a stupid key instead of a awesome toy and a key.

So, I ask you guys....what four toys from each cyber planet key should I buy?

2. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    if you want the real planet keys (they have gold on the sides) then get Scourge, Evac, Overide and Metroplex.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    If you want the exact four keys, you have no choice over which toys you buy at all - only Metroplex, Evac, Scourge and Override came with the golden "Cyber Planet Keys", the rest of their planets characters came with silver.

Annoyingly, they are also some of the weakest representatives of their worlds. Metroplex is poseable, but has a terrible alt mode. Override is hampered by the autotransform gimmick. Scourge has a few areas where his poseability is limited. Evac, though, is awesome through and through.

Scourge and Override have repaints, Cyro Scourge and Override GTS. I like those decos better than the originals, and they still come with the gold keys.

Now, if you just want a character from each world, to have the correct four keys but in silver not gold, you've got more options. In that case, I'd suggest Crosswise or Smokescreen for Earth, Snarl for Jungle, Clocker or Crumplezone for Speed, and Quickmix for Giant. The Giant Planet toys are mostly a weak bunch, unfortunately all three have some flaws. But Quickmix is still pretty fun and has the best alt mode of the three (and an awesome maser tank third mode involving his Key feature :) )

4. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Well, technically there are more than four Cyber Planet Key designs. But if you just want representatives from the four main planets...

Speed Planet's best rep is probably Hot Shot. Personally I like the Excellion colors better but that's up to you.

Jungle Planet's finest has to be Scourge. Awesome toy with a great alt. mode.

Earth Keys have a number of good molds. I'd recommend either Smokescreen/Crosswise or Evac; they're both great.

Giant Planet has only 3 "members" so choosing one shouldn't be hard. Toss a coin and pick Quickmix or Menasor based on the result.

5. MetaRidleyX

MetaRidleyX I Lied!

I really just wanted the symbol and I didn't really care if it was gold or not, so keep on recommending.

6. Ashstar

Ashstar Liberator of Toys

News Credits:
    Am a lil' late to the party but grats on getting the creator himself! He's a piece not to be missed from any collection just like Unicron! :rock 

As for the planet keys, its been well-said. In the original cartoon, the original Planet Keys were required to be plugged in, and these (which are merely planet keys with golden trims instead of silver) only came with the planet leaders' toys - Evac for Earth, Override for Speed, Scourge for Jungle and Metroplex for Giant.

Due to my non-extensive Cybertron collection, I'm using Primus' Autobot key, a Speed key from Movie Clocker, and the original Jungle and Earth keys.

7. Iron Spider-Man

Iron Spider-Man Banned

News Credits:
    Actually as far as gold keys go, for Earth, Supreme Starscream also has the Gold Earth Key. And he's totally awesome.

8. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I'll admit, I got Metroplex on sale from HTS ages ago just to get his key so I'd have the real full set, and that's what's in my Omega Lock, since in the fiction, only the gold ones are the planet keys, the silver bordered ones are Force Chips.

There are a few different configuations you could go with if you don't really care, and since some of the Target Movie Scouts were re-releases, and there's the Botcon keys, there's all sorts of choices out there. If you don't want to go the 4 planets route. I'll admit at the time I played around with various key configuations.

However, that's off topic. You can always get the scouts from 3 of the four planets and not be out much dough. Heck, you can probably get 3 of the four still at a Big Lots or similar stores in their Universe packaging.

As far as the toys go with silver keys, you run into a bit of an issue IMHO in that the Giant Planet doesn't have much to offer, I didn't like any of them all that much. I suppose I'd suggest:

Earth: Crosswise
    Speed: Dark Crumplezone
    Jungle: Undermine
    Giant: Quickmix

9. Chosen

Chosen Space Ninja

Cryo Scourge comes with a silver key, not gold.

10. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Gold Earth Key - Evac, Supreme Starscream
    Gold Speed Key - Override, Override GTS
    Gold Jungle Key - Scourge (cryo-scourge DOES not come with a gold key)
    Gold Giant Key - Metroplex

As far as silver coolnest my choices are:
    Silver Earth Key - Downshift, Armorhide
    Silver Speed Key - Hotshot/Excellion
    Silver Junge Key - Snarl, Cryo Scourge
    Silver Giant Key - your two choices are Quickmix and Menasor which are meh, I might have an extra silver Giant key if you're interested.

11. kwickstrike

kwickstrike Banned

Ebay:
    id say hot shot , evac, scourge and metroplex.

somebody is probably selling cyber keys in the junkion section. it would save the money of getting the figures