Kentucky Meet-up

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by Weirdwolf, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Seeing as I'm running a route that requires me to work Monday-Tuesday, Friday-Saturday (4 10-hour days), I'll be working that day, but I'll definitely be there, even if I have to be late. Hopefully I'll only have one load going out and I'll try and knock it out as quickly as possible. If I have to reload, I'll just do the same.

2. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't see why not? This is gonna be real laid back. Basically I think we will be trading / selling out of our trunks. I would not want to upset the owner. Kinda play it by ear. But the main thing is to have fun.

3. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Yes, that is correct. This guy makes his money by selling out of his store. Since he is not charging us to use the place, we should not be B/S/Ting in his store just out of respect. In fact, I would encourage buying something from him.

4. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yo Bret - did you get my email about stuff for the get together?

5. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wait...we won't be taking our tubs inside? What if it's forty degrees outside? And if we have to scatter parking, that makes it even more of a problem. Not that selling in the parking lot is really any better.

At our get-togethers in Knoxville, the comic guy there didn't care. We had several tables, and everyone just brought in their stuff and laid it out. Some brought stuff to show off. Just because we have our own stuff honestly doesn't change whether or not we'd buy his. Either it's a good deal or it isn't. And we weren't in the actual "store" part of the store, so it's not like we were selling to people walking in.

I just think not being able to bring in our stuff to buy/sell/trade and lay it out really makes this place a poor pick then. I'd rather set up at a local community center or something given the choice. I might could even get work to let me borrow a projector to show cartoons on a wall while we talk.

6. Weirdwolf

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I don't think we should assume that we can BST inside the store, but ask first. IF Russ says no, then we should abide by his wishes. I'd be okay with it, even if it is 15 degrees outside. To just assume he'd let us sell in his store without asking would not only be inconsiderate but also inappropriate.

7. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had assumed (apparently wrongly so) that when we were asking if we could have some tables, we told them what we'd like to do. If he's not cool with it, I'd suggest finding a different venue, but others may not care.

8. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    He may not have a problem with it, but he might. Especially since we will be in the regular part of the store. The normal game portion will be full of Magic the Gathering nerds. He's making special accommodations for us. As for where to B/S/T in that case? I was thinking we could go to a restaurant and spread out on the table after we finish eating. :p  That was my thought at least. Would that work out?

9. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    First of all, respecting the shop owner is most important. If you feel he will get upset then we do that somewhere else. As far as going to a resturant and doing it there... I don't know, I guess it would depend on if they had a more private area. I don't know where we planned on eating. While I am looking forward to trading / selling / buying, I am also stoked about seeing old friends... Oh and Rob, the wife might have something to say to you!!!

10. xZAOx

xZAOx Yep.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eep...uhh...*cough* *cough*...not feeling good guys...might have to back out...*cough*

11. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Former Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    If anyone has requests for anything I carry and would like me to bring them what they want to buy, then by all means please PM me with a list of what you want and I will pull it from stock and set it aside for you to pickup at the Meetup. The new Encore and Henkei releases that are out will be here by then. All I ask is to please not have me pull, hold, and bring stuff if you're not sure. :D 

Megamus, I sent you a PM earlier, BTW.

Oh, and if anyone else from Louisville wants to ride along, I have room in my van still...I can fit another 3 people. 4 more, actually, if three of you don't mind using the back bench at full capcity. All I ask is that you pay in towards the gas. PM me regarding that, too, if you like.

12. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Man, I wish I'd thought of that way back before I put in the preorders for them at BBTS. Thing is, I've done and been charged for Ironhide and Hound and they are in my pile of loot. Just waiting for Ratchet and Cyclonus to come in before I ship it all. I might be tempted by that red Powerglide and a Sideswipe though. Already planning to buy a white PG from Megamus at the meet-up.

Bring me a Trailbreaker for sure. Will the cassettes be out by then? If so, I'll take them too.

13. Weirdwolf

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    You wouldn't happen to have an Encore or reissue Soundwave would you?

14. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    Trailbreaker, no problem. The Cassettes won't be out for a couple more months. But pre-orders are up for them, so...:) 

Red Powerglide I can do. I have another box of those slated for delivery with the shipment. I'd have things already, actually, if they hadn' had supply problems with Hound.

Fraid I'm all out of those. Sorry man!
    I'll triple check though.

15. Weirdwolf

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    How much for Trailbreaker and Hoist?

16. Weirdwolf

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Here's a list of stuff I intend to bring to sell/trade. I'll update it if I need to add or subtract from it. If you have interest in anything, just shoot me a PM on here, or if you wish, just let me know at the get-together.

Classics:
    Megatron (loose, near mint, complete)
    Astrotrain (loose, near mint, complete, has Reprolabel Decepticon insignias)
    Starscream (original release, loose, near mint, complete, has Reprolabel Decepticon insignias)
    Rodimus (loose, near mint, complete , has Reprolabel Autobot insignia)

Also, I have available and willing to trade/sell the following items if you let me know now, otherwise I won't bring them with me:

Movie Cliffjumper MOSC
    Movie Stealth Bumblebee MOSC
    Movie Premium Bumblebee MOSC
    SDCC 08 Nemesis Prime MISB
    Binal Tech Yellow Tracks MISB
    Loose Animated Swindle, complete
    Loose Animated Soundwave, complete
    Loose Animated Jazz, complete
    Loose Animated Blurr, complete
    Loose Animated Sentinal Prime, complete
    Loose Animated Lockdown, complete, but right wrist needs to be glued to stay on better
    Masterpiece Convoy (original, 1st release) with Masterpiece Op Trailer (with box) both complete
    Masterpiece Megatron (no orange cap, has Kremzeek), otherwise complete
    Masterpiece Starscream (green) (has stress mark on one of back tailfins, but not broken, rest of figure is still fantastic)
    Alternators Grimlock (loose, complete)
    Alternators Meister (loose, complete)
    Alternators Tracks (loose, complete)

17. Sidecutter

News Credits:
    All prices are on the site. :) 

18. Weirdwolf

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Hey Sidecutter, I think I'll hold off on the figures for a while, money's just too tight right now for me to be spending on toys. In addition, my current cell phone contract is up in the middle of next month and I'm going to need cash to get into an iPhone if at all possible.

19. Sidecutter

News Credits:

AT&T = Satan.

20. Weirdwolf

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I mentioned earlier in a post in this thread I'd put up a pic of the truck I'm driving now. MUCH nicer, rides better. :) 

[​IMG]