Keith's Fantasy Club Reflectons (Reflector)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Feb 2, 2015.

1. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
    i'm in the waiting to see how these compare to each other camp....very intrigued now

2. cj37a

cj37a Well-Known Member

Easy Decision

Fan Toys... Solid quality releases.
    KFC - Getting more solid by the release... KFC Cassettes... Transistor/Blaster with extras... Citizen Stacks and Diaclone counterpart... All solidly delicious. Don't like last minute changes like Transistor and black buttons.

It comes down to one thing though... Price..
    I will sacrifice a little less quality for a lot lower price... period. i.e. Less Dcast or eye brow not being G1 animation accurate....

One thing I will say for KFC is that they mix it up.... Extras included or getting just a little away from complete G1 animation accuracy sometimes works.

Choice is good. KFC is recently on fire. Fans Toys has been staying consistantly good quality. Simply put, if Fan Toys want a lot more Money compared to KFC, KFC has sold me.
    I hope one of them give us the choice of them not coming out looking exactly like a early 80s or late 70s camera. Maybe something more cybertronic

3. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Why wasn't this an option for the Legends class CW's instead of poorly designed gun modes on figures that don't need one.

Their technically the first combiner yet never get any love from Hasbro.

4. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, there was that crappy reflector that came with Legends Shrapnel (I refuse to call him Skrapnel).

Think that's about as much love he's going to get from Hasbro really.

5. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Even Waspinator was a crappy gun for Legends Starscream though...

Just a wasted opportunity is all.

6. sifu74

sifu74 Banned

News Credits:
    KFC does have good pricing in their recent offerings with Transistor, and he came with Rewind and hands for Soundwave which usually cost $20. Not bad, not bad at all

7. Vanessa

Vanessa G1 Bonecrusher's #1 fangirl

I was going to put in a pre-order for spotter, and it would have been my first FT purchase, but now I'm going to wait and see. Got stung by KFC/XTB in the past, but there's been some water under the bridge since then, so I'm approaching a potential MP Reflector with an open mind...

8. DogFriedRice

DogFriedRice Well-Known Member

Get both KFC and FT.....The only way you can get toon accuracy is to have multiple Reflectors.

9. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'll go with the one who is more cartoon accurate . With that said , why do these companies overlap so much . Personally I only buy 3rd party items of characters that really haven't gotten a toy or at least a good version . While I do have the g1 reflector it looks nothing like the cartoon . I wish someone would do the fembots like Moonracer, FireStar , and a dedicated mold to Elita 1 . Give me toys hasbro probaly won't ever do first .

10. tabtiurf

tabtiurf Chimeracon

cool and all but transistor was KFC's chance to show the world they can nail MP level QC and they didn't quite make it. I think they're going to have a really hard time climbing over FT with this one, unless they're first to market but a good few months. And way cheaper.

11. Splendic

Splendic bleep blorp

Ebay:
    I know there are people who have a legitimate complaint with QC, but I wonder if it isn't just a vocal minority (which you'll find around almost any niche product release). Hell, Scoria got slammed as a QC failure by a vocal minority too.

But I can tell you as an owner of many, many 3P figures, Transistor is one of the most interestingly engineered, good looking toys of my whole lot. I don't have paint issues either, although I'm relatively careful with mine.

And I don't say to claim you're wrong... I only say it to make the point that if you were ever on the fence with Transistor, it might be worth it to dive in.

I'm really impressed, and happy, with mine.

12. Monari

Monari Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The difference between Scoria and Transistor's issues are that, in the case of the former, the fix was relatively easy and sent out to all customers for free. FT's follow up effort, Soar, was basically perfect. Meanwhile Transistor has been sitting in boombox mode on my shelf since the one time I transformed him because I really don't want to touch him again.

Sorry KFC - I support your efforts, but you haven't shown me that your products are on par with Fanstoys. 2/3 FT releases have been, basically, flawless. 2/2 of KFC's releases have had significant issues. In a competition, the obvious choice is Fanstoys all the way.

I really think KFC needs to improve their track-record with one, solid, out of the ballpark release before trying to take on a company like Fanstoys head on.

13. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Soar is hardly perfect... And I'm saying that as a huge ft fanboy... The fact that soar will scratch off all his paint on his legs given the chance is a huge mark against him... Still love him, but refuse to transform or touch him.

14. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Mine don't have that issue. Then again, all I did was loosen a few screws that were reportedly too tight. That was all you needed to do.

15. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    small paintjobs havent been a strong suit for these guys of late, lets see how they can change the tide and keep moving in the right direction. paint was one of the few errs they had with blaster. Im all for a better product so here's hoping, especially from a competition perspective --- make these fuckers work for this money.

16. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Yes, I was one of the first to get Soar, and my pics were the ones alerting people of the horrors that are the little hooks that tab the thighs together in robot mode... Anyway, point is, ft is good, but they are by no means perfect.

17. Bobbatronus

Bobbatronus Bullet Sponge

Ebay:
    I think polls would work great in seeing what the majority think about their product.

18. Oshboggy

Oshboggy DeceptiCobra DeathAdderCon

Someone mentioned before that if he couldn't get past the "this looks good to me" hurdle, QC or the lack thereof wouldn't even be an issue.

Well, I feel the same way. I'm prepared to deal with QC problems (to a reasonable extent) if I think the toy looks great, Say for example, Ollie. If it doesn't look right to me, no matter how well sorted the toy is, I won't bite (e.g. Quakewave, the FT dinos, maybe their Reflector).

So for me, even if FT stuff is better put together than KFC's, it's not an "obvious choice" because I may not like the look. And it's why I'm waiting to see more from KFC before I make up my mind.

19. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah, because an internet poll (on a forum) is waaaay more accurate than posts (on a forum). :peoples: 

20. joespags15

joespags15 Well-Known Member

I think a poll is better. If you read through the Soar thread, you would think he is littered with issues that everyone is having. Then go to the poll thread and you see the statistics of what people think. I had paint issues with Soar on the dino head, not a big deal. I actually have less paint issues on Transistor. I'm going to get what ever Reflector looks the best for the money.