Keiji Inafune quits Capcom

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Keroshino, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Keroshino

Keroshino OOGA, OOGA, OOGA-CHAKA!!!

News Credits:
    http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/29/keiji-inafune-leaves-capcom/
    http://kotaku.com/5676403/mega-mans-creator-quits-capcom

Wow... I didn't quite see this coming... I can't say for sure though if this is good or bad.
    sucks tho for Mega Man Legends fans (myself included)
    "one month after he tells the world he wants to make Mega Man Legends 3....he quits."

I wish him the "best of luck" though in his future endeavors

2. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Really?

For the last few months, the guy has been talking about how horrible Japan has become and how much he dislikes his job.

Dead Rising Producer Hates His Job, He Wants To Retire

Once I read this piece I had a feeling he would be out before the year was up. He seemed very unhappy lately.

I do wish him the best of luck and I'm really happy for him - he's brought me many awesome games over the years but he seemed miserable lately.

3. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow i seriously didn't see this coming either! Shit, i had no idea he hated his job. Never saw that article.

4. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    Well there goes Mega Man Legends 3...and pretty much every other potential Mega Man game...

I really wanted a Mega Man 11.

5. Megatron666

Megatron666 Well-Known Member

I think Capcom could still make megaman games, they just won't have that Inafune flare were so used to.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    MML3 will turn out fine. They have pretty much the entire original staff, and they all know what they want to do with the game. Inafune likely wasn't going to be very hands-on with the title anyways. He knew this decision was coming, so there's no way he would have put himself in any super-integral role. He probably just did whatever he had to do to get it greenlit before leaving. Think of it as his going-away present to us.

Megaman will continue, and probably won't be effected much. He hasn't really been very hands-on in any game since Dead Rising, which is a big reason he's been so unhappy the last few years.

7. magmatron

magmatron Hyper Sentinel Force!

News Credits:
    Hope they don't can MML3. Sure they greenlit it, but they barley started working on it and companies have no problem ending games that are more then half-complete(Dead Phoenix)

8. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Good way to think of it.
    Wow, I had read only recently that he hated his job and the japanese game industry, but I had no idea he was this fed up with it. I actually admire the guy in a way. Here's a guy that made it to the very top and was still able to walk away from it all. I'm sure he was making incredible money, but if you hate your job that much, that the money doesn't even matter, then I think he did the right thing by leaving.
    Here's to the guy that made some of my favorite games of all time. I hope he finds success in whatever he decides to do, even if it's retirement.

9. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

The guy is one of my heroes, makes me sad to no end that he decided to leave. Though this does kinda make lean more on the inclination that Legends 3 will be the last one of the series (I have confidence they WILL finish Legends 3, read this article The Mega Man Network » Mega Man Projects Still Carrying On) I wonder what will be the overall future of Megaman.

10. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    The article says it all. They're going to keep making Megaman games. It sucks that he's gone, but I don't expect there to be a huge difference.

11. Matrixbeast

Matrixbeast Here comes a thought

Ebay:
    I wonder where's he's gonna go to, and what new projects he has...