Keeping with E-Hobby Repaints theme

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Okay, so I've got about three E-Hobby repaints so far in my collection.
    Sunstorm, black Hot-Rod, and Tigertrack.
    After I get my MP Rodimus Prime and a few other figures, I plan on continuing my E-Hobby repaint collection and I wonder.....................
    I think it would be cool to include G1 Jetfire into the mix of repaints. However, we all know that E-Hobby will never do that because of the issues with Hasbro and Bandai and all that business with them earlier when Hasbro "stole" the Macross figure for use of Jetfire's character.

So, in order to add with the collection of E-Hobby repaints, what Macross figure should I get to give me the "LOOK" of having a repainted Jetfire?

I saw one on HobbyLinkJapan that I liked a few months ago, but I don't know if it's the same size, and if it's even still available. It looked very similar to Jetfire, except it was black with gold trim. I always thought that would be awesome as a repainted Jetfire.

What do you guy's think? What would your Jetfire Macross repaint be? And no, I don't want to buy another complete Jetfire, and repaint it myself.

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
  3. Tigertrack

Jetfire is 1:55 scale correct? I'm seeing a lot of Macross figures in different scales and I want to make sure I get the same scale, or basically the same mold just different colors. I don't care too much if the head is different.

Also, what scale would make a good WST-ish sized Jetfire? I'm seeing some of these figures in 1:144 scale, would that work?
    Oh yea, and I have seen that have been labeled as WST-Jetfires but they look way too cartoonish for my taste.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  4. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    Jetfire is the 1/55 scale. Like the Bandai reissues.

5. Tigertrack

Good to know, cause I bought one on ebay and found it's duplicate in 1/100 scale. The one I got is blue where Jetfire is red, has a single eye, not a visor. And this one has greenish/blueish/greyish body armor.

I was really hoping that the 25th Anniversary edition model was 1/55 scale, but it turns out it's 1/48. I might still get it just because I love the black/gold scheme.

6. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
  7. Tigertrack

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011