Keeping it in the family

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TrueNomadSkies, Oct 3, 2011.

1. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    So to expand on the idea that Superquad gave me (snipped from another topic), what transformers & things have we kept in the family (could include friends as well), and what sort of travels have they made along the way?

For example, my Grandma used to bring me toys from Greece when she'd visit as well as send them on occasion, one of which being a G1 Bonecrusher that used to belong to an older cousin of mine. It was cool because the G1 stuff wasn't around very much anymore (what with G2 figures having taken precedence in stores), meaning that it was really my only chance at getting a green constructicon that I always wanted. Even the silly KO's that Superstore (Supervalue at the time which was where I got a lot of stuff back then) & dollar stores had were yellow, so this was important to me. Along with that, I believe my G1.5 Scorch also belonged to one of them for a short time before they'd outgrown it, and thankfully he came with his "Turbomaster" weapon that I managed to never lose or have stolen. That's what I was told anyway, hah.

Also on the flip side, what about toys that we've given to others that we still have some sort of connection to, be it kids, siblings, friends, etc?

2. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

I started my Transformers collection with my Cousin's G1 PM Prime (the cab only, and broken between the legs) and also his Chromedome (missing the head, and a bit banged up.

To this day I still blame him for the amount of money I've spent on plastic crack. :lolol 

3. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    ... which given your devotion to Shapeways is especially relevant. You know, given the whole crack reference & all.

4. Kiddcade

Kiddcade Signal Lancer

My brother gave me an Energon hotshot who needs a new arm (I nlost it in playing with him) and my dad once gave me a buncha Energon figures for Christmas. to this day Divebomb serves as a flight-mode pack for any TF that needs to fly.

Said brother gave me a Legends Brawn I've since misplaced ;-;

5. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    My older sister got into the collecting hobby when she bought an animated voyager bulkhead for me. She still has it, I have never touched it.

Then I gave her classics Mirage and Jetfire, animated bumblebee and movie 1 premium bumblebee as gifts. And she got Generations Drift and animated Blurr for herself. And some G1 toys.

6. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Seems like a nice exchange, and I foresee quite a few of my toys (maybe even some transformers) going to a certain cousin of mine sooner than later. After that, who knows, but I'd honestly rather give them to him than anyone else.

Also to Kiddcade, did you ever manage to find that Beast Machines Primal you were looking for?

7. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    MY most recent example was giving my nephew my KO Devi just the other day when I got my Encore Devi in.

I must say, cuz it had been ages since touchign the KO. I thought it was as crap as the dollar store stuff but it is a pretty solid piece.

8. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have given my niece Cyberverse Ironhide, ROTF Legends Sideswipe and the Deluxe Classics Optimus Prime, the one with the spinning action. Oh, and a Legends Bumblebee and that puzzle that came with the Robot Heroes Optimus Prime, but I'd bought those to give her in the first place.

9. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Back in '96 or '97 my younger brother gave me all of his Transformers. He was more of a GI Joe guy anyways. I traded my old Star Wars vehicles to him though. Pretty much picked up all of the Decepticon Combiners (minus Predaking; already had that one) and a bunch of other miscellaneous G1 figs. Not a bad haul at the time. I'm glad when he was younger that I made sure he kept all of the parts in plastic baggies.

10. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

When I was a kid,a friend of mine didn't want his G1 Soundwave anymore so I bought it from him for $10.He threw in the five cassettes(Ravage,Rumble,Frenzy,Laserbeak,Buzzsaw),and everything was 100% complete.Still have them today.

11. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    While I dont rememebr a specific Transformer, I know for a fact that my cousin is responsible for me having over 300 Transformers floating around my room

12. Magnus12

Magnus12 Well-Known Member

my uncle gave me his animated grimlock, as he just got it as a joke for a housewarming gift from one of his friends lol! he was the only one who had tfs, but his mom donated his g1 figures including jetfire, sunstreaker, and astrotrain.