Keep the Faceplate on ALL the time !!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Borelli, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Borelli

Borelli Well-Known Member

2. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

My vote is in!

3. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Isn't it a little late for this poll? I'm sure alot of Prime's facial CGI is already done and final.

4. Borelli

Apparently Not ....

quote from AICN: Aint it Cool News

"The scene played out fun. I'm not a big fan of the Optimus mouth animation, I feel it distracts from the eyes - but this is actually a discussion that production is currently having. My vote is - a robot doesn't need lips - it has speakers. However, the animation on Bumblebee, especially a very nice "shh" moment works. And the kill the Taco Bell dog moment is geekily kinda awesome."

5. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:

Wrong robots have speakers huminoids" have mouths....note: human" thats was the whole point of them being like humans in the first place..and alien at the same time

6. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

Without the faceplate Prime looks like a sad cow. I'm serious, his nose and everything I just think droopy cow.

I think they could change it easy, it's CGI so it should be pretty basic for those guys working 24/7 on it. It's certainly not final like cartoon animation

7. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Were you the one guy who voted to give him a mouth, just to stir up some shit? :lol 

8. Borelli

QFT ...

Although to be fair I would be interested in seeing the mouth option, Though Prime IS the Faceplate ... No incarnation (I know of) of "Prime" is Faceplateless ....

Primal is a compleatly different character and doesnt count :) 

And if it is Something there still debating then lets get out (Fan) voices out there now !

9. sondura

sondura duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh...

what about energon and cybertron?

anyway I hope they make a habit of giving him a mouth

10. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

As long as they don't do something stupid, like giving his a nose plate, when the mouth plate is retracted, I don't really have a problem with it. *gives Cyb Prime the stink eye*

11. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

RID Optimus Prime - Supermode
    RID Omega Prime
    Cybertron Optimus Prime
    Optimus Primal - BW season 1; In the Japanese version he's the same as G1 Optimus

Honestly the fandom should be used to seeing Prime with a mouth by now

12. 35InchMudders

35InchMudders Well-Known Member

Yeah keep telling yourself that

13. 5m3rk

5m3rk Member

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by DaraRex2.0
    I think they could change it easy, it's CGI so it should be pretty basic for those guys working 24/7 on it. It's certainly not final like cartoon animation
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah ... that is not the case - to quote an interview that Bay gave "The process of image rendering takes ~35 hours per image!" ... and if that is a still frame and there are 24 frames per second that is a total of 840 hours to fix one second of film....

don't mean to flame ...

14. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Actually something like Prime's face *CAN* still be changed. The CG and voices obviously aren't done yet and I'm sure they can alter enough things in the four months they have left.

15. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

I voted (for what it's worth). Keep the face plate on. As someone else said, that's his face, not a battle mask (well at least as far as the animated G1 goes). Besides, the production team will save time and money by not having to complete all the lip sinc animation!

16. The Crazy Collector

The Crazy Collector Well, that's just Prime! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Don't forget Machine Wars Prime! And Energon Prime originally had a mouth in the faceplate.

Throwing further fuel in the fire, the boxart on the back of THS-02B (eHOBBY black Prime) shows Prime in a fight with Galvatron where half of Prime's faceplate gets ripped off. It is clearly shown that Prime has a mouth behind the faceplate. :ev: 

17. turk128

turk128 Well-Known Member

I say have both: the face plate can part in the middle like a Spartan helm, and you can see his mouth/nose partially. Still keeps the mystique and gives Prime more tools to emote.

18. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

I think it would be too because it would be interesting to see and I'm curious. Also, it kinda weird but that design of Prime's face makes him kind of animal cute.... :confused2 

I know the process isn't an easy one, and a tedious one at that, but I was thinking along the lines of a lot of people working on the scenes all at once with a lot of caffeen involved. But I don't make movies and so I don't know. The fans on the net just seem to have fun putting all this stuff together and sharing it :) 

19. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, Prime has a faceplate with a mouth underneath. The faceplate should be there, but if his faceplate was to shatter in battle, his mouth would show.

I HAVE PROOF! Picture of Prime getting his ass kicked by Galvy on the back of THS-02B box. Note the half-shattered faceplate with mouth underneath.

[​IMG]

So, keep it on, unless it is shattered in battle.

20. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Nice find onesock.