Keep Animated Alive - Petition to Hasbro

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by HailStorm, Feb 26, 2009.

1. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Have you ever done any research into it? Have you ever seen one work?

Read this: http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.asp

Again, and I can't agree enough - if you want ANY chance at making a difference, WRITE HASBRO. Do not depend on a petition.

Everybody seems to think I'm trying to shit on a dream here - I'm not, I want animated to continue as much as anybody else. I'm trying to get people to see that this is a fruitless endeavor, and there are better ways to get things accomplished.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  2. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    MegaMoonMan is 150% correct.

Online petitions do not work. Why? Because of all the reasons he's stated prior. THE LEGAL REASON IS BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY TO VALIDATE SIGNATURES. I refuse to take part in something as childish and pointless as an online petition.

WRITE HASBRO.

IF YOU THINK SIGNING AN ONLINE PETITION IS DOING SOMETHING, YOU NEED EDUCATION. KTHX.

3. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    OMG signed!

4. StarscreamKills

StarscreamKills TF Shrink

Ebay:
    Signed...I want to say I was a failure at trying something than a success @ passively accepting others decisions for things in my life.

However, I will also write Hasbro directly and take into account the astute advice of my more knowledgeable colleague from above.

5. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    HailStorm, what exactly is your plan for getting this petition into the hands of Hasbro and CN execs? Printing out all entries and giving it to them at Botcon in a nice huge pile? Printing it out and sending it to them? Emailing it to them?

NO petition works, with verifiable signatures or not, physical or online, if there is no plan to do anything beyond creating it.

I do occassionally sign petitions and participate email campaigns, mainly with the Organic Consumers Association and affiliated websites, but only because they have longstanding procedures in place for verification and forwarding of the grievance to people who can do something about it.

--Moony

6. Code

Code Banned

Ebay:
    guys, petitions never work, unless you are signing it to get it passed as a proposition....

7. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    No one can sit there and say that Kickback doesn't like Animated. I've loved this series more than just about any series since G1, but I also know that it's a futile, pointless, and absolutely a waste of my time to sign an online petition.

No one is going to read it.
    No one is going to look at it.
    No one is going to go "oh, wow, they got xxx signatures."
    No one cares about online petitions.

You think you're doing something by signing a petition. But all you're doing is wasting your time and giving yourself a false sense of accomplishment. The only thing you achieve from signing an online petition is doing nothing at all.

So if you really feel that this is doing something, then congratulations - you're part of the reason Animated is going to die :) 

8. FatMick Prime

FatMick Prime Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!

News Credits:
    Signed.

9. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    My fucking brain just broke.

I wrote to hasbro about a week ago. I'll do it again.

I'm going to TRY, unlike all these people just posting "signed".

When you sign an online petition, all it shows is that you care enough to click something. WOOOOOOOO. IMPRESSIVE.
    Write a letter, and that shows dedication, appreciation, and some goddamn respect.

Showing hasbro an online petition will show them one thing, and one thing only:
    "x amount of people cared enough to push a button"

Like kickback said, if you sign this petition, you are helping to make sure animated dies and stays dead. Write a letter or something TANGIBLE and actually help. damn.

Because they're taking the time to try and tell you to stop being lazy, stop pretending to help, and actually do something that could have an impact.

READ. THE. TOPIC. Online petitions had no role at all in those things coming back.

They can FEEL they tried, but they won't actually have done anything. or they could do something that COULD work. it's like if your car is headed towards a busy intersection. would you rather yell at your car to stop, or push the brake pedal?

the people signing the petition are yelling at the car.

10. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    I plan on writing to Hasbro the old fashioned way (by letter). Anyone know the address? If so, PM me (I don't think posting it in this thread's a good idea).

OFF-TOPIC: I'm over Devastator now. *Points to witty title under name*

11. burtbacharacnia

burtbacharacnia Banned

Signed.

I practically scrawled my signature with a sharpie on my screen. Will they except this?

12. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    For all the good it will do... signed... in blood... theirs...

Cancellation is fine, for now. Bring it back though. That's all I ask. Another season, direct to DVD movie, or start including Animated characters when they resurect Universe.

So long as they do something to give us the toys lost in our dreams.

I want Dai Atlas. #weeps#

13. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :lol  People still signing.

14. Lucario Prime

Lucario Prime is a Lucario Prime is...

News Credits:
    Maybe we can make them pull a Jericho.

15. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Old skool. In a lot of ways.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This thread is so hilarious. I'm seriously considering bookmarking and re-reading it whenever I've had a bad day.

16. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    They mailed peanuts.

not an online petition.

17. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Though I agree that a petition won't actually have a consequential effect, it is worth noting that Family Guy and Futurama (the 4 movies) were indeed brought back after being canceled and dismissed by the corporate executives through the sole factor of overwhelming fan support (in their cases, through the 'through the roof'/unexpected massive sales of DVDs after the shows were already cancelled). Totally different from an online petition, but still cases of fan feedback (or $, :D ) bringing shows otherwise dead back.

And ouch, isn't that a little harsh/over the top? Why fret so much over it? It's not like they're doing any harm (especially if they also write hasbro).

18. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    They were brought back due to high ratings on cartoon network, not online petitions.

They are doing harm if they sign a petition and DON'T write to hasbro. because they're essentially doing nothing. they're only pretending to help.

think of it like this.

if I say I wrote a letter to hasbro, but I didnt, am I helping? or is my lack of action hurting?

19. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

I never said they were brought back by petitions. Where did you see me say that? And it was the DVD sales of the seasons that really did it from what I've read (saw all the money they could earn bringing it back).

And that's still not hurting the situation, it's just not doing anything effectual (aka not doing anything). That hardly makes the situation worse. It's just people shouldn't think they might affect change.

20. Commtech

Commtech Voice Over Bot

News Credits:
    Signed!