KB Toys closing???

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Ruination04, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    KB announce any more store closings lately? My local store is having a liquidation sale. Everythig is at least 30% off. Nothing says "going out of business" but all of the wrestling figures are gone, only a few Micromasters (or whatever they're called) are left. Just got me curious.

2. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    You Should got Their and getr The Micromasters and aswell as The Universe Downshift and Snowcat

I can't for this Spring

3. AMG

AMG Old School

The KB in my area closed a few years ago, I do miss it.

4. maximus prime3

maximus prime3 Banned

i got their reissue sideswipe so i don't care for kb toys anymore

5. defstar

defstar Autobot...

The one at our mall closed about a year ago...now all we have is a cheesie gimmick toy store that sells crappy wooden toys and such...I never see anybody in there...makes me wonder how they stay in business...

6. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

I have two KBs near me, one is closing. I wouldn't mind them closing completely, their selection is really lacking.

7. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

kb

Alot of them did close, but stores like KB do throw those , Liquidation sales now and again to make it seem as if they are to draw in business.

That was what was so earth shattering when the one where I lived at the time that I had went to for years did their final sale, I did not believe it until I went in one day and walked to the back and all the shelves were empty and they had moved all toys to the front "display" are of the store, sad days indeed.

I should have bought more of the insanely priced items looking back.

8. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Yea the kb toys in my mall always has big sales but they never have any transformers that i actually like =/

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

Two KBs closed around me. the rest just plain suck. They never have any selection of Transformers, or anything really for that matter.

Coupled with always being overpriced...I could care less if they went out of business. No more ridiculously hard exclusives to track down.

10. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

There hasn't been a KBtoys that I've seen in Oregon for years. They never had anything I wanted anyway.

11. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The KB in Burington NC's mall is closing. The signs say 30% off, but they told me it would be closed by the end of march.

12. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I was at two KB's yesterday and neither had Transformers... hmm

13. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    All the KBs I been to just plain suck. Either they have nothing or everything is overpriced or the aisles look like the day after christmas day (like a hurricane went thru it). A lot of them closed down or are in limbo where they either constantly having "Blow out sales" or nothing for sale. Frankly, don't miss them at all. I rather have my local TRU open again then have a KB.

14. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

I remember going to KB in the mall as a kid over 20 years ago, and it always had a different vibe than other toy stores. That one is still there, and they usually do surprisingly well, considering the lackluster selection and high prices. However, there is a second KB in a mall near the office, and they are usually pretty dead.

15. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I see a very near and dark future where our only choices for getting mass release Transformers at retail price or below is Wal Mart and Target. I expect Toys R Us, KayBee and K-Mart to close completely within 24 months.

16. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I only go to KB for the toys I can't find in WM, TRU, or Target. I was able to get a Face Off War Machine vs Mandarin and Wolverine vs Sabertooth there. The higher price there don't bother me if I can find the hard to find items but otherwise I stay away. The selection and the price tag but blow chunks there.

17. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    "Maybe not KB." My name for the store. Last thing I purchased at KB was Universe Micromaster Superion and that was well before Christmas 06. If they ever have TFs in the local mall, it's usually months after WM, Target and TRU. Even then the prices are higher. Were it not for the KB exclusives, I most likely wouldn't go there at all. If the one in the mall closed, I wouldn't even feel it.

18. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Damn, fisrt Thornberry's now KB. Wonder who's next to come & go.

KB here has'nt really slowed down with the sales, but they're putting more & more stuff on clearance. It's always been a good 'last option' store. Found a few rarities there like the Grimmy & swoop 2 pack and energon quickstrike

19. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone would shed a tear if KB went away entirely. Their lack of selection and atrocious pricing across the board makes me wonder how they lasted this long.

20. racnruin

racnruin Decepticon

Not that I've been told and I work at one At the Danbury Fair Mall.Danbury,CT

The KB Toy Store chain of stores KB Toys,KB Toyworks an KB Toys Outlet stores have Monthly promotions by varied by chain,by what product the area and chain
    get.:rolleyes2