KB Toys - Closing All Stores?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Kickback, Dec 9, 2008.

1. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    i spoke to two girls the one at northgate is closing in feb or when the shelves are empty

2. Crown_Athlete

Crown_Athlete Well-Known Member

The mall used to be a place you could hang out all day. Maybe I'm showing my age but I remember when you could eat McDonalds, play with a puppy, spend 5 bucks at the arcade, read a comic and buy an overpriced lego set and right outside was Toys R Us, where you could hand the inside-shed place that paper for a game cartridge.

*sigh* Kids nowadays and their cell phones and Myspace. They don't appreciate the mall.

3. ZeonikFreak

ZeonikFreak Genom's Finest...

They filed for bankruptcy like 7 years ago, so i take it they have been struggling for a while.

KB hasnt been the same to me in a long time. The last think i remember buying from them (other than a MGS2 figures and Transformer toys) was when i got my PSX before every store got rid of them to make way for the PS1. I was pissed that i spent like 120 at the time for one, since all i did was save my money like crazy.

Yea, malls arnt the same anymore. You wont find much FYE/Sunocoast/Arcades/Gamestores. I lost hope in fun in malls when Crabtree Vally Mall (In Raleigh NC) got rid of the arcade, which ment my closest way to play Initial D and Wangan Midnight too. Then to replace those places were more clothing stores, and "jewelry and manicure" places, BLEH!!!

Arcades arnt the same anymore. It gets gamers out of the house to really socialize with other gamers, to really see their skills to the test and have a rep in that area. Thats something you dont fell on xbox live, you cant have that connection in your house.

Plus, it gets gamers out of the house, meet girls, fun things like that...