Kamen Rider Dragon Knight

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Paladin, Dec 6, 2008.

1. cgibsonREX

cgibsonREX Knight of Cybertron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Oh snap! I didnt realize you were in Britain LOL!

You can try Veoh, thats where I went before I found that site or Bittorrent.

2. cgibsonREX

cgibsonREX Knight of Cybertron

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
  3. brollicon

brollicon Well-Known Member

i like this show it as a more mature theme to it then power rangers. every ep you have a cliff hanger keeping you interested in watching the next one. i found out there are 40 eps and one movie coming out.

4. Optimus17

Optimus17 Well-Known Member

This show really surprised me. I am a big fan of the Japanese show Kamen Rider. When I was little I used to like Masked Rider, which was an american, power rangers like, show that was based on Kamen Rider Black RX. Unfortunately when I got older and realized how dumb the show was and how inaccurate it was to it's superior source material I stopped liking it. Then when I heard that they were making an American version of Kamen Rider Ryuki (the show which Dragon Knight is loosely based on) I was really annoyed and figured they were gonna just screw it up like they did with Masked Rider. Then my brother read an article about the creator and his thoughts into making the show. I respected that he was a fan of Kamen Rider and made it very clear that this was not supposed to be Ryuki but a new American show using the Ryuki suits and things. I appreciate that they got the original Japanese suit actors to film all the new Kamen Rider fight scenes. So I decided to give it a shot. I found myself enjoying the show and having a good time. My brother and I could have fun pointing out all the characters we remembered from Ryuki then laughing at how different they were from their Japanese counterparts. Over all it's a fun show and I hope that creative team gets to have complete reign and CW doesn't step in to try and screw it up by turning it into another Power Rangers show.

5. The621

The621 Fuck you, that's why!

News Credits:
    Just a couple more hours till new episode airs!

6. bruticus_prime

bruticus_prime awesomeness in a bottle

new toys r comin just you wait

7. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Anyone still watching this?

If you haven't, here's what you've missed since episodes went on a vacation and restarted in August.

- Kamen Rider Sting was vented and Kitt blamed himself, as he had a chance to vent Kamen Rider Axe but couldn't do it, and the two brothers teamed up and assisted in venting Chris (Sting).
    - JTC finally revealed himself as Kamen Rider Strike to Mia and Kitt, who then had a nice battle between Dragon Knight, Strike, Axe, and Spear. In the end, Kitt vents Spear, pissing off Axe (they were brothers).
    - Last episode that aired (22) showed a female that's dressed just like Kamen Rider Wing Knight who transforms in to Kamen Rider Syren, and she starts attacking monsters.

Watch it! WATCH IT.

8. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm still watching! I just miss weeks at a time then marathon 3-4 episodes at once. :lol 

9. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I somehow lost sigth of this show,-mostly because not aireed in Canada,that I know of-

Considering the unusual ammount of airtime the suit got in Kamen rider DECADE, I always thougth ryuki(and by extension Dragon knigth) must have been good. so what you say guys do I watch the entire run so far of KRDK in one go?-I have a very very bad chest injury so I aint going anywhere:( -

also I want a kamen rider card holder/ card gaunlet, I always enjoyed that final vent sound for some reason

10. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    I'm still watching, I just thought nobody else cared. I agree with Kickback that the last couple of episodes have been a HUGE improvement over the beginning of the series. Amazingly, they've been shooting a lot of their own fight footage too, which has allowed them to deviate from Ryuki's story quite a bit.

I have to be honest though, some of the dialogue is BAD. Not even cheesy bad like early MMPR, just plain bad.

In general, KRDK has gotten a better start over MMPR in certain ways (ambitious storyline, some nice camerawork and editing), and worse in other ways (dialogue, humor, a general sense of "fun"), but I'm willing to stick with it. I'd definitely recommend watching a couple of the latest episodes and deciding for yourself.

(Oh, Vangelus, I dunno if you check your Visitor Messages, but I hope you and the HJU Radio crew get back to RPM and KRDK in the near future. I'm especially curious to hear Igadevil talk about it...)

11. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

I remember seeing the unaired pilot and thinking it was a decent show, and I stumbled on 21 last nigth, and I found it entretaining but I figured I d ask my peeps at tfw first.

12. Aberration

News Credits:
    Episode 21 was IMO the best of the series so far. The next episode is -slightly- less awesome, but I like it because they didn't shy away from showing the fallout of Kit's actions.

13. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dragon Knight has been doing copious original combat footage since like, episode 3. :D  It's one of the bigger draws of the show for me- that and a few other little things have prevented me from being able to predict what's going to happen based on my knowledge/fanboyness of Ryuki.

14. Aberration

News Credits:
    This show has been (mostly) on a roll ever since Kit vented Spear. The acting and dialogue are still what they are, but the plot has managed to surprise me a few times. The introduction of Kamen Rider Onyx may look familiar if you're a Marvel fan, but I'm interested in where it'll go. (By the way, Dragon Knight has managed to squeeze all 13 Riders into 25 episodes, something Ryuki didn't do in twice the time.)

This Saturday's episode was a little disappointing though.
    The opening dream sequence was pretty kickass, but Axe got the most unspectacular "death" of all of the Riders so far.

And how good is William O'Leary as Xaviax? He's easily the most entertaining actor in the series, and I'm just happy whenever he's on screen. It's because of him that I'm rooting for Xaviax in a way. I don't want him to win, but I do hope that he survives into the next series.

Oh, and SPOILER WARNING, KamenConnection.com claims to have the episode titles for the entire series HERE. If it's correct, we have some interesting stuff ahead :) 

15. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    For a few weeks, KRKD was more enjoyable than PR:RPM. That changed Saturday. Now KRDK is subpar once again to RPM!

16. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It was fun seeing the Episode Final footage being used parallel to how it was in Japan- alternate realities!...via dream sequences, etc.

Looking forward to seeing if Dragon Knight decides to let Odin/Wrath have his terrifying godmode powers, or goes for something more unique.

17. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

OK, I'm looking forward to seeing this, but when I saw the thread topic, my brain automatically picked out the words "Knight" and "Rider". I had to do a double-take there... Now I see there's a character in it called Kit? :drunk