kaiyodo revoltech reviews?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by KA, Jun 25, 2006.

1. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    hey,

so i saw this locally and thinking of picking it up. i thought theyd be more expensive.

doesnt look/weigh like it has die cast (unlike the gokin/sic? series) but from pics look damn poseable despite the joints looking pretty clean so i'm damn curious.

i'm eyeing shin getter robo.

any info would be appreciated.

KA

2. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I personally haven't seen any Revoltech, but Kaiyodo stuff has always been good, and their figures have always been excellently articulated for the time.

The Evangelion EVA's back in 2000 were awesome. I'm probably gonna pick up a Devil May Cry Dante soon.

3. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the general consensus is that while they're good figures, they're a little pricey, with most shops charging around $25 for a figure that barely even meets the 5" mark.

4. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

My brother has Dougram and Dante. Really nice figures, made out of a good material, and highly posable. Despite being on the small side, they do kick the crap out of ML figures.

5. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    They're neat little figures. Shin Getter is dead cool, he comes with a base and his huge Getter Tomahawk axe, as well as a Getter Beam accessory and two alternate pairs of hands. Really good on the poseability and decent stability, he can hold lots of nice poses and looks really good on his base:

[​IMG]

(I love that pic!)

Dougram is another cool one, he's solid. Two nice guns, a very nicely done cockpit, though with mine I couldn't figure out where one of his parts plugged in.
    That's the problem with these guys, they unfortunately don't give much away in how the different parts attach.

I've got a small shoot of the Dougram and Getter in my photobucket, check them out if you desire.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Sol_Fury/Revoltech/

In my opinion, they're worth it. Though I wouldn't pay out an extortionate amount for them unless you really want them.

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    just picked him up.

[​IMG]

he's... okay. i'd prolly be a bit excited if i'm actually familiar with the character but i was for the most part dead curious on the mechanism.

supposedly this series uses this new 'revolver' type joint (hence the name, revoltech... kinda like binaltech eh?). the latest one at the shop is up until 005, an eva.

eva's apprently taller despite the same size packaging.

size comparison; proof number 1,968,072 why prime is a dick:

[​IMG]

7. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I have a Revoltech Eva on the way now, so I'll let you know how it is soon.

I have the original kaiyodo purple Eva, and I love it to death. This new Eva looks like it isn't painted as nice as the old versions, but then the old versions were very limited in pose possibilities. Having both will do quite nicely.

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    yeah, the paint app isnt that hot for a 'collector' type figure.

theres some slight bleeding but for most part passable.

9. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Well, I've had about 15 minutes play time with my new Revoltech Eva.

In a nutshell: The Revoltech Evas are colored cartoon-accurate (a little plain) and can pull off any pose. The old Kaiyodo Evas are detailed out the ass metalic and fancy but are perpetually stuck in a ferrel kind of hunch.

I really like the Revoltech Eva. It's significantly smaller than the older Kaiyodo Eva. It feels like it is made out of the same material a super-bounce ball is made of, only a little harder. The plastic is springy, smooth, and shiny. Paint apps are sparce but effective. Sculpting is perfect. It comes with two guns and a shield. The main gun and the shield are painted up quite impressively. It also comes with 20,000 interchangable molded hands.

Speaking of the hands, the wrist articulation is insane. I don't think I've ever seen it taken to this level.

Any way: Photos. I did not have my professional camera or any of my lights, so the pics suck a little, but you get the idea between old and new.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Hell yeah man1, Wooooooo