Kaiyado's Revoltech: Getter One and Dougram!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Sol Fury, May 27, 2006.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Got these two today. Great little figures (they're about in scale with Bandai's MSIA Gundams) with plenty of extra parts and extremely nice poseability, as well as a look that matches how they appear in their respective shows.

Getter One (from the 2005 remake of Getter Robo, Shin! Getter Robo)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There's a good reason why he is number 001 - he rocks! The design is extremely faithful to his on screen incarnation, and the poseability is nothing short of excellent. Parts like his Getter Beam (third picture) clip on very ingeniously, so that there is no obvious peg - it slides into a slot at the top of the lower torso that is all but invisible. The same goes for his wings, incidentally - they slid on over the smaller wings and pop into place on near-invisible notches. He even comes with a little base to pose him in flight or in jumping poses.

If I had to pick any fault with this one, it'd be the hips. Perhaps because of the way Go Nagai designed his robots, they're very restrictive and hard to position exactly how you want. The wings also have issues with attaching - they go on very solidly, but a little force is required to put them on or take them off. The base is a little awkward as well, since it attaches at the base of the foot, so the whole figure needs to be suspended by that one joint alone. He's great right now, but I worry if the joints ever became loose that the stand would become useless.

Overall though, Getter One is a fine start to the line, and a very nice piece for fans of Super Robots in general. He comes with a set of larger wings, a base, his signature Getter Tomahawk which is as big as he is, his signature Getter Beam, and two extra sets of hands - one set open, to hold his axe, the other flat, which you can see in my "flying" picture.

Dougram (from Fang of the Sun, Dougram; an early Sunrise show)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dougram is a nice little robot. He's more of a "real robot", that is, a mass produced military machine like a Gundam or the Scope Dog. From what I have seen of the anime, he's a nice, faithful representation of his on screen counterpart.
    Compared to Getter One, I feel this one has a few more points of articulation. The hips are slightly less obstructed, though the pouches at either side sometimes find themselves in the way of the legs. I feel he could have also benefitted from elbow swivels - these are sadly absent. Despite that, he's all you could hope for in terms of poseability, and with or without his accessories attached he can strike some nice poses.
    Speaking of accessories, I have to give props to the huge cannon. It attaches to the backpack on a revolver joint of its own, which allows it to swing about quite freely. Even better is the way that the open left hand is designed so that it can grab and hold the thing perfectly. The smaller armcannon is another nice touch. One slightly baffling accessory is a small, red missile battery. The box illustration shows it attaching to the shoulder, next to the cockpit. But, look as I might, I cannot find anywhere for it to attach to! Confusing, to say the least.
    Another neat feature of Dougram is the cockpit. The "glass" piece on the front flips forward, revealing a detailed interior, doubtless modelled after the actual cockpit from the anime. Very nice.
    A slightly less neat feature, on my Dougram at least, is the paint. For some reason it seems a little sloppy in a couple of places. Getter One seems to be immune to this problem. It's not a big deal by any means, since it is only a couple of drops.

Dougram comes with a backpack, a blaster for his wrist, his huge cannon, and three alternate hands - left and right open, and left palm open, as though Dougram were sitting and resting steadying himself with his left hand. One thing to note about the hands, unlike Getter One, whose hands slide on and off very smoothly, Dougram's need a little more effort to swap. I am slightly worried about breaking the pegs when I swap the hands, as well as being a little confused as to why Getter One's superior method of hand swapping wasn't used here too.
    Still, Dougram is a solid release. While not up to the impressive standard set by Getter One, he's a nice little robot and a worthy addition to any collection of mecha.

You can find a few more pics here:
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Sol_Fury/Revoltech/?sc=1&multi=19&addtype=local&media=image

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those are cool!

3. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

That Dougram is made of pure awesome.

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I almost bought these if not for their size...abit too small for my liking...anyway, thanks for the pictures, the toys look awesome!

5. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Getter Robo always brings back some good memories, though I haven't seen Shin Getter. The figure looks really nice. Nice job on the classical black pants :D 

Dougram looks just amazing.

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Those look too cool, and really loving this pic.
    Kickass pose

Just could'nt help it hehe
    [​IMG]

7. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Hehe, cool stuff CM! Love the photoshop you did, absolutely badass!

8. Chaos Muffin

Just bougt these same 2 guys. Figured this was the perfect thread for the bump

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (noticed my Getter1 pose looks familiar lol)

More pics of each with packaging
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v148/loebig/Japan/

That little Dougram does remind me alot of the Scopedog.
    Still need the Eva figs, Getter 2 , King Gainer and maybe that Dante

Hey SF, do you know any new info about these upcoming Revoltech Transformers?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/loebig/Chaos%20Muffin/revoltechtfs.jpg

It's been a few months since hearing anything

9. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Awesome pics CM! I am so tempted by that Getter. Getter 2 looks sweet, too.

And Dougram and Scopedog (and lots of others) are designed by the same person. Incidentally, their cartoons were directed by the same person, too, I think.

That Kaiyodo Op and Megs look great, too. Especially Prime, he's much bulkier than I thought.

10. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Those aren't Revoltech TFs. They're part of a never-materialised line of Kaiyado TFs that sadly never happened. Although a genuine Revoltech Convoy is rumoured to be on the horizon, so who knows?
    I absoutely must photograph the rest of my Revoltechs sometime. Got EVA 01 and 00 a while ago, 02 and King Gainer should turn up soon as well.
    I really love this line, they're nice and affordable, and they're getting some very cool characters. Keeping my fingers crossed for a Mazinger or Gaiking.

11. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

How much do figures like these run you on average? I really want a Dougram. :D 

12. Sol Fury

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I've been getting them from HLJ two at a time, with SAL its 4000 yen, which is working out at a little more than £10 a figure. They're good value IMO.

13. Chaos Muffin

Ah, thanks for the info SF , and damn those would've been nice. May get an extra revoltech fig and do a little joint swapping with mega pvc G1 Megatron.

Sydney , I had no idea they were made by the same maker. Im a big fan now thanks too all your pics.
    There's something about figs with pilots that I love and Scopedog has some of the best interactions with his.

For some reason Getter 2 does'nt seem as popular as 1 , but the wallet's not complaining.

MM, you can get plenty off ebay for around 25-30 shipped. These are a little harder to get for us so it's a little pricier unless you can find em locally. Comic shops rarely get them here and they sell em for 20$ . Gas money's crazy these days so it seems like a fair deal. IMO

Just type in 'revoltech' in the ol search bar and check out the selections

14. Master Megatron

Master Megatron Action Bastard

Hmm..might have to spend some of my sale money on some. :D 

15. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    ive only got shin getter. dougram and the evas look cool but i'm not into them. the nlack eva looks sweet tho.

the one with the chick looks incredible tho. i couldnt imagine they could make it work with humans.

any confirmation on revoltech TFs. yes ive seen the mag scans before but ive yet to read an actual confirmation.

16. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

was very tempted to get these at SDCC booth. Was too broke though.