2D Artwork: Kaijuguy's Art thread.

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by kaijuguy19, Dec 20, 2011.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I've been doing cartoon and regular art for years because I love to create and copy my many intrest! So I'm going to show you guys what I've been drawing up in the past and in the future ones to come!

Here are so far my ideas of how Grimlock and Shockwave may appear in TFP! Their backstory is very similer to Fall of Cybertron seeing how they seem to have aspects of each other!:) 

I pictured Grimlock to have a kaiju like robot mode and a regular Cybertronain vehicle which may be altered to be an earth vehicle should he come to Earth with his team. I did him with the rest of the Dinobots but I'll show it later but soon!

Shockwave has more black gonig around him but he still has his iconic purple scheme going on just like how Arcee is primarly blue but with traces of pink around her face and such. His alt mode on earth is an Lockheed F 117 Nighthawk.

I hope you guys enjoy them!:thumb 

Attached Files:

2. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Is that a little face on Shockwave's tummy?

3. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Acutally yes! It's design to have that look just to give him more creepy look like with Prime Starscreams chest looking like his Movie versions face.:) 

So what do you think so far?

4. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    I like the choice of colors.

5. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Thanks!:D 

6. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Here's two more pictures featuring Grimlock and the Dynobots.

[​IMG]

This is a simple picture of Arcee teaming up with Grimlock to fight a hord of Vehicon troopers. They make a pretty darn good team don't you think?:) 

[​IMG]

And here's all of the Dynobot team together! Like Grimlock I gave the rest of the team the kaiju-esqu treatment on thier robot modes. Can you tell which ones which by seeing which one represents a certain Dinosaur?

Here's the team's bio!

One of the Autobots most powerful commando teams the Dynobots are famous for the most successful missons given to them by Optimus Prime and as a result helped the Autobot cause to almost limitless extent. Grimlock was reluctant as first to join the Autobots but seeing how they saved Swoop his oldest friend's life he recruited into the faction and made his own team to take on the Decepticons to rid of there threat forever.

However Grimlock and Prime don't see things eye to eye with many things while Optimus favors compassion,reason before battle and understanding,Grimlock prefers strengh over the weak,recklessness,and violent conclusions. As a result of this this has caused arguements between them and when Prime made the decision to leave Cybertron Grimlock Strongly objected saying to leave thier home would only be one step closer to the Decepticons victory. Optimus made the final decision saying it's not worth saving thier planet if they die off without proper resources. Disgusted Grimlock banded his Team together and went off to find the heart of thier operations and destroy Megatron forever.

What they didn't relize however they walked into an ambush set up by Shockwave and were almost offlined by the energon bomb the Decepticon scientist has crafted. Shockwave took them into his lab to perform experements on them to benefit the Decpticon cause, He planned to use the blue prints of the monster Trypticon combined with knowledge of the Dinosaurs during his research on Earth during it's prehistoric years. He hoped to create Super monsters for himself to take down Megatron himself. The process Tourted the Dynobots and eventully Grimlock escaped due to Starscream's taunts and rescued his team mates with taking out as much vehicon troops and insecticons as possible. They were then found by Jazz,Cliffjumper and Minerva who were sent to investigate the Dynobots dissaperences.

They returned back to meet Prime who demanded the explanation for the Team's insurbordiantes when suddenly Shockwave attacked the Autobots in blind rage over his experments escapes. During the battle Optimus in his anger over Shockwaves crime accedently let the Decepticon shoot one of Grimlock's closest friends.Shockwave escaped but this was the last straw for Grimlock he vowed once and for all he'll remain on Cybertron with his team to destroy Shcokwave and any Decepticon who got in his way. Optimus in his remorse over his actions respected his wishes and left Cybertron with his own team.Though not without giving them whatever precious energon resources they have left for Grimlock and his team. The Dnobots still fight the Decepticons back on Cybertron to this very day.

Grimlock:
    Function: Leader
    Bio: A cantankerous,powerful violent warrior who has a personal score to settle with Shockwave.
    Alt mode: Cybertronian Tank

Swoop:
    Function:Second in Command
    Bio: A silent spiritul and compassionate warrior who is Grimlock's closeset and oldest friend.
    Alt mode: Cybertronian fighter jet.

Sludge:
    Function:Warrior
    Bio: A dim witted but brave soldier who trusts and learns from Grimlock with his very life.
    Alt mode: Cybertronian carrier vehicle

Snarl:
    Function: Medic
    Bio: A good natured talented doctor who is skilled in all kinds of medicene
    Alt mode: Cybertronian emergency vehicle

Slug:
    Function Demolition expert
    Bio: A loud mouthed bully who clashes with Grimlock constantly.
    Alt mode Cybertronian truck

I took a bit of inspiration from the upcoming Fall of Cybertron game especially the origins and all. If your wondering what they looked like before they became like what I drew think of thier War Within incarnations but in the TFP asthetic. I'm thinking of doing a more deeper look into thier bios soon but this is the best for now.

7. soymonk

soymonk Mathematical!

News Credits:
    Not really sure how I feel about Sludge having a long neck in robot mode, though it certainly is unique-looking. I feel like his dinosaur mode head and neck would have more likely been stored away as kibble/weapons/accessories in his robot mode.

8. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    ^ You've got a good point about Sludge's neck. However I always imagended his neck to eb exbendible so it can be short for normal uses and be extendid to higher heigths for either combat or sightseeing. What do you think about the others?

9. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Here's the picture for my soon to be signature!:D 

[​IMG]

This is an intresting process for me. First I drew and inked the picture as usual,then I scanned it then finally I colored it with digital paint! It took a while to get the colors to look right but it was worth it and an intresting experament!:) 

Here's a question, how do I resize this picture to be in a small and resonable size? I mean a lot of people gave me answers but so far it's not going what I wanted. I got my picture from phtobucket and if anyone here knows how to do resizes let me knwo because I'd really need it!

10. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

You have a very good start! I love your take on the Dinobots, and how they have more of a monstrous look in robot mode too! Very cool.

I'd love to see your take on Deathsaurus, as his original toy's beast mode is based on Japanese movie monsters!

11. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Thanks!:) 

I was actually thinking of doing Deathasaurus one day to be honest!:)  I already have an idea of what he'll look like and what his personalty would be like so I may do him next!

12. Ømnidrive

Ømnidrive Stop.....think......fart.....and keep on going

Kickass work dude

13. kaijuguy19

News Credits:

14. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

Luv the pic of Arcee & Godzilla!

I kinda think Grimlock should be bigger compared to Arcee, but I bet u did that so they'd fit on the paper. :thumbs2: 

15. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    That......that.......is quite awesome.:) 

16. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Yeah it was a little tough to keep Arcee in scale with Grimlock but still it turned out nice. Glad you like it!:thumb 

17. Dcon123

Dcon123 Novaberry~

Nice job~
    Shockwave's design looks properly menacing, the concept of him being mainly black, with purple highlights is cool, and the claws are an interesting touch~
    Grimlock looks pretty cool too! correct me if i'm wrong, but is there a hint of Godzilla in his design?~
    And awesome signature~ ^.^

18. autobotlongarm

autobotlongarm Pretty Active

Y U No Puttin Troll Faics On Dem?

19. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Fixed.

And because that would be a very stupid idea.

20. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    Thanks! I figured Shockwave may look more scary that way. I got the idea for his color scheme from Arcee where she's mainly blue but has traces of her G1 color on her which was why I did that for Shockwave. A new color scheme yet traces of his G1 colors. I think it turned out great!:) 

Yes there is indeed a strong hint of Godzilla in Grimlock because that's who I based the design for TFP Grimlock on!

:D 

Yeah sorry mate. I'm afraid I can't do that.