Kaijudo:Rise of the Duel Masters

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by StarYoshi14, Jul 7, 2012.

1. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I searched the forum and I couldn't find anything about this show. I just got done watching the first two episodes before watchcartoononline crapped out on me. I think it definitely has some potential, is this show worth following?

2. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I've been watching it. It's not bad. Not great. But I'll watch it until I get bored with it. For some reason it reminds me of The Jackie Chan Adventures. Don't care much for the main kid but I like his 2 friends more. One of them reminds me of Cleveland Jr.

3. Solrac333

Ebay:
    Today's episode was very cool.

4. ZeroEdge

ZeroEdge Geass'd

News Credits:
    I thought the sneak preview was pretty good. Dunno if I'll keep up with this show, but it surprises me, because at first glance it looks like one of those lame Pokemon/Digimon cash in shows. But you can tell that there's some effort put into this.

5. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No one's mentioned that the series is a sly reboot of the old Duel Masters card game, huh? The show's pretty good, and certainly is blazing its own trail in the wake of series like Redakai, and Monsuno.

6. StarYoshi14

StarYoshi14 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got around to marathoning the rest of season one in time for season 2. Season one is all on Netflix.

This show is actually really, impressive. Buncha continuity between episodes, a lot of lore about all the civilizations, the characters all deal with real issues such as abuse, racism, bullying and abandonment as well as the creatures. There are a lot of characters of various nationalities but it never feels like they are trying to fill a race quota.

It also never shoves products in your face, and doesn't let products interrupt the storyline, which I can appreciate. Overall, a really fun cross between Digimon (monsters and two worlds dynamic) and Avatar (Elements and Martial Arts stuff).

7. Solrac333

Ebay:
    Son of a bitch! Season 2 is called "Kaijudo:CLASH of the Duel Masters" and my DVR did not record a single episode. I just happened to have The Hub on and saw that it was a new episode and was not recording. Just watched the episode and then checked that I missed every episode since July.