Kabaya Wave 3 (box 1&2) God Ginrai

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by zephon, Apr 14, 2011.

1. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let's set expectations -- these are "Candy Toys" so don't expect a Gundam HGUC quality kit. So expect that the colors will be limited to what the part is molded in, thus expect stickers to cover up for the lack of detail and expect some parts swapping.

With that being said, the third wave of the Kabaya Transformers candy toys have Super Ginrai, God Bomber and Starscream as the lineup.
    [​IMG]
    The item is meant for the Japanese market so don't expect any English translation of whatever in the box. With that said, I have no idea what age group the toy targets and I have no idea where the toys are made (Japan? China?).

Box # 1 features God Ginrai. Opening the box reveals the parts of the toy and the sticker sheet in a plastic bag. The instructions are printed at the back of the box.
    [​IMG]

Assembly time with matching sticker application would probably take half an hour at the most. The stickers are unforgiving so better be sure when applying them. Parts worth noting here are the smokestacks -- they are very small and very thin that they may require a cutter to remove cleanly.

After half an hour, here is the final product:
    [​IMG]

It's been a while since the last Super Ginrai toy so it's great to have another transforming incarnation in whatever form. If there's one thing this little toy has over the original version, it's that the Kabaya kit actually has elbows!
    [​IMG]
    He still doesn't have any knees but at least he's got elbows -- it's a good start to the right direction.

Overall, I'm quite satisfied with this toy. Most, if not all, the decals are applied on flat surfaces. The joints are nice and firm. Thought not meant to be a toy, the quality of the plastic and the crisp color would make it stand out on any shelf.
    [​IMG]

Box # 2 features God Bomber. Basically, it's the 'Apex Armor' trailer that this box contains. Just like the first box, the parts of the kit and decal sheet are in a plastic bag and the instructions are printed on the back of the box.
    [​IMG]

Assembly is simple and straightforward. It would probably take half an hour at the most -- decal application included. My major gripe with the decals would be the one that goes on the nose cone of the shoulder missile.
    [​IMG]
    And look! He's also got elbows!

The instructions on the box lead to the robot mode first. Transformation assembly/disassembly instructions follow. Anyway, here is Super Ginrai and God Bomber side by side.
    [​IMG]

On to vehicle mode! This is just a simple kit so 1) there is no nebulan/powermaster included. 2) the smaller 'bot Ginrai does not transform into a robot.
    [​IMG]

Here is the complete vehicle mode of Super Ginrai with the trailer. Why do I keep on referring to the toy as "Ginrai" instead of "Powermaster Optimus Prime"? Well, the answer lies in the vehicle mode -- the fists can retract. The original Powermaster Optimus Prime (and the Nucleon Quest repaint) can't retract the Super mode fists.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's God Bomber's alternate mode. It's not as 'solid' as Super Ginrai but again, it's not supposed to be a toy to be roughly handled.
    [​IMG]

Naturally, God Bomber can be connected to the Super Ginrai truck via trailer hitch. It's quite amusing how close to the actual toy the details are.
    [​IMG]

Finally, we break apart God Bomber, Transform Super Ginrai and combine them to form God Ginrai.
    [​IMG]
    The instructions on this combination are printed on box # 1 and 2.

Here's God Ginrai assembled up but without the weapons.
    [​IMG]

Finally, here's the complete figure. Well, it's a candy toy kit so don't expect much out of it. There's a slight problem in attaching the shoulder missile to the chest plate so best not to touch it once it hangs on.
    [​IMG]

The elbows are still there -- add the swivel from the transformation of the trailer and you'll get decent arm movement off the toy.
    [​IMG]

I have to admit that I was actually waiting for this incarnation of God Ginrai. Even though I'm rather short on Autobot base-formers, this guy could look good with the upcoming Cyberverse playsets. For that I'm keeping him in robot mode though. I'll try to take more pics of him side by side with Cyberverse Preview Prime and Kabaya Ultra Magnus. For the sheer novelty of it, I'd recommend this set.
    [​IMG]

2. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    looks cool, you wouldn't happen to have the new RTS legends Prime would you? I'm curious as to how it compares size wise to the cab of this ones vehicle mode.

3. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Wow, much better than expected! Sold!

4. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

Where did you get it? It looks cool, and I loved Chojin Masterforce!

5. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got it from one of the specialty stores down here. Some stores sell it as a 3-pack with Starscream and some just sell the Super Ginrai + God Bomber combo.

Here's a family picture:
    [​IMG]

He works well with Cyberverse Optimus Prime (LE). They can even swap weapons:
    [​IMG]

The longer weapons look good on the taller God Ginrai
    [​IMG]

No problem with Cyberverse Prime using the Kabaya kit's weapons:
    [​IMG]

6. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice !

I'm hoping to get Super Ginrai and Bomber from BBTS. I ordered 3 so I hope they will send me one of each.