Kabaya Kits

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Omegax80, May 11, 2012.

1. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:
    Thinking of getting into collecting these... where is the best and cheapest place to start buying them up?

Also, which site is cheapest and reliable to buy the soon-to-be-released sets?

Thanks.

2. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I've only seen them individually on ebay, and that's where I've bought the couple that I own. Usually you have to buy them in sets. Sometimes even random sets.

3. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    For upcoming sets, the cheapest way to pick them up is if you have any Japanese markets in your area. They'll usually have a little candy aisle and that's where they'll be. If you have to get them online somewhere, get ready to pay double or triple the normal price.

4. Omegax80

News Credits:
    Japanese market.... well, I live in NJ... there has got to be one someplace...

Is paying $7 for a single figure overpriced? I am seeing $30 for a set of three on eBay... but that does sound a bit steep.

I found the "Gaia Guardian" set of six for $25... strange that a set of six is cheaper than a set of three?

5. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I have G1 Optimus Prime, "Classics" Optimus Prime, Star Saber, Jetfire, Prowl, and Ultra Magnus that I am getting ready to sell...they are the newer ones that were released last year or so. I was just about to post a thread regarding their value when I saw this post.

I applied the stickers to the first set...but not all "stuck" properly, and the second set went unstickered for the most part, but they were all assembled, which I guess takes the fun out of the sets.

Not trying to sell them specifically to the original poster as they might want to build them, but I figured while we are discussing the "value" maybe I could get some ideas?

Thanks in advance to anyone for their help!

6. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    No, that sounds about right.

7. Omegax80

News Credits:
    Ok, so it's not like these things are really skyrocketing in value or anything then?

8. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Usually Kabayas come in waves of 3 figures. The current wave is 5 and has WFC Prime, Hot Spot, and Deathsaurus. Gaia Guardian is the current combiner which has portions of Defensor that can combine with Hotspot. Before Guardian was Gaia Cross. The Gaia figures individually are much smaller than the regular series figs. That's why the set of 6 is about the same cost of series 5 set of 3.

The next series of Kabayas has parts to build a Fortress Maximus.

As for where to get them I think MegaMoonMan had the Defensor figs for sale. Or *cough* check my sig *cough*

9. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I don't know how much demand there is for them, honestly.

They tend to be more PartsFormers than Transformers, and they're pretty basic. There is very little color separation and most of the detail (even stuff like tires) is handled by stickers that don't really fit too great. They're still fun, but I guess I don't think of them as collectibles in the same way the toys are. They are cute and fun to put together, but they are gum toys and definitely feel like it.