Kabaya kits how easy are they to assemble?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by BlackJackuk, Jul 5, 2012.

1. BlackJackuk

BlackJackuk Well-Known Member

I've been looking at the upcoming Fortmax kit and thinking that should I buy it will it be easy to build? Are the kits generally just slightly more advanced kinder egg type builds or are they a nightmare to build? Also how fragile are the parts on these as I have got quite clumsy fingers!

2. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I've built three and as best I recall they're pretty simple. Durable enough that I never worried about breaking anything either.

3. zephon

zephon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're very easy to assemble since their target market is for kids. I dare say that applying the stickers properly takes more time than putting the kit together.

They stay together in quite well. Note that these aren't play toys like Legends Class 'bots but candy gum kits so don't give them to very small kids and expect the kabaya kit to come out unscathed like Legends Class toys.

The parts fit quite well as I don't have any problem of forcing any pieces together in any of their previous kits....

4. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Relatively easy to build but you've to be careful on transforming these. They can really get some nasty stress mark, especially on parts that are tight in fitting. Kabaya Star Saber is a good example. :( 

5. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Most of them are ridiculously easy. Only tool I use is a nail clipper to remove the tiny plastic bits that stay attached sometimes. And even that seems to not be necessary most of the time.

However some of them have a lot of small stickers and that can get tricky. I recommend sticking those suckers while the parts are separated so you have more room for your fingers.

6. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Building is easy. Stickers are a little challenging. They might be easier on fort max since it big.

7. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

plastic is pretty flexible, all parts fit pretty much perfect so there's no need to trim the excess, stickers can be challenging because they're cut so precisely to fit the areas they're supposed to go any misalignment will be pretty obvious. the precision on the stickers is pretty amazing and put real transformers/gundam stickers to shame.

8. TFtoycollector

TFtoycollector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What's the gum like?

9. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Not that good. But I chew it while I build the figure because that's what men do.

10. TFtoycollector

TFtoycollector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll have to do that. I've got the new WFC Optimus kit coming in a couple of days and i really want to try the gum.

11. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah assembling the pieces are pretty easy, not that complicate. However, the stickers don't seem to stick well. Of course, there's always glue to solve the problem.

12. BlackJackuk

BlackJackuk Well-Known Member

cheers for the replies guys!