Minor/Repaint: Kabaya DX Fortress Maximus - The Original Tower of Power in the palm of your hand...

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Taiki, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Taiki

Taiki Well-Known Member

Still the largest TF toy ever made, Fortress Maximus [or Brave] is a collector's dream... and carries an insane price tag. I always wanted one as a kid, and I still kinda do now, but there's two issues with that... too many new shiny things that do cost a bit, and... lack of fricking space. Especially for something that could be used as a door god.
    Then Kabaya came along, and produced this little bugger.
    ... little being a relative term. to put things in perspective? this guy is about half a head taller than Prime FE Optimus Prime. For a Kabaya toy, that is bloody huge.
    I didn't fancy the look of the plastic's base colors though, so... a quick wash with grey acrylics and a little panel lining later [together with some of the stickers to give im some badly needed detailing], we have the Original Tower of Power... now a nice handy size.
    Go grab im while he's cheap, guyz. All he needs is a little paint, a little love, and he's fricking AWESOME. XD

Attached Files:

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I think you did a nice job on this one!

You should take it a step further and articulate it!

3. leobreaker1977

leobreaker1977 Well-Known Member

Nice bro! Kinda making me want it ;)  @superquad7 that's a great idea to!......

4. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Two things: Where do I get one, and what toys would work with the city mode (Legends, Minicons, Micromasters)?

The paint job looks really good. I agree with SQ7 that more articulation would be great. I'm not sure that the battle worn paint style would be my choice, but it still looks good. :) 

5. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, totally want one of these now. I wasn't sue on it, but I think he would scale GREAT with a G1 Metroplex, and the WSTF's! Love the added detailing as well, good work on both that and selling me on this guy!

6. Taiki

Taiki Well-Known Member

Thanx. XD I'm seriously thinking about it... but I've got an original character custom planned for now... once I'm done with that, I'll see if I can figure out how to work it out. XD

Heh, thanx. XD
    I'd say World's Smallest TFs might stand the best chance of scaling with this guy, and might still be a tad big. the others are all too big, sadly...

Hmmm... he'd be a bit too small next to a G1 metroplex, I think, but he might scale ok with WSTF... maybe.
    Thanx. XD

To clear things up... here's a piccie.

Attached Files: