K-Mart Bait & Switch (ROTF Movie Tickets)

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by AnimatedFan, Jun 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I had a reason to go shopping for new clothes, and I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone. (Clothes plus tickets, equals win.)

I purchased $60.00 worth of clothing, paid and received my receipt. I get out to the car and realize that they printed coupons, not tickets. I hurried back in, went to the service desk, showed the woman my receipt and she called a manager over when it wouldn't let her print the tickets (they print out like a receipt, apparently.)

The manager comes over and says "Not eligible. Sorry." I said "Wait a minute! I just spent $50.00 in here on men's clothing and the deal is I get the tickets. What gives??" The woman spoke up and said "Yeah, the deal is shoes, socks, underwear including boxers, shirts, hats, and so on." The manager said "These are dress shoes. If you exchange them for sneakers and we redo your entire purchase, I can then give you the tickets. As is, no. Dress shoes are not included in the purchase agreement, and I will not violate company policy just to give you two stupid movie tickets. Good day sir." and he walked away from me, like I wasn't even there.

So be careful folks, because apparently men's dress shoes aren't men's clothing, according to the manager.

What a fuckin' ripoff. (and yes, I had to buy dress shoes, an important family situation requires it.)

K-Mart: Fuckin' the customer without Vaseline since...

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    People still shop at K Mart?

I can think of like...1 that is even remotely near me, and I think the only time I went there was when I was desperate to find some form of transformable figure during the big movie line drought of 07.

3. NemesisBruticus

NemesisBruticus Banned

Kmarts still exist? I just dont understand how MENS dress shoes arent MENS clothes.

4. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop!

There's a reason why Kmart is almost dead, you just discovered one.

5. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    The last Kmart within a hundred miles of me closed down around the time Generation 2 started. Never seen one in person since.

But..
    No piece of shit Kmart manager would ever get away with speaking to me as a customer like that, much less walking off. There'd be an altercation on the spot, as to the type, who the hell knows. It would definitely be followed up though. I don't give a good goddamn how high up the food chain you are at a crappy, dying retail store, there's always someone above you and after you get your piece I'd be speaking with them next.

Seriously, jerkoff may have walked off like the winning contestant of "King Buttmunch of all Crapland", but you bring your treatment, said bait & switch and especially his words to the next step above him and I'd say you got yourself some free damn tickets. DON'T put up with that duder.

6. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

what is this kaye-marht you speak of

7. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

It's like a dirty, overpriced Walmart.

It would have been worth the night in jail, and the disorderly conduct fine to go upside that manager's head over that bullshit.

8. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

File a complaint with his boss, then stop shopping there if they don't handle it.

9. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Shoulda pointed out to him that returning all of the merchandise you just bought isn't against company policy, and neither are calls to the better business bureau or the FTC.

10. G1Optimal

G1Optimal Autobot

News Credits:

I know this isn't the Kmart (Australia) we aren't talking about here...
    "with the experience had with them here, i personaly feel there just as bad. :mad "

But, If this had happened to me here "i" would not go back (if not hardly) to buy stuff from them again.

even though Logically...
    I should take the whole lot back, for a refund even if i did have a important occasion's to go to such as yourself.
    Unless, i keep the things i want/need and take the rest back.

11. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    I would return everything and demand to speak with her District Manager.

12. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
  13. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

I have, in fact, returned the clothing. (I decided to give my money to Wal-Mart) I have asked for the corporate number and I will be calling Monday. (I was told there would be no response on a weekend. I tried the number and got nothing but silence, so Monday it is.)

And I wanted to make a scene, I really did, but it's not worth the stint in jail, plus the township the store's located in has two police barracks, the township's, and the state's.

The state police probably would've heard me out, but I know the township cops would've been called, and they're less than honest. Hell, they just got a new chief because the last one was apparently trafficking drugs in from Alabama. I just got a speeding ticket from them and this is the third time, too.

It wasn't worth it over two movie tickets. Not when I could just take the money and pay for the tickets myself without any hassle.

14. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  15. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Fundamentally, he's angry (and justifiably so, IMO) because it's really, really poor customer service. And at the risk of overgeneralizing, it seems like customer service is dying - at least in this country.

OP: Definitely get ahold of corporate and let 'em have it. In the market they're in (competing against Wal-Mart, Target, local outfits, etc - not to mention that K-Mart owns Sears, so they also compete against JC Penney, Macy's, etc) they really can't afford to lose customers over a pair of frickin' shoes. They should make it right.

16. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But check out the link I posted. Shoes are not included in the promotion. The manager cannot just make it so. It doesn't work like that. The point of sale system recognizes what is and what isn't part of the promotion. Complaining to corporate isn't going to change anything. And I don't doubt the manager got snippy but I also don't believe the OP didn't get an attitude with the manager.

17. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    From the sound of it, it is really unclear to consumers what counts towards the free tickets. But returning everything and getting a full refund was the right thing to do, and it hurts them more to lose that money than a scolding from the BBB or district manager probably.

I would say let K-Mart rot, but that would probably kill Sears also. I still don't understand how K-Mart bought Sears, but I'd hoped Sears would have a good influence on them.

+-MWG-+

18. AnimatedFan

AnimatedFan Banned

*BUZZ* You are wrong. He said if I bought sneakers, he could make it happen. He said dress shoes weren't part of the promotion. When the woman said "Shoes, socks..." etc, he did not correct her other than to say I could've gotten it with sneakers. He said dress shoes, not all shoes.

So he didn't even uphold the policy correctly.

It is dying. It's ridiculous. I know the customer isn't always right, but damn. And I'm calling corporate Monday. I will make doubly sure they know that he said sneakers would get it, now that I've found out that shoes aren't even included in the promotion.

Plus I'm considering reporting them to the BBB for this. I hadn't thought of it before, but I am considering it now.

I didn't get an attitude with the manager. It was impossible considering he walked away from me before I could even get much said. The woman at customer service did most of the talking. You weren't there, so you can't honestly say one way or another how it went down. I tried to talk to him, can't do that when he's walking away and doesn't even try to be civil.

I'll gladly remember this post of your's when you have a reason to bitch.

Thank you for the link. Until you posted it, I hadn't even thought of the BBB. Now, I am. :D 

19. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    The only argument that you can make when the promotion says otherwise is if the terms and conditions were not made available on signage in the store. Other then that they cannot give you tickets. I say good for you for returning them but WALMART?! I'd rather buy my stuff at Target. I do think it sounds rude that the manager came across the way she did and that's the only reason I'd say do business elsewhere. As a store manager I can say that there's a difference from politely following company policy and doing so in a rude manner.

20. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So, is it like an involuntary reflex or something to make snarky comments whenever the word "K-mart" appears in a thread? :) 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.