Justify Alt. Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by eyeballkid, Apr 16, 2006.

1. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

You already have him. (Masterpiece) The mold is not that great, even though the ALt. form is baddass! What is the fan bases' explination for 2 primes in there Alt. collection? I feel cheated that from this mould, we get a Prime that is O..K. at best, compared to Masterpiece Prime, plus a black version of scourge (CHEAP!) Where the hell is Trailbreaker? Are we expecting a third repaint? Opinions...

2. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

Masterpiece Prime isn't from the same line, simple as that.

3. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

:sly: 

1: Many people do not consider MP/20th Prime part of the Alt/BT line.

2: Many People LIKE alt Prime.

3: I (being someone who happens to plan on getting Alt Prime) should not have to justify anything...

4. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    Alt prime is also 1/3 the pirce of masterpiece prime. I can buy alt Prime at wal mart. No shipping or import costs. He'll help me complete the Alt line, that I love so much. There's a chance he'll be remolded into Trailbreaker at some point. He doesn't actually look that bad. He's a better than another Subaru repaint. He keeps the line flowing. etc

5. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's it right there. Masterpiece/20th Anniversary Prime isn't an Alt/BT, therefore the Alt/BT line doesn't have two versions of Optimus Prime. This question is like asking someone who has Energon Optimus Prime to justify buying Cybertron Optimus Prime.

I should also point out that your question of "where's Trailbreaker?" is completely wrong since, after all, this figure was 'supposed to' have been Ironhide, according to the fandom.

6. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Unlike 20th Anny Prime, Alt prime's alt mode doesn't look like Ass. (as long as you don't open the hood)

7. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Actually, given the design influences, he looks to have made a better Trailbreaker. The hood for a chest and tall shoulders are what seal the deal for TB instead of IH..

8. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    MP Prime shares suprisingly few features with the alt/binaltech figures I'd say. There are no adjustable seats, working doors, working steering wheel. There is no indication of a specific model of truck, or even a manufacturer that I see on the figure itself or on the packaging, nor is there a removable engine or other part which doubles as a weapon in robot mode.

9. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was being facetious; reference to the months of "why wasn't this toy Ironhide?!?!?! hastak screwed us over by not making this toy Ironhide!!!!" leading up to the release of Alt Prime.

10. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well, this is a (My TF Universe) explanation so take this however you want. When G2 Laser/Octane Optimus Prime came out there was also a G2 Spychanger/ 'Gobot' Optimus Prime as well. It was explained that Optimus Prime could exhange his mind with the Spychanger to go places his larger form could not. G2 Megatron had the same relationship with his own Spychanger. That's how I look at ALT/MP Prime. I always thought 20th/MP Prime belonged more to the BTs than the ALTs anyway. :D 

11. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

1.I argue that every cool picture of an ALt. with Masterpiece Prime looks like G1
    2. Great. I do too, but 20th edition makes him look like an excuse too make more money.
    3. True, your a consumer, as I am, just trying to make sense of buying something that was to be something else.
    Peace!

12. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Yeah I don't completely buy the "but but it's not really an Alternator~!" arguement. Simple fact is, mostly the same people who buy and love Alternators also bought 20th Optimus. And most people, at least those that post pictures and describe collections, display him with Alternators. And many people do consider 20th Optimus to be the leader. Alternators and 20th were both engineered by the same person, and sold to the same demo.

Saying there's no relationship between the two is hogwash.

The reason to buy Alternators Optimus? The same as any other Alternator, for the uber-realistic, licensed vehicle, to scale with your other Alternators.

13. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Don't get me wrong... I display 20th Prime with my alts, I'm just saying technically he is not an alt/bt.

I was miffed about Alt Prime myself, but the more I see of him, the more excited I get.

You can blame Takara for him being Prime....

14. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Guys, the whole situation is very easy to remedy. Get a BT* Broadblast and a Alt OP. Remove the head from the Broadblast and put it on OP. There's your Ironhide. Then get a Rollbar, and the Nemesis Prime and switch the heads. There you have Trailbreaker. And if Repolables makes some sticker sets to add to the new characters, then all the better. :thumbs2: 

It's a little more costly than, but they're both simple kitbashes.

15. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    I'm a little surprised Takara hasn't released unpainted heads. That seems like something that screams Takara mail-in exclusive.

16. ambushbug74

ambushbug74 Stroke me, Stroke me! TFW2005 Supporter

I dunno why anyone has to justify anything. If you don't like it, fine, have your opinion. If I like it, fine also. What is up with all this hostility over freakin' toys?!? And again, why does everyone assume that we all wanted him to be Trailbreaker? Only thing I wished, was that Prime woulda been an F-150, and that is personal bias cause I; A) work for Ford, and B) Drive one.

17. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I don't see MP Prime as being part of the alternators line but he does seem to fit in some ways. Whether or not I spin the money on a ALT prime is still up in the air.

18. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    This is like the UMPTEENTH "I hate ALT Prime thread...":redface2: 

Seriously, are there not enough real life problems to go around??? If not, take some of mine please...:p 

19. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I happen to be excited about Alt Prime and can't wait to get him. I think he looks fine in both modes.

20. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

MP Prime isn't an Alternator. Justify it however you want. He's not from the same line. It's. That. Simple.

Display him with your alts? Do what you want, I couldn't give a monkeys, but seriously, just ignore the Alternator one if it's causing you to lose sleep or wet the bed.