Justice League of America (NEW EARTH)

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by KAGE, Nov 21, 2010.

1. KAGE

KAGE aka: GibsonKAGE

News Credits:
    I've been through the Wiki and I'm having a hard time finding a good place to pick up on the oldskool Justice League (w/ Bruce Wayne BATMAN).

The site suggest JLA: Year One as the new beginning...so where do I go from there until we hit the new team involving Dick Grayson as BATMAN on the team?

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I'm kind of a huge JLA fan.

If you want Batman with the Justice League, I'd say skip JLA Year One. It's very good, but it chronicles the League's adventures prior to Batman and Superman joining it (and is also now probably out of continuity after Infinite Crisis). For good stuff I'd advise going back to the Grant Morrison run on JLA. It started with JLA #1 (circa the late 90s). It's good stuff with the classic "big seven" League.

If want a closer starting point, you could go with the current Justice League of America title. It launched a few years back, but has been pretty hit and miss up until recently (and many would argue that it's still hit and miss - I just happen to like the new stuff).

The old Justice League International stuff from the late 80s is also classic, but I doubt you'd want to slog through 20+ years of comics to catch up with the present.