Justice League of America' movie to roll cameras early 2008?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Tekkaman Blade, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  2. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

What no Hal? No Ollie? No Dinah? No Martian Manhunter?

Still, a JLA movie sounds very cool if they ever manage to get it off the ground.

3. cagliostro

cagliostro Victi Vincimus

I like that line-up but I worry that Batman would not work well in a live action JLA movie. I do think that if the Flash is Barry that the GL should be Hal, or go with Wally and Kyle that would be cool too.

4. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

This, is going to end the comic book movie run/

5. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Unlikely Marvel took out a billion dollar loan to produce movies. Up first iron Man and hulk 2

6. SubotaiBaghatur

SubotaiBaghatur Borys of Ebe

Sounds terrible, I hope this doesnt affect the outstanding batman series too much.

7. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Outstanding? If you mean the only series they have out so far, after the original, it was pretty terrible. If you mean Batman Forever, there isn't a series to speak of yet.

8. tentagil

tentagil Well-Known Member

Its not Hulk 2, they are basically going to pretend the Hulk from a few years ago was never made and start from scratch again from everything I've read. And apparently no CGI Hulk in the new one.

There is also a Moon Knight Live Action show in the works, though if it ever actually sees daylight who knows. Iron Man should be out next year and looks pretty good from the pics that have shown. But not enough info out yet. Apparently a Wolverine movie is being made, a possible Black Panther, a possible Live Action Dr. Strange and of course Capitan America.

The next few years are gonna be full of Comic Book movies from both DC and Marvel, but Marvel seems to have the most in the pipe at the moment with DC going at a slower pace.

9. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

Honestly, I think it's far less likely that we'll see the Bale continuity Batman in a JLA movie. I remember reading articles that basically stated that Warner brothers see the Nolan Batman films as a little more highbrow than their other comic franchises, and don't want to sully them by including Bales Batman in a JLA movie. I think it's far more likely that there won't be a Batman in JLA. Actually, I kind of hope there won't be.

10. BallaTron

BallaTron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think it would be cool to see Bale as batman in a JLA movie,personally I don't wanna see anyone else play Batman.

11. ABH1979

ABH1979 Blue Boba Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Pinterest:
    You guys are taking it better than they did at Newsarama; a lot of bitching and moaning about Hal not being in it.

WB will have to negotiate with Bale since I'm sure they don't want to use up part of his 3-picture contract with the JLA movie. Getting Routh on board shouldn't be that hard.

12. Nexus Prime

Nexus Prime Creation is proof.

Personally I think this genre is here to stay. Too many ideas that have been proven to make money in the comic world make even more money when translated to the big screen.... and then the toys aisles, DVD releases, more comics, video games and so on.

We need other action movies genres than "A guy with a gun". Yipeee. Never seen that before.

13. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'd love to see it but not without Bale and Routh. If they're out, count me out as well.

14. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    It's not a surprise. John is the cartoon GL, so he probably has the most recognition from non-comic readers. I'd have preferred Guy, personally.

The thing about this that disappoints me most is the fact that Max Lord is going to be in it. Now everyone is going to know him only as a villain, and not the real complex character from JLI. :( 

15. Gort

Gort Klaatu barada nikto TFW2005 Supporter

I never thought I'd say this because I grew up with Hal, but I'm glad it's John Stewart - the JLA needs the diversity. I actually like Hal better as Parallax or the Specter.

I'm actually very excited about this movie. I love the JLA and I hope it turns out to be a good movie.

16. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah I'm a Joh fan as well.

17. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

Here's a bit of an update regarding Bale and 'JLA":

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=6231

Doesn't sound like he wants much to do with anything but the Nolan franchise.

18. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    An anonymous email indicates the 'Justice League' movie may a motion capture/CG animation feature.

IESB.net received the email and checked with several sources from ILM to Rhythm and Hues. Indicators are that this may, in fact, be how the 'Justice League' movie comes together.

Story continues after the jump...

When taken in the context of the conflicts with the 'Superman' and 'Batman' franchises, a CG animated movie makes perfect sense. Add to that, director George Miller's involvement and the pieces seem to fit.

The anonymous scooper writes:

Imageworks are apparently in the running to provide services on the JLA film, competing with R&H and possibly WETA (the latter being unconfirmed).

But the real interesting thing about this is that the contract is for an all-cgi "photo-real" motion capture movie, much like the upcoming 'Beowulf'.

This is unsurprising, given George Miller's recent track record with the likes of 'Happy Feet', and motion capture cgi would certainly account for the casting sessions that are supposedly starting next week, meaning that Miller can cast actors rather than faces for the roles, use their performances and tweak things as he sees fit.

19. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

If IESB's latest news is right, you will be counted out. Justice League is not related to either of those franchises. It sounds like it will be a spin-off of the Justice League from Smallville. Tom Welling has been offered the part of Superman, and the producers of Smallville say they are willing to work around the movie schedule for him.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_ezine&task=read&page=1&category=1&article=3138

20. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    That may be interesting. It's about time he did something besides whine about lana