Justice League Movie Fan Cast

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by bearweezie, Aug 11, 2012.

1. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

If we are to believe that part of the New 52 re-boot/re-structuring in the comics, was to make them more “movie-friendly” then the Society is already off the table for League interaction, as they are now back where they belong, on Earth 2.

Don’t you DARE come back and say you don’t know what Earth 2 is…

Besides, even if they were still part of the same world, you would literally need to start with the Society and their exploits during WWII. If you’re doing world building with Super-heroes, then you need to start with the first heroes. Thankfully, DC has returned that title to Superman.

A World’s Finest movie would be incredible – and what would sell better than a Superman/Batman movie? Still shocked that they don’t want to go this route, first.

Let’s be real; whether it’s a JL movie or a World’s Finest movie, it’s actually the Superman and Batman show with friends. That’s the bread and butter.

That’s not bad, in fact, that might be the best thing you’ve come up with…ever.

You got some balls, calling someone else’s idea “horrible.” That works better than Hawkman being the one to bring the League together, just because he’s your fav.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It’s simply staggering how much you write compared to how little you know.

Especially since we all know the internet is right their and your fingertips. Take some time -- read up, before you make such declarative, absolute statements...that couldn't be more wrong.

2. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Well I figured I may as well give my two cents on how Warner Bros should go about making the justice league movie. First off and most obivous they need to act now, they can't wait forever and this applies to all their DC movies. What they should do after man of steel is one in that film establish the shared continuity and get to work on flash and wonder woman. In wonder woman, perhaps after the credits, have superman show up discussing the league with her and perhaps include batman in this scene. Then go right into justice league where martian manhunter and perhaps aquaman(if included) get introduced since a aquaman solo movie for right now won't fly with audiences since he is a bit of a joke. Also green lantern and batman should not be rebooted before the justice league movie since one rebooting batman in a solo movie so soon after nolan's films is just an awful idea and these characters are already familar to general audiences. Again just my two cents.

3. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I have that comic on my shelf......

Now I'm the first to admit that my initial set of ideas were rough as guts, I wrote the whole thing in about twenty minutes at work.

However I am convinced that Justice League would be a slower build than Avengers. That's why I though World's Finest and Trinity would be a good way to stop people getting bored: you build up exactly what you could see when Apokolips starts rolling in and the Justice League takes form.

4. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Yeah, I have the TPB of Trinity, too.

I agree that going from World's Finest (or Superman/Batman, since DC seems to have given the title to Power Girl and Huntress), to Trinity, to Justice League, would be the best way to go. Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are the big guns of the League and 3 of the most recognizable super heroes ever created, but it seems that WB/DC just isn't going to go that route. They've seen what Avengers can do (though, apparently they were in the early stages of JL development before Avengers premiered), and they want to rush their premier super-team to the theaters.

5. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Apparently, WB is/was considering Ben Affleck to direct:

Newsarama.com : Hollywood Trades Clash Over BEN AFFLECK - JUSTICE LEAGUE

Now, I'm not totally against this, as he's not a bad director, but seeing as he directed and starred in The Town, ugh, I just don't want him to be in the movie.

6. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

That got shot down days ago.

7. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

There in bold. I never said the Fury character should be a government Agent. I don't know where you got that idea. I said very specifically that the character would be part of an older team of mostly retired super heroes looking for younger heroes to replace them. Hence using Hawkman from the Justice Society.

The only thing he would actually have in common with Nick Furry is introducing the idea of working together as a team. And given the modern darker version of Batman often has problems being part of a team I think he really needs that most of all.

In the Justice League series Batman never actually joined the Justice League. It was even brought up in Batman Beyond that Bruce was never a member of the Justice League. He paid for the Watchtower's construction and often assisted the Justice League so he was practically a founding member anyway but officially he never joined.

Well this we agree on. Though I was thinking the Hall of Justice would be in the first movie but as a run down dump that Bruce hasn't bothered to fix up yet and only functions to bring the team to the Watchtower via zeta beams. I could just picture the Flash commenting about what a dump their base is before he realizes that their real base is a satellite in space.

In the outdo game it would be like Bruce Banner's first reaction to the Hellicarrior when he thought it was only an air craft carrior and then realizing that it can fly only the contrast between the Hall of Justice being a run down dump and seeing the Watchtower for the first time would be a lot greater and would probably have more of a Star Wars feel to it. You know Luke Skywalker seeing the Millennium Falcon for the first time. "What a piece of junk." image Luke Skywalker is the Flash and the Millennium Falcon is the Hall of Justice. Now imagine Zeta Beaming to the Watchtower.

I don't really see the Hall of Justice being built into a public face as you put it till the second or third movie as you said but I do imagine it existing as a barely recognizable run down old building for the first movie.

Agreed but think about WHY the Avenger's was better than Dark Knight Rises. Avengers had been anticipated for longer than any other movie because of the bonus scenes in the individual movies. Even if it sucked it would of still done better in the box office than the Dark Knight Rises. Thankfully Avengers was a great movie.

Avengers took, 2 Ironman movies, a Hulk movie, a Thor movie, and a Captain America movie to set up. Justice League could easily do better than that because every member of the team could easily get their own movie before Justice League.

Avengers has Nick Furry, Hawkeye, and Black Widow who are all good characters but they're agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D., none of them had their own movie. And the movie versions of them were kinda not very well represented. That makes them the weakest characters in the Avengers in terms of how well the audience really knows them. Most of the general movie goers are more likely to have a favorite character in one of the 4 guys who actually had their own movies.

However with Justice League everyone seems to be assuming and with good reason, that Wonder Woman could easily get her own movie and would easily be a stronger female character than Black Widow was because of it.

Having Hawkman as I suggested could also be better than Nick Furry. Maybe he wouldn't get his own movie but just the fact that he's freaking Hawkman and would fighting in the Justice League along side the main characters as a super hero automatically makes him a better character than Nick. Nick was a good supporting character but he's not really a super hero.

As for Hawkeye, well he's easily a fan favorite among the hard core fans. I know he has a huge fan following but I don't see the general movie going audience liking him very much. I kind figure the Flash would be the closest character to Hawkeye without it being painfully obvious that we're even making a comparison. (Again, not using Green Arrow for exactly that reason.) Give the Flash his own movie and he's instantly a more popular character.

So what are the other 4 characters. Ironman, Hulk, Captain America, and Thor vs. Batman, Green Lantern, Superman, and Aquaman. Well I think Green Lantern could easily beat Hulk. Superman could easily do better than Captain America. That just leaves Batman vs. Ironman which will be hard considering Batman doesn't have the freaking cool armor. And Aquaman vs. Thor which would be REALLY hard considering Aquaman isn't even that popular to begin with.

In total I see it as Justice League 5/7 Avengers 2/7 so it seems like they're pretty well outdone at least in terms of characters. As for how the actual movies would turn out, that could still go either way. You never really know even with stronger characters they could still get an idiot director and make a total flop.

True but still need a reboot because Nolan films are over.

As I explained above, it would actually be really easy to top the Avengers. The only thing that could really screw it up is failing to promote the movie and incompetent directors.

As good of a movie as the Avengers was it's not without it's flaws. Personally I feel like Ironman is the best character in the movie and I think that has something to do with him having the best solo movies and a really good actor playing the part. Thor as a character I'm really not even familiar with in terms of the Marvel comics version of the character, there's not a lot they could do to really cause nerd rage there and I still didn't like him. Hulk ended up changing actors between his solo movie and the Avengers. And Captain America's solo movie was actually really badly written. Like the ending felt forced like they had to do that to bring him into the Avengers and not for any reason that actually made sense in the plot. That was just literally the worst ending I've ever seen for a super hero movie.

So yeah, even though Avengers was a well made movie there are obviously a lot of flaws there that Justice League could avoid repeating.

Batman when he was created originally had a brighter costume than how he's normally seen today. Though as "Batman" it doesn't really make a lot of sense for him to wear a bright blue, yellow, and light gray costume.

Besides your analogy is horrible anyway. Just because someone wears an all black costume doesn't automatically mean they look like a bad guy. Black is neither good nor bad. Black is often seen as the bad guy as a metaphor for racism.

Manhunter on the other hand actually has a literal meaning and it doesn't fit the character. If her were an actual Manhunter then he would in fact be a villain. The name suggests that he hunts mankind. As in the same way that man hunts animals. It just sound evil it actually is evil.

How would Man of Steel set up anything with a bonus end credit scene? Certainly not by having other DC characters in the main part of the movie because it's a Superman movie and there shouldn't be any other characters to draw focus away from him. That's kind of the whole point of the bonus scene. It introduces the character from a different movie without being a distraction to the main plot.

I never said that Aquaman would be the first movie they made. You really should stop talking to me like I'm an idiot. I personally like Aquaman but I know that I'm in the minority and Justice League would never take off if Auqaman lead the way towards it. Batman or Superman would easily be the poster boy of the Justice League as they're the most popular and recognizable characters. A lot of people would like to think Wonder Woman as well but considering how many times they've tried to do Wonder Woman and never seeing the light of day I don't think even she would really do too well.

For the longest time Batman and Superman have been the only DC super heroes adapted into live action films. I'd really like to see more heroes adapted and a Justice League movie made. To be honest I thought this could work long before the Avengers did it but a lot of people thought it would never work for various reasons. The fact that the Avengers did do it successfully proves that the system works. Don't mess with the system.

I believe Thor was the last to get his own movie... or maybe it was Captain America... They kinda came out close together. I don't think Avengers would of done as well if they came out first because they were easily the worst of the solo movies.

It would probably be Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash, and then Aquaman.

That doesn't make any sense. You're right that you're not going to have enough time to get to know the characters in Justice League and for exactly that reason no one is going to care about Aquaman or any other character if Justice League is made first. Really the only characters anyone will care about are Batman and Superman because they're the ones that everyone knows.

The point of that was that DC needs to take some ques from the Avengers to avoid making the same mistake again. And if they just make the Justice League without doing any solo movies first then they'll essentially be repeating the same mistakes they made with the last Justice League movie.

BTW DC had their fair share of bad TV series as well. It wasn't just Marvel making them. Aside from the Adam West Batman series there was also a Wonder Woman live action TV series, a Flash live action TV series, and several different Superman live action TV series. Out of them the Flash was actually the most well made but not as well remembered as Batman. Wonder Woman was just as cheesy and corny as the Hulk.

Of course if you consider when they were made they aren't any worse than the first Superman movie was. By today's standards they're crap but back then most of them were pretty successful in their time.

Again, I never said "government type" I only said someone to unite the team together. How you get government type out of my suggesting to replace him with Hawkman I have no idea. The guy is a freaking archeologist not a government agent.

Nope. Again I point out that it's been done three times already in a live action tv series and two different cartoons. Actually having to show the exploits of the Justice Society makes it needlessly complicated. All the audience needs to know is that the Justice Society is a team of now mostly retired super heroes. That's it. You're talking something that could easily be explained in 3 lines of dialog and turning it into it's own franchise.

I could see a Justice Society movie being made maybe as a prequel to Justice League, as in the movie comes after but it's set in the past. And that's only if the audience responds well to Hawkman and wants to see the movie be made. If they make it first then we'll never get Justice League because most of the members of the Justice Society are in the forgotten category, as in no one knows who the hell they are except for Hawkman and Dr. Fate.

For one thing Hawkman is by no means my favorite character and even if here were that was by no means my reasoning for using him to bring the team together.

You've got some nerve calling my idea horrible when you obviously fail on every level to even understand it. You have made claims and accusations about my idea threw out this that I never even said. The idea of Aquaman being the first movie, the idea of Hawkman being a government type character, and now the idea the accusation that Hawkman is my favorite character. Where are you getting this stuff from because I never said it.

I did in fact say that "I've never even heard of it" so there's nothing declarative or absolute about the bold statement. I could rephrase it and say that "there's no trinity that I'm aware of". Maybe you should try reading it as one full quote instead of treating the bold section as an entirely separate paragraph.

8. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Fine, not a gov agent, but instead you want a character from another, older team. Problem here is that DC has returned the League to the status of the first (Public) Super-Team and Superman as the first Super-powered hero.

All of the Justice Society are all back on Earth 2.

Really? Oh wait, yeah, I know that. Look I LOVE the DCAU/Timmverse, but we really should be looking less at that for the direction of the Justice League movie, and more towards DC's New 52 Reboot.

Being a DC > Marvel person, I want to believe this, but I don't. Avengers had a good script, which seems to be a rare commodity in Hollywood these days. I want and hope that JL does better than Avengers, but it will be far from easy.

Yes. Wonder Woman is the premier Super-Heroine, just like Superman is the premier Super-Hero. Marvel, honestly, doesn't have anything close to WW's caliber, but that doesn't mean shit if WB can't get a decent script/writer/director/lead-actress for a WW and JL movie.

I'm just going to leave this, because this is your personal preference, but I don't see Carter being in the League, at least not in the first movie. Also, going back to the new 52 (in case you don't know) Hawkman now has no ties to the Justice Society. They are, again, on Earth 2, and the only Hawk over there is Hawkgirl.

This I agree with, in fact, Flash should have gotten a movie long before Green Lantern, in my opinion.

... Most people didn't even know who Iron Man was before RDJ's movie. It was an awesome first movie, and he does have a cool suit, but if we get a more comicbook inspired batman, well, then Wayne definitely has a lot more cool toys. We'll have to wait to see what direction the Bat-reboot, goes.

Agreed.

Yes, but I don't think we need a solo movie from the new Batman until after the JL movie. He can show up, and people will know who he is and what he's about.

...and a shitty script, and too much oversight from WB, and...etc., etc.

Being less of a Marvel guy, I guess I find less flaws. To me, the only problem was Cap's new suit -- it just looked like crap compared to what he had in his solo movie. I would love if they'd go back to that, instead.

WB should definitely look at what worked and didn't, but I hope they make their own movie and not "DC's Avengers" because the League deserves so much better than that.

O RLY?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's pretty dark and badass for 1939.

Don't confuse the campier redesign of the "Robin Years" for his Original (debuted) design.

... I don't even....

Federal Marshals are "Manhunters." You're thinking "Manhunter" like he hunts down all of "humankind," and that's not how it was meant. Batman himself has been called the "Masked Manhunter."

I guess, but bonus scenes can be kind of lame. All I meant was that Man Of Steel would set up the world that the other DC heroes would share.

I never said that you said that Aquaman would be the first movie made. You really should stop being so defensive.

The point I was trying to make, was it would suck if the JL movie got scrapped because DC decided to do _______ solo movie first, because it does terribly in the box office. It could just have easily been a WW movie that bombs.

More DC Hero movies would be great, but not at the expense of a good JL movie. That's all I'm saying.

If using the New 52 template, then Cyborg would probably be added to the roster. They need some diversity.

Makes sense to me. Show that Aquaman is awesome in the JL movie, then when it comes time for his solo movie, hopefully more people will be interested.

Yeah, but WB/DC was the first to do the Big Theatrical Releases right. Though, it really benefits DC to have been owned by WB since the mid-'70s. Now, I'm starting to wonder if that ownership is more of a burden...

Sorry, it's the constant comparison to Fury, or "Furry," as you call him, that has me going back to that. Of course someone needs to bring the League together -- they aren't just going to show up fighting aliens together. It needs to be an actual League hero that decides they should band together, preferably, someone like Superman, Wonder Woman, or even Flash, since he seems to be more of the "boy scout" hero in the New 52.

Having the Justice Society at all is needlessly complicated, which is why they are long gone, back on their own planet where they can the the Premier Super-Team.

I'm sure you could, but I can't, because they are elsewhere.

Whatever, you just seem dead-set on Hawkman being in the JL, for some reason. He's a second stringer, at best.

I understand that you really feel that both Hawkman and the Justice Society should play some part in the JL movie. Have you been reading any of the New 52 comics? Because none of that jives with the direction that the League is currently going. Yes, Hawkman will eventually join the New League, but he comes way after the "Big 6 +Cyborg."

You know what? I'd give up saying anything about Hawkman, if you could produce one DC comic scene or story-point that shows him being the inspiration for forming the League. I have issue with this idea because it's totally random and makes no sense, because it has no basis in the history of the League comics.

Regrading "Aquaman being first" and "Hawkman = Nick 'Furry,' Gov Agent" that's been covered above.

Uh, in the bolded, you said "There is no Trinity":

Which is declarative and absolute. You stated your perception, "I've never heard...," then went on to say "There is no Trinity."

Making it sound like since you've never heard of it, it must not exist.

You could have just written it right the first time: "there's no trinity that I'm aware of"

In any event, there is a Trinity, as most fans of the DCU know.

9. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

That's not a problem. You're talking about the comic book universe. The current running Young Justice cartoon series still has the Justice Society and the Justice League co-existing in the same universe. The last episode even featured all 4 of the the different "Flash" characters. Jay, Barry, Wally, and Bart.

Just because something happened in the comics doesn't mean it's going to have any impact what so ever on any upcoming movies or cartoons. Have you not been paying attention to the way things work? That's like complaining about modern Transformers because they're not G1.

I'm sure whatever the current incarnation of the Avengers in the comics are had no impact on the movie interpretation so why should the current comic story line for Justice League have any impact on their movie?

I don't know what that has to do with anything I just said. The lighter version of Batman was a member of the Justice League. The darker version of Batman is more of a loner. Sense the movies always take the darker rout with him then Batman isn't going to just go "Yeah sure I'll join the Justice League because we work much better as Super Friends." and quite frankly that version of Batman would never work today because everyone knows the dark version.

It's not about any of that stuff. It's that they can't get anyone to produce the movie. They could have the worst script/writer/director/lead-actress and still end up making the movie. People will hate it but at least they'd actually make the movie. It's about getting a producer on board to fund the movie. They have to sell the idea first or they don't have any budget to film with.

Apparently the producers at WB don't think that a Wonder Woman movie would do very well. It probably has something to do with sex appeal to men and the fact that she runs around in a scantly clad outfit made from the American Flag. The odd thing about that is that Wonder Woman is a princess from an entirely different country so her wearing the American flag like that would actually be offensive. I think for the comic book and cartoon market it's OK because kids don't really pay much attention to how she looks but for a movie directed at an older audience I can see why they might have trouble selling her character.

And please don't misquote me. I am not by any means saying that I would be offended by Wonder Woman. I'm saying that people get offended over the stupidest things and I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up offending a bunch of stupid people taking it way too seriously.

Again, it does not matter what the hell is going on in the comics, that's a completely different continuity and has no effect what so ever on what they might do for the movies. Your personal preference is a take on the new 52, my personal preference is a twist on a Smallville episode.

That's not accurate at all. Ironman had several animated movies out before the first live action was made. I saw an animated version of his origin story where all the desert stuff of building his first armor was the same as the live action version. That movie came out about a year before the live action movie. Then there's also 3 animated Avengers movies in which Ironman had a leadership role in the team. The 3rd movie was actually the New Avengers and Tony Stark was the only original member still in the movie but that movie focused more on the kids, Antman and Wasp's son, Captain America and Black Widow's son, Thor's daughter, and some other characters I don't remember. Anyway point being, that's kinda like saying no one knew who Spider-man was before his first movie came out.

Also yes Batman does have some cool gadgets but nothing that can even compare to a FLYING SUIT OF ARMOR. Ironman's armor trumps anything Batman has.

What difference does that make? The solo movie isn't to introduce Batman to the audience. It's to give him a reason to be with the Justice League. It would look kinda random if he just showed up.

Though if they had Batman show up in the bonus sense of one of the other hero's movies that would work just as well.

Mostly I just don't think Batman on his own would do as well as Justice League so making his solo movie after instead of before would end the franchise before it could even start.

The suit Captain America had in the Avengers was more like his actual costume. The one in his solo movie was inspired by military uniforms and made to look like something he would actually wear as a soldier. It looked good for what it was but not something he could continue wearing in the Avengers.

Bold part was my point from the start. The rest I never said.

You must have worse color blindness than I do if you think he's wearing black.

First picture: Do you not see the blue shine on his mask and cape? Or his bright yellow belt?

Second picture: He doesn't have the yellow but his costume is even lighter in color than the last one. There's a lot of blue and light gray in that costume.

They both have some black on them but even the Adam West version had some black on his costume. It's no were near as dark as the Batman we have today. He doesn't wear the bright yellow and blue anymore at all. He does still have the gray some times but it's much darker. Except for the Brave and the Bold version who went back to his lighter toned roots but still had an attitude of today's Batman which was a little odd.

Some scenes are kind of lame others aren't. I find the good ones are the ones that set up another movie. When they're just kinda thrown in for no real reason then they suck.

You never said that huh? These were your exact words.

"I’d hate to have the JL movie scrapped because WB decided to do the Aquaman solo movie first and it bombed."

Looks like you said exactly that.

Well it worked for the Avengers so why wouldn't work for the Justice League? You do realize Captain America sucked right? That movie had horrible reviews and with good reason because it was easily the worst movie they made. Yet the Avengers still came out and did really really well. It wouldn't matter if one solo movie bombed just as long as it's not the first couple of movies. They can't all be Ironman's.

Frankly any movie DC makes is going to be better than Captain America because they don't need to force and ending just for the set up to Justice League to work.

Can't make a Justice League movie without other solo movies that's all I'm saying.

Cyborg belongs with the Teen Titans. Don't really think he belongs in the League except on Super Friends version. Anyway as far as diversity goes they could get the John Stewart Green Lantern.

You can't show he's awesome when there are 6 other heroes to compete with that's why he needs a solo movie.

What is so complicated bout a team of mostly retired super heroes? I just explained who they are and wasn't complicated at all.

Why must you insist on pushing one possible continuity from the comics as if it were the only continuity? You're seriously sounding like a geewhiner. Boo hoo it's not the new 52 so it sucks boo hoo.

He's the most recognizable character from the Justice Society and has also been in the JLA so given my idea of the old team wanting to recruit younger heroes that's why I picked him.

Again none of what you're saying is relevant and comes off as whiny. The movie would be a new continuity not a live action word for word retelling of the new 52.

Yup definitely being whiny. It's a new interpretation. You live under a rock? It doesn't have to be exactly like the comics.

I know what I said, my point was you took it out of context. I was trying to be nice about it before but if you can't take the hint, learn to read.

Nope making it sound like it doesn't exist that I'm aware of. It's called context, look it up.

It has the same meaning either way... you know... as long as you actually pay attention to context.

The way you interpreted it completely ignores the fact that just before that I said that I never heard of it which is the same as saying "that I'm aware of" after it. There's no reason to say "that I'm aware of" after the statement because I already said "I never heard of it" before the statement was even made. That would just be redundant.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2012
  10. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Sure, but YJ started before the DC comic universe rebooted.

Part of the DC reboot, and the formation of DC Entertainment, was to connect the DC comicbooks and what will be the collective DC Movie-verse. If someone working on the JL script comes out and flat out says that this League will be based on the Pre-Flashpoint comics, then I'll buy into what you're selling, but I know better than that.

Er, the comics are always the prime inspiration for the comic-movies, they just get to pick and choose what storypoints they want to use.

I only have a very basic knowledge of the Avengers, and Marvel in general, but I know they too pull heavily from the comics. I know that the first Iron Man and the upcoming Iron Man 3, have and will have pulled a lot of inspiration from Warren Ellis' "Extremis" Story.

I can't really gauge what you consider the lighter and darker versions of Batman, so...

There's an in-story reason why Diana's costume is patterned after the American Flag. I'm not sure how much of it is a retconn, but there is a reason. You might want to look into to it, eventually...

Yes, people do get offended by stupid things.

It's actually not. For every one thing that the New 52 has done right, there are at least five things that it has mucked up. I just know, based on press releases from DC and WB, that part of the restructuring in the comics, was to make these properties more movie friendly.

I adore the JL/JLU cartoons and would LOVE it if they made a JL movie patterned after that, but there are very slim chances of that happening.

Again, I'm talking about the general, uninitiated, movie-going public -- they had no idea who Iron Man or Tony Stark were. They aren't the types to watch Marvel's Animated movies. On the flip side, general audiences know of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man, because they are pop culture icons.

This is an opinion, and to be fair, so was mine, so there's no point going any further here...

Just personal preference. I'd rather see the whole League before I see the solo adventures of Batman, again...

I don't agree. For one, we've had Nolan's movies make tons of money for WB, so I don't know how you'd think they would not do well. Two; the Justice League movies and the New Batman movies, will be two separate yet connected franchises. The JL movies can and hopefully will do well on it's own merits, and Batman will do fine, as long as we don't get a shitty script/director.

That's why I liked it more. Again, I fully admit this is my personal preference.

I never said that you said the rest...I was just "voicing" my concerns on just how much WB/DC should take from the Avengers movie.

I'm questioning even getting into this... Batman's cape and cowl was always meant to be black, but printing issues back in the late-'30s early '40s caused them to use blue as high-lights. Just using black would create a very flat, blotchy mess of ink.

Besides, a few posts ago, you mentioned that the color black does not equal "dark," so what are you getting at?

Gray has always been part of the comic-costume (except for short periods, here and there), but as we haven't seen gray on a live action movie Batman since Adam West, well, that may have no bearing on the JL movie version.

Once again; just because you've never heard of it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Here's the definition for you:

manhunt (ˈmænˌhʌnt)

— n
    an organized search, usually by police, for a wanted man or fugitive

'manhunter

— n

link: Manhunter | Define Manhunter at Dictionary.com

Agreed.

I never said that YOU said that. I was, again, "voicing" my concerns for the DC movie franchise(s).

Actually, I did not realize that. I actually liked Captain America. I mean, it was far from my fav Marvel movie, even before Avengers came out, but I still enjoyed it. It was better than both of the solo Hulk movies, and Hulk is actually one of my favorites over at Marvel.

Okay, I agree that it couldn't be done without ANY solo movies, but I hope WB is wise about which characters they choose to promote in the solo capacity first.

Historically, you're correct, but IF they go they New 52 route, well, then Cyborg is already a founding member (and a huge plot point) for the Justice League.

I would love to have John Stewart over Hal Jordan, but I just don't see that happening, especially with Geoff Johns' current standing title at DC.

Eh, I think most of the Avengers got to have their "cool" moments, maybe not seconds stringers like Hawkeye or Widow, but certainly Cap, Hulk, Iron Man, and Thor.

No, you gave your opinion why it isn't complicated. Even with multi-picture deals, these super-hero movies won't have the time to set up all of the DCU history, compared to what the comics have achieved since inception.

If DC/WB wants to make a Justice Society movie, then they should do so, but I hope they leave any and all mention of that other team out of the Justice League movie.

See, now you're confusing my personal preference with what I truly expect DC/WB to do.

I don't like a lot of the New 52 -- a lot of it is shit and has erased a lot of the great continuity that the comics had created, BUT I know why they did what they did, and as I said before, it was to streamline the characters and their origins, so that they can more easily be adapted for Movies, which is all Daddy "Warner" Warbucks cares about. Plain and simple.

Fair enough, though I'd think even Hawkgirl would have a better chance appearing in a JL movie, thanks to her part in the DCAU cartoons.

It's not my preference, and I hope it's not a complete retelling of what is going on in the New 52, but I know they will take inspiration from it.

It's your interpretation, and it won't happen. I have no personal issues with Hawkman as a character, it just sounds like you want to write some fan-fiction, or something.

Trust me, I'm trying very hard to be nice, myself. So, you can learn to write.

Okay, while I'm doing that, you might want to look up sentence structure...

People typically end on the point they are trying to make...

In any event, now You are Aware that it Exists.

11. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

They are never going to make a movie that is in continuity with the comic book story line. Not everyone reads the comics and only the hard core fans will know what the hell is going on. Get over yourself.

WRONG. The movies are always a different continuity because they make movies for the general audience not the hard core comic book readers.

They do take inspiration from the source material but never in the history of comic book based movies has the movie ever been 100% accurate to the comics.

Hell even movies based on books are not 100% the same story. Holes is the closest movie to being like the book it's based on except their casting choice for Caveman was totally wrong and the nick name didn't make sense in the movie. In the actual book Caveman was the biggest kid there, he was like me at that age. Shia is a little scrawny kid. That was the only difference between the book and the movie.

If you really think movies are always the same as the books their based on you've never read a book.

Nope, it's a different story. There might be some similarities because one is based on the other but they aren't going to straight up copy everything.

His personality. The lighter version is like Adam West Batman and Super Friends. The darker version is like all the movies and the 90's animated series.

So is Ironman. You know the song Iron Man is way older than the movie is right? Even people who don't know who the character is know that song.

And to be honest, I don't even know that much about Wonder Woman. I mean I watched the live action series when I was a kid but I don't remember much of it except that she spins to change. And I remember the invisible jet from the old Super Friends cartoon. Then there's the more recent Justice League series and animated films where she was a main character but there hasn't been anything recently featuring just her as a title character. I think that live action series is the only thing I've seen that didn't involve the JLA and like I said, that hasn't run sense I was a kid and even back then it was reruns. That series is older than I am.

Ironman has more of fan following than Wonder Woman does. Wonder Woman's fans are mostly dirty old men who don't even know anything about her. Her fan base is only for her sexy costume. I think the only real fans she has are people who actually read her comics because other than that she doesn't have any solo appearances in the cartoons. That's probably a huge part of why her movies never get made.

Also the general audience would watch the animated movies because... cartoons aren't just for kids anymore. There are a lot of cartoons now days that are made for adults so people in my generation don't have that mind set of "It's for kids because it's a cartoon" anymore. It's been like that for a while so anyone who watches Futurama, South Park, Bevis and Butthead, shows like that, is part of the general audience.

The only thing I don't consider to be part of the general audience are the people who actually read the comic books because there isn't a lot of that. Most people get introduced to the characters threw the cartoons. Though I guess there are some older people who might still have that "cartoons are for kids" mind set but they're like in their 40's and the movies aren't aimed at them anyway.

Nolan's movies didn't have to compete with the freaking Justice League. That makes a big difference.

Batman comes out first then it doesn't have the competition so it does well.

Justice League comes out first then it sets the bar so high that no solo movie, even Batman's could possibly outshine it.

It's all about the sequels doing better than the movies that came before it. When a sequel can't compare to the first movie it always ends the franchise. Hence Justice League has to be the last movie after all the solo movies or the solo movies will never take off.

Nope, same franchise, different brand name. They may put Avengers on all the Merchandise but the Ironman stuff is the same stuff from the Ironman toy line. That's kinda the point of being in the same continuity is that it's the same franchise.

Well a lot of people agree with you but my point still stands that it doesn't make sense in modern day. He's not in WW2 anymore. Plus that uniform is probably worn out by now. He was frozen in ice wearing for like 40 years, that's just nasty.

You stated that his costumes were black. I stated that his original costumes were not. You posted the pictures as evidence that his costumes were black.

Also I said that being black does not equal looking like a villain. I never said anything about it not being dark. Black is dark in the literal sense of the word. In terms of Batman as a character being "dark" that's a metaphor for his personality not literally what he looks like.

As for the bit about why the blue was used, I'm aware of that. They really could of used any color for that but they went with blue for some reason and when the character was redesigned the blue started being the more prominent color. Adam West Batman wears it too and they don't have the ink excuse there. He was like that for years before he actually got a true black costume.

Yes but the gray is much lighter in his older costumes. The 90's animated batman it's much darker shade. Plus the later series with Nighwing Batman also got rid of his bright yellow belt and the usual oval behind the bat insignia on his chest. Of course Micheal Keaton didn't have any gray but he did keep the bright yellow on his costume... at least in the first movie. I can't remember what his costume was for Returns but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the same one.

Of course there's also Batman Beyond who is entirely black and red. Red being a much darker color than the bright blues and yellows he normally wears.

That's a manhunt. It redirected you. There's no definition there for manhunter. It doesn't say that a police officer is a manhunter, it just says that a manhunt is an organized search for wanted men. Different context.

Well you could of worded it better because it sure sounds like an accusation to me.

Wow... you really are not a Marvel guy are you? Even if you aren't familiar with the character most people still realize that the ending was forced in just to set up the Avengers and didn't actually fit the plot. That whole scene with Steve crashing the plane. He didn't have to do that. He had plenty of time of land it in a safe place. The whole thing made no sense.

I would give the movie a lot more crap but most of it has to do with stuff they got wrong which is about 3/4 of the freaking movie.

I've also heard some people complaining about how odd Pre-Serum Steve Rodgers looks. Like his head is too big for his body. I didn't really notice and he doesn't stay like that for very long anyway so it's not a big deal.

Anyway... personally I think Ironman has the best solo movies. Then Hulk which by the way the second Hulk was a reboot, it's not in continuity with the 2004 version. The first Hulk sucked even worse than Captain America so can't blame you for not liking it.

Now when people talk about bad CGI they should really watch the first Hulk, that's what bad CGI looks like. The Hulk looked like jello and it didn't look like they took any time to add shading to him so that he looked like he was actually there. It literally looked like a 3D cartoon just walking around and that's not acceptable in the 2000's. If it came out in the 90's then maybe.

Then Thor even though I really didn't like Thor. He was the easiest one to do though at least to my perspective because I don't know the character that well so it's hard to screw him up but that wasn't the problem. I just don't find him interesting. I mean the dude is a god so how exactly do you make a villain that can kill that. At least Superman has Kryptonite to weaken him so he's not completely immortal. I just think he's boring. Even though the movies said he's an alien which I'm not buying because that would mean a hammer which has no DNA scanners or lighting generators or any kind is some how a piece of technology rather than a magical hammer that doesn't need a logical explanation for how it functions the way it does.

Captain America was just, horrible. That's worse than boring. He was portrayed better in the Avengers than he was in his own movie.

I heard the current standing title for Green Lantern brought Alan Scott back... as a gay man.

I'm all for super heroes being more diverse and everything but I wish they would make new characters instead of changing existing ones. Like the new Spider-man is black which wouldn't bother me if he was just a new character instead of lets take this old character that everyone knows and loves and change him. Though I don't know if the black Spider-man is actually meant to be Peter Parker or not, I just know he exists. As long as he's not Peter Parker I'm ok with it.

Hawkeye and Widow had some cool moments but it takes more than cool moments to build a character. That's why Hawkeye and Widow aren't really there metaphorically speaking. They didn't have any character development on their own before the movie and very little of that in the movie. There just isn't a lot of time for character development in the Avengers but the ones who had solo movies everyone is going to have their own preference for who their favorite is and identify more with that character. Ironman easily is the favorite sense he had two movies before the Avengers and some people though Avengers was Ironman 3 sense he did kinda hog the spot light. That's good for Ironman fans, not so much if you wanted to see more of Hulk, Thor, or Captain America. Though most people are just happy to see an Avengers movie and don't really care if Tony steals the spot light from their favorite characters for a while.

They don't need to make a Justice Society movie though. They could but there's no reason to. All you have to tell an Audience is that Hawkman was part of a team of super heroes who are mostly retired now and he's recruiting younger heroes to take their places. That's all the explanation the general audience needs. It's worked 3 times in the past. There is nothing overly complicated about it.

You're making it overly complicated because you think that they would have to make movies for all the Justice Society. They don't need that. If they do make a movie for them I say treat them like X-Men, the individual members don't need their own movies just showcase them as a team and have that be the end of it. I mean they would have to be set in the past anyway and no one wants to see 8 movies set 40 years in the past or however old the JSA is.

Maybe but I always saw her as more of a side kick. Besides she's his wife and also apparently John Stewart's wife at some point sense War Hawk from the future Justice League is their son.

I don't know if this was ever brought up in the animated series but on Smallville Hawkman said that he and his wife are basically immortals. They die but once they're both dead they just get reincarnated as the same people and then get remarried again.

I might be mixing continuities here but I'm assuming Hawkman was already "dead" when Hawkgirl met John Stewart. I don't really know much about that series sense I wasn't getting Cartoon Network when it was on the air. I've seen a few episodes here and there but been really confused by plots that continued from episodes I missed.

See this is why you sound whiny. You don't know that it won't happen any more than I know it will happen. It might happen. If you said might instead of won't you'd sound a lot less whiny. Heck even if you said it's highly unlikely it would come off better. Won't just sounds like you don't want it to happen and you're pretending like you actually have control of it like a whiny little kid.

Yeah it's my interpretation but mine is the only interpretation I can actually give. I have no idea what they'll actually end up doing. I doubt they'll do anything even close to my idea but no telling if that's a good thing or not. As long as they at least do the solo movies first and don't just make Justice League as a stand alone movie I'll probably be fine with whatever they end up making.

And if that had been a different paragraph you'd have a valid point. Seeing as how it was part of the same statement that's irrelevant.

12. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Wonder Woman is, and will always be (for better or worse) the premiere female hero in DC's stable. That her current and many past crops of writers gave her as much respect you do is something that makes me weep tears of blood. Her presence in the Justice League moves beyond tradition and hits Holy Scripture.

Her fans may not be the legion of twats that think Batman can beat up everyone or every Johnny-come-Lately who like Iron Man because he's played Robert Downey Jr in the movies, but we're all proud to be counted as fans of the Fist Lady of Comic Book Superheroes.

Now onto something less enraging for me to talk about, who should we be looking at to write Justice League? And lets refrain from saying Joss Whedon, just for some variety :p 

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2012
  13. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

i don't read, nor own any of wonder woman's comics, but i do like her, are you calling ME a dirty old man, because i don't really read the comics, or no much about her character(s). but i still like the character, and i still like her costume!

although, i like wonder girl's costume better. i think of it as a girl who bought a wonder woman shirt, and wore some jeans.

i'd like to see some "home made" costumes in the DC/justice league movies. batman having a high tech, nice costume? of course, he's rich. superman? maybe too. but i'd like to see the flash with a costume that looks more home made, like this or maybe even more like this;
    but i would also like a justice league movie taking place in like the 60's, or the 40's. but but probably most likely, the 60's. like the new frontier movie. have wonder woman fight some commies! do it DC! :lol 

but dc needs to do something different. they can't just do what marvel did with the avengers movies. otherwise to me it will just be them copying marvel. don't have the "stingers" at the end of the credits. instead of that have bruce wayne cameo in a scene in a superman movie. have him in a meeting with Lex. wayne enterprise probably has stock in lurther corp. and vice versa.

make a green lantern/green arrow/black canary movie.

i like the idea that someone stated earlier, of having a superman/batman/wonderwoman movie before a justice league movie.

also; make a teen titans movie too.

14. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

You do realize that you're talking as a comic book fan right? You are not the general audience.

Technically speaking here sense I don't even have a comic book store in my area, in regards to Wonder Woman I am the general audience. Cause as I said, Wonder Woman hasn't had her own series or movie sense the 70's. No one except hard core comic book fans and old men actually know anything about her.

To put it simply, I hope the movie is as close to the source material as possible but most people, including most of her fans, will not know the difference if they screw up her character or not. As long as he costume looks accurate that's all the general audience cares about. They could change her origins and even her real name and most people will not even know. Her real name isn't even as well known as Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent, Peter Parker, or Tony Stark. Everyone knows who they are. What's Wonder Woman's real name? Dianna something. And I only know he first name from the Justice League cartoon. There are a tone of people who probably don't even know that. What the hell is her last name?

Just because YOU know everything about her doesn't mean everyone else does.

I think you just answered your own question and proved my point. How can you like her character when you just admitted you don't know anything about her. And what's the first and only thing about her you said you liked... her costume.

She may be right along with Batman and Superman in the comics but for the rest of the world no one knows who the hell she is. The Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg, Green Arrow, Black Canary, even Hawkman and Dr. Fate are all more well known than she is thanks to their appearances on Smallville. Though THAT version of Black Canary is probably not the one most people are familiar with. I think the Birds of Prey version was more like the original though that series didn't last too long. That was my first introduction to Huntress though.

Wonder Woman never even have an episode of Batman the Brave and the Bold to guest star in. Even the cartoons don't feature her as a prominent character. The only recent appearance of her outside the comics are in Justice League cartoons and she doesn't get much of any character development in them. She's a rather forgettable character.

Like it or not the general audience does not know who she is. I'm kinda of a geek myself and I barely know who she is.

Why you think she's more well known than Ironman is beyond me. Ironman has had a tone of cartoon appearances as a main character. Everyone knows he's the rich super hero of Marvel comics. Everyone knows he has an arc reactor in his chest though most people didn't know it had a name till the movie came out. Still that's more than most people know about Wonder Woman which is just what she looks like.

Can anyone tell me what Wonder Woman's real name is without looking it up? Anyone who hasn't read the comics? No, I rest my case.

15. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    Diana, Princess of Paradise Island. Also goes by as Diana Prince.

16. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I rewatched Thor and definately think Idris Elba is the only one who could play martian Manhunter

17. Dolza_Khyron

i like wonder woman.

i've liked her since super friends. i like her in challenge of the super powers, i like her in justice league, i like her in dc universe, i like her being portrayed by Linda Carter, i liked her in new frontier, being voiced by lucy lawless.

and yes i do like her costume. but you are making a very broad, baseless statement, by saying because i like her costume, it is the only reason why i like her.

You know what? i don't read much of batman, or superman either. hell the only things i know about the characters are from the cartoons, and movies.

and i still like their costumes.

Diana Prince, if i remember correctly, in the Linda Carter show, she worked with Steve Trever, in the Air Force, or something like that. back before they decided to just let her fly.

but i don't know, it's been awhile since i have seen that series. I like that wonder woman is just as strong and powerful as superman, and just as intelligent as batman.

i like that she is her own original character, with her own back story, rather then just be "batgirl" or "supergirl" or "hawkgirl". while i like those characters, they were still just created to be copies of their male counter parts, except female.

i also like the idea, that there are technically, a whole ISLAND of women just as powerful as her.

though i do think the invisible jet is kind of lame, and the lasso was stupid. i prefer her to have a sword and shield, like the warrior she is.

i like wonder woman's costume, yes, but it has nothing to do with why I like the character!

i don't read much comics at all actually. what i do know about superman, batman, the flash, green lantern, and ect, comes from the tv shows, cartoons, movies, dc universe.

so i don't know much about superman and batman either, and i still like the costumes. and both characters.

and you know what? after the new 52 changes, i probably never will pick up dc comics. Batman looks alright. but the rest of them, especially wonder woman, getting rid of the yellow, i just don't like. but i do like how they did finally give wonder woman pants. but the rest to me, just look like inferior versions of the character's designs. sure art isn't everything. but when it comes to a visual medium such as a comics, cartoons, movies, and tv shows, it does matter a lot to me.

I want some one to play wonder woman, not some one who will just look the part, but actually BE the part. who will be as iconic as Keaton, or George Reeves decades later.

oh yea, and you can't have batman going "i work a lone" attitude any more, not while having the "bat family" thing. all the robins, and batgirls out there. if batman ever said "I work alone" in a movie, i'd laugh at it, at how ridiculous that statement is now a days!

sure before robin, it would of worked. but these days, WE ALL KNOW ABOUT ROBIN!

i know people who still think of the adam west tv show, when they think batman.

18. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The only thing I would change would be to switch Zatanna with Huntress (especially from that Fan Art Exhibit). :wink: 

19. Dolza_Khyron

i like that harley quinn

huntress if they got rid of the mid drift here; because it looks silly, going into combat/fighting crime, with your stomach exposed, lol.

20. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Diana. As a rule she didn't have a last name, most times when she needed one, it was Prince.

And by the way, I found that out from Justice League, a full ten years before I even picked up a comic book.

Well since its the 'Extended Roster' we can just add Huntress to it: no need to take Zatanna out ;)