Justice League - Movie Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by transfan681, Apr 27, 2014.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Are people really complaining about Cyborg being, well, part machine?

As quoted above, it's the Injustice design armor. Speedsters are traditionally fragile.

2. There D Hood

There D Hood Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    It's from Justice League Action. Mxyzptlk gave the heroes facial hair for a moment.

3. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Firstly, no and no. It's not the Injustice design. Nor is it the Injustice 2 design, if that's your next guess. What it is, is overly-elaborate for no reason, with a weird criss-cross design which serves no possible purpose and no one would make for themselves.

And speedsters aren't that fragile. If they were, they'd fall apart at high speeds from wind resistance. Or they'd pulp themselves when they ran into a wall or obstacle at super speed, which happens to speedsters in comics ALL THE TIME. What they do need is to be able to move easily. That's kind of the entire point of being a speedster.

It's the same problem as Aquaman. Attention designers: Aquaman lives underwater and has to swim 24 hours a day, maybe he's not going to wear huge, heavy armor. You ever try swimming with street clothes on? It's brutal. Hauls you down like an anvil tied to your leg. Now imagine armor.

It's lack of thought during the design process.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    It's probably more executive meddling trying to make something "cool" and different. I recall reading an article from a special effects guy who several times would have executives ask for a meeting before the Director did because a temp sequence was more accurate rather then "cool" and were asking for it to be changed for the final version. Same with clothing designers, especially the fantasy genre in the 80's when they'd get requests for outfits that made no sense but would be really cool for this one sequence.

The experts tend to think of a lot of things that directors and executives ignore in favor of the rule of cool.

I'll be honest, until more recently I really thought Flash's costume was rubber banded together. It looked that bad to me.

5. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  6. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it could also be atlan since he is rumored to appear ...

• Like Like x 1
  7. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

First thing I though when I saw the movie Flash was, it's based on the Injustice 1 armoured suit. Which is also solid pieces attached to an under suit. Just not nearly as many because the IJ under suit isn't black.

8. knights of Australia

knights of Australia Well-Known Member

Steppenwolf best look yet

[​IMG]

Concept art for Justice League
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

Probably shouldn't have the Wayne Industries logo slapped on the side of a masked vigilante's battle carrier! ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Steppenwolf looks cool, but that assembly line/hangar bay(?)/meeting room looks boring as F.

And are they getting ready for a rousing game of musical chairs? There aren't even enough seats for the four of them already at the table, never mind if Batman decides to stop standing there glaring at them and go join them. And do you really want to sit at a table with such a giant weight suspended right over your head in the first place? Maybe it's a Bat-Trap.

11. Autoboticon

Autoboticon I Know...I'm Awesome.

nice helicarrier bats

• Like Like x 1
  12. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    FOC Shockwave's alt-mode is the Batship?

• Like Like x 2
  13. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    SPOILERS: Joss Whedon Is Reshooting JUSTICE LEAGUE's Ending To Remove A Huge Cliffhanger

According to Slash Film, Justice League was supposed to end with Darkseid's arrival on Earth with the plan being for him to be the big bad in the follow-up. This was to be expected as Steppenwolf has always felt like a stepping stone to that iconic villain but that ending has now been totally scrapped.

Apparently, Wonder Woman star Robin Wright has been brought in for a flashback shedding more light on Steppenwolf's origin and the looming threat of Darkseid is being downplayed with the reshoots (presumably to keep the door open for a new villain to take centre stage in the sequel or to give Warner Bros. time to reassess where the franchise goes from here if Snyder doesn't make his return).

This seems like a shame but was probably to be expected, especially when Justice League reshoots have been described as "extensive."

Sounds like a decent approach to avoid Thanos comparisons.

14. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
  15. knights of Australia

knights of Australia Well-Known Member

Interesting

16. Primal1987

Primal1987 Creator Of The OptiBrony

News Credits:
    Seems a bit unusual, since it was reported around the beginning of shooting that Justice League wouldn't have a cliffhanger ending and would be a self contained story.

17. Pravus Prime

News Credits:
    I really don't know what to think of this movie.

At first I thought it was going to be a trainwreck because, well, track records. Then I thought it was going to be a trainwreck because it was going to be two different directors, with two different agenda's, a studio demanding late game changes, and more trying to hodgepodge a movie together. At this point, it seems like they're reshot the entire movie or at least 80% of it seemingly. I read on another site that the rumor now is that all of Superman and Cyborgs scenes have been reshot with the actors playing the roles differently then the original shoot. Part of me wonders why Whedon is putting himself through all this, the amount of pressure and demands must be extreme.

I also wonder if there's going to be enough time for the effects studios to do their thing before the release date.

18. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I guess because his name is going to be on it, and if it stinks to high heaven the way BvS did it could potentially affect his career.

19. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    The only problem? Wasn't there a report ages ago, before Zack left, that they were redoing the ending to make it less of a cliffhanger and more of a complete movie? Wasn't this reported before they even started shooting? When they announced it wouldn't be Justice League part 1 and part 2? Honestly, with as many reshoots that supposedly keep being rumored to be happening it's no longer reshoots, but filming a whole new movie.

20. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This whole two diametrically opposed director visions, massive reshoots, studio turmoil, and ticking countdown clock to release would be a fascinating spectacle to observe if there wasn't somebody's dead kid at the center of it all. It's just sad on all levels.

I've loved the Justice League literally longer than I can remember, but I can't imagine myself ever sitting down to watch this Hollywood monstrosity built on a real human tragedy. It really is just too depressing to even think about.

• Like Like x 1