Justice League: Generation Lost

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Lumpy, May 24, 2010.

1. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    is anyone else getting this? i just read the first issue last night, and i'm only luke warm on it so far... I'm curious to see what Max is trying to do, but Booster Gold feels so out of character... its like they've gone back and erased all the work Johns and Jurgens did... which i really enjoyed the hell out of...

i'm gonna stick with it for a bit longer, but i'm just unsure of it... but then again, its only been one issue...

i do like how only 4 people now know that Max is alive and what he's done... but also feel a global mindwipe is a bit overdone and lame, and at the end Superman doesn't even know who Max is, which seems like that has to conflict with other stories that've taken place... and also this issue ended the same place that BN 0 ended, so that seems a bit funky as well, as it basically didn't do much that we didn't already know about...

I guess i'm just bummed cuz i love Booster Gold so much now, and it feels like this book and his solo book are both going down a path i'm unsure about...

2. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

I dunno. I enjoyed this book, but I'll drop it more easily than Brightest Day if it doesn't get good very quick. I mostly picked it up because of ol Booster anyway.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    It's a JLI reunion written by Keith Giffen, of course I'm reading it. Hopefully this book can undo a lot of the damage that was done to Max Lord's character when he was cast as the villain in Countdown to Infinite Crisis; if anyone can do it, it'll be Giffen.

I'm also happy to see Giffen and DeMatteis on Booster's solo title. I know Jurgens is his creator and all, but I can't help but find his take on Booster to be a little dull.

4. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I feel Booster was written fine. A competent Hero, but as always, lovable loser to the super-hero community.

And honestly, Max as a "villain" is the best thing done with the character in years. He was pretty fading into obscurity until this new angle was created.

But yeah, good issue but still only the first.

I'm reading it for Fire and Ice being back together.

5. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

when I read the premise I felt, ok Its something to read Ill guve you another issue, if you dont engage me by then then bye bye.

and I think Im giving this way less leverage, than brightest day.

6. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really love the JLI, I was upset at first that max's was made a baddie but I got over it. Hes being written well as a villan anyway so thats good.

Though I wouldnt mind after ROBW is overm Bruce sponsers a new JLI and becomes a stand in for what max used to be.

7. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Max confirmed for troll of the year

8. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much, and that's the best part of the book for me, I love to hate him. Though Booster Gold is also pretty awesome in this.

9. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I am loving this series!!!!!!!!!!! Wow, poor Booster. They are really laying the angst on for him.

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Read the second issue today and am continuing to really enjoy this series. It's highlighting the fact that these characters aren't the jokes a lot of people assume they are after the JLI days. I'm a bit disappointed that we're not getting Guy as a regular cast member, but I'll be more than happy to have Jaime along for the ride.

11. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Guy's gonna be busy in Emerald Warriors, along with Kilowog.