Justice League: Cry for Justice Preview

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by smkspy, Jun 1, 2009.

1. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

With McDuffie being fired off of JLA, I'm even more excited about Robinson's Mini. Nice to see Hal attempting to take charge and set the League on the right path when it is more than apparent that Superman and Wonder Woman can't. Sadly, we know this will blow up in his face as no one but the great Supes and Wondie can guide the super-hero community.

Newsarama | DC Comics Preview: Justice League: Cry For Justice #1

2. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

It's a good idea, but it kinda of reminds me of X-force. I'm not crazy about the art, but I will probably still pick it up.

3. smkspy

Yeah, or even a rehash of Justice League Elite, but the JLA has been in shambles since Infinite Crisis and I'm glad that Robinson is playing on that. Using Hal as the vehicle for this change is perfect IMO given the way events of SCW/BN.

4. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

I like it. I think Hal is the one character (ok, second, after J'onn) in the League who should never be intimidated or in awe of "the big three." He's the man without fear. He's an intergalactic cop, fer godsake. He has the greatest power in the universe, backed by an army of fellow enforcers. He walks among the stars with ease. Superman regularly saves cities, where Hal saves civilizations. He was never inspired by Superman or Wonder Woman. He didn't volunteer for the job. He was handed a responsibility, and it goes well beyond this little neighborhood watch program the other heroes have set up. I'm sure he respects them, may even like them, but what are they? Clark is a community volunteer. Bruce is a vigilante always on the brink. Diana is a parttime hero always entagled in politics. Hal is entrusted to keep the peace on thousands of worlds. That's a responsibility none of them know. Here, it seems the writer is taking on the approach that Hal's membership in the JLA is his downtime, a hobby, where his larger duties have taken a backseat to hanging out with his friends. But now that the world has gotten more dangerous... I'll be curious to see where this leads.

5. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I am eagerly awaiting this after the trainwreck that the regular JLA title is. Also, they already are showing the ramifications of this in the last few issues of JLA.

Personally I'm stoked.

6. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

whay happened to the Green Arrow lead Justice League???

or is this it, but not Arrow but Lantern...

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks interesting. Lethal force has been enacted. :) 

8. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the art, it reminds me of some old-school John Totleben/Stephen Bissette (from the Alan Moore-era Swamp Thing), except in a "painted" format.

9. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I didn't know there ever was one. I know he was part of Justice League Elite and maybe took up a leading role in the end of the last JLA book during the Infinite Crisis debacle.

10. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

just did a wiki...it is this one. I just thought it was Arrow and not Lantern. I like the team, looks better than the JLA team.

11. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I've been looking forward to this one for over a year, but I'l get the trade so I can read it all at once. Art looks nice. Hal will be leading the team with Ollie as his second in command.

The team will be - GL, GA, Supergirl, Batwoman, Hank (Ant Man, but without his code name), Captain Marvel or Starman (can't remember his code name) - Freddy Freeman, and Congorilla.

Not sure if it will spin into an ongoing after the mini.

12. Sinestro

Sinestro Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't you mean Ray Palmer (The Atom)?

13. Fairlady_Z

Yes, thank you! Ray the Atom! That's who I meant. My bad. I always get those shrinking guys confused.

14. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I was excited, but you lost me at Batwoman.

15. Fairlady_Z

Meh, I not a fan of Batwoman either, but Ollie, Hal, and Kara are more than worth it for me.

16. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

Kara's in it? I might give it a go then.

17. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

"Sometimes I forget who I am."

"I'm the goddamn Green Lantern."

As for the main JLA book, I am this -><- close to dropping it because of the incoherent mess they're calling "a plot" right now.

Kara in the new team? Meh...still don't like the character at all. But dammit, I am sold on Congorilla!

And the more Ollie the better. He's everyone's favourite man-whore.

So the Ray Palmer Atom? Nice to see Palmer back in the game. Although your slip make me think that is Hank Pym had been in the DCU, Jean Loring would never have been so uppity. Hank keeps his pimp-hand strong.

A proactive team does remind me of Justice League: Elite. Fortunately I really liked that book.

- Coeloptera

18. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    did anyone finish reading this story? i enjoyed it, but only moderately... i don't know if i'll be picking up robinsons JLA after this... i got the BN tie ins, and the two issues after that, just not sure i'm loving it enough...

19. smkspy

Robinson has no feel for any of the characters IMO. His Hal reads straight out of the O'Neal/Adams Run.

And really, the original Titans are cursed, I believe. Everyone of their kids have died.

20. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    yeah, Hal definitely doesn't feel the same as Johns current Hal... and yeah, that's a good point...