Just Wondering...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Kup-is-Dion, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

Why it is I can find legends Jazz, Hound, G2 Megatron, and Onslaught but haven't seen a single Cosmos, Warpath, Wheelie or Bumblebee. I found Beachcomber and Brawn. All I've found for sale online are the Heinke version. I don't want to pay import prices for something that should be available at my local retailer. Is there a reason for this? Toy scalpers?

2. OptimusPrimeFour

OptimusPrimeFour Autobot Supreme Comander

Hasbro's probably taking down alot of universe/animated figures off the shelves for ROTF line , if you are looking for figures right now is the time to do it because its going to be hard as a bitch to find any of them within the next few months.

3. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro has done a really poor job with the distribution of these 4 legends figures. I have been searching for them in 2 counties for months with almost no luck. I have been reading of sightings of them and they seem to be few and far between accross the country. Most places either didn't get them at all or they got 2 sets of each. There are exceptions, but very few. The online stores haven't had them in a long time and even Ebay doesn't have them much anymore. I recommend that you give serious thought to buying the imports, since we are not likely to see a restock in our stores due to the movie toys coming out very soon.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  4. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I've seen the Japanese multipacks of them a couple of times when I've visted my local import shop, but I'm buggered if I was going to cough up £22 for them.

5. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Legends were always a bitch to find before stores started stocking them en masse. That's why I've resorted to preordering a set off of BBTS every time a new wave is put up, haven't missed a wave since. If I find them in stores before BBTS gets 'em, I just cancel the preorder.

6. dragon516

dragon516 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hasbrotoyshop was where I got mine. I didn't even bother looking around here in my area... I think they are sold out though now online.....

7. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

I've checked e-bay, bbts(where I saw the pre-order for the heinke), hasbro, hasbro toy shop, toys r us.com, wal-mart.com, target.com, 5 area wal-marts, 2 targets, and 2 toys r us spanning 4 counties in 2 states(I live near the border of ohio and pa) and have yet to find them ANYWHERE. Damned Hasbro! Next time I'm at the store and see a scalper filling their cart I swear I'm going to go upside their head and scatter their goods.

8. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Your local shops must suck maybe? lol..

9. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

I know. They suck in 2 states!

10. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I was in your situation. I finally gave up and ordered one off of Robot Kingdom (they have the Hasbro versions for a bit more than retail) and swallowed hard for the shipping. I'm stubborn and wanted Cosmos, and didn't want to order the Henkei versions when I only wanted one. I've never seen them in person.

The Activators Dirge/Cliffjumper figures are pretty much in the same boat apparently. That's in another thread on here.

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I only found them once at a Wal-Mart in a nearby town. I was waiting for the local WMs to get them in, too (the other WM didn't have Cosmos), but before that happened every Wal-Mart in the area stopped carrying Legends. The only hope left is that Toys R Us someday gets in the waves past Megatron and Hound.

12. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

Dude, go to TFSource.com right now and order them. If you dont you'll pay out the @ss for it later.

13. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    It is not Hasbro's distribution that is the problem, it is the retailers not ordering as many of them because they still have enough of the previous versions left and they want to clear out as much of the older inventory as possible.

Glad I ended up getting mine at Hasbro Toyshop.

14. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Can't find the Bumblebee-Beachcomber-Brawn wave. I can only find one seller on Ebay and they're asking $18 to ship 4 Legends. Gimme a break.

15. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

I went looking again today, saw a few onslaughts nothing much else except an ungodly amount of activators. I get the feeling the major retailers are packing it in until movie series comes out. Tfsource didn't have them either. Sucks to be me.