Just wondering about Shockwaves_Store

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tela_Tran2, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tela_Tran2

Tela_Tran2 AUTOBOT MAIN FRAME

I was just wondering, why does it seam that so many people have something against Shockwabes_store? I saw posts that he had up on a thread about the "selling toys ban", but they were pulled for some reson. I read everything and I did not see any name calling or cursing or anything of the sort. Does anyone know what he said wrong, and why does it SEEM like people attack him everytime he posts somehting. I've dealt with him alot here and on Ebay and he is a very straight foward and fair guy. So I just wanted to know what has he done that has upsetted so many poeple.

2. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    I don't even know who that is. But if they(The Mods) did something it had to be for a very big reason I'm sure. Mods cut alot of slack on here and give many chances Maybe he just burned one too many Bridges idk I'm just saying. :) 

3. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    It's simple...he acts like an ass towards people on the boards and folks have probably complained about it...(I have not...could care less...just added him to the ignore list) but i did see the thread you were talking about and he had like threee or four different wars going on with different people on the board....

just my 2 cents

4. shockwave_store

shockwave_store DECEPTICON BADASS

Well I could tell you, "cough cough political cough cough" or so the Mod thought, but I didn't say nothin political and break the rules. I take it people just don't like me on here, that's alright and that's cool. Can't please everyone, especially the really thin skin ones on here. :) 

5. shockwave_store

Yo gadep, how do I act like an ass to people, I'm as cool as a cucumber till I get attacked, period! And that's everytime I post something.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2009
  6. Tela_Tran2

We are all fans of TF here, and most of us have very strong opinions about what we feel, I know I do, but I never crossed the line on anybody, not that I'm saying I have been accused of. I guess it's up to the mod's as to what 'crossing the line is' but I think people take things too seriously sometimes, like happened on the "G1 was the best series" thread. I feel everyone has a right to voice their opinion as long as no threats are made or your not making fun of anyone. I've been put down and called stupid (without using the word) because I (could not prove a point) and cause I believed one news story over what a Mod said. Shockwave_Store is a very good friend of mine and is a very good person, and he a valued seller on Ebay. To see him get attacked by a small group of people (no names) bothers me. If you have a different opinion with someone then of course you can voice your opinion, but to disagree just to disagree, is childish.

7. Tela_Tran2

I did NOT start this thread to cause problems. I started it to clear the air where some people have, or let me say, some people appear to have problems with others. I guess some people on here get OFFENDED cause someone else has a different opinion on a topic. If a perosn stands alone with his opinion about a topic, and will not budge on it, why does he deserve to be attacked?

8. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Why bring this up at all for open discussion? What does it matter? If a thread got locked due to negativity, it seems best just to leave it in the past.

9. Tela_Tran2

Seriously, I brought it up, cause it's not just about that one thread that was closed. It appears to be an on going sitiation, whatever the thread is and what ever the topic is. If shockwave was that offensive than why would he not have been thrown off?

10. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    i dont know whats going on here, but you can all have me!

11. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

You've got nothing to fear on TFW if you can express and debate your opinion in an intellegent and articulate way that doesen't break the rules. If you keep getting modded and/or mauled by regular posters that are capable of the above, then your doing something wrong.

12. shockwave_store

:) 

13. GAUGE

News Credits:
    Tele_Tran 2 what's your deal? just let things go.

I'm more than sure Shockwave can defend himself if he so chooses.

you seem to be making things worse for the poor fellow by making a thread all about him.

Besides the Thread Title says something about his store and yet your not even talking about one.

oh well *shrugs*

14. shockwave_store

Gauge001,
    I like worse, cause it don't get better on here. Your judged then executed, at least that's what my experience has been. Ive actually got on here to ask questions about certain TF's, and get dogged In the process. People come to me like " and you call yourself a dealer, and you don't know what this is?" shit like that. I'm glad Tela tran started this thread, cause I would really like to know b 4 this gets closed. If not,
    Oh well...........

15. Gadep

Gadep Banned

News Credits:
    you know you act like ass that is why people have issues with you...in that one post where folks including me were dubious about teltran singing your praises....

You decided to start the war with your comments and acting like an ass...there...

you asked and there is the explaination...

There is no vast conspiracy against you...it is not like the whole TFW2005 board hates you....

you act like an ass towards people so people are going to act negatively towards you....

and with that i am done with this thread....

16. Tela_Tran2

Ah "Shockwave_Store" is his screen name. He's a friend of mine and i'm sticking up for him.

Peace, Love, and Godspeed to you all.

17. GAUGE

News Credits:
    Ah, see shows how much I pay attention to these things :D 

my bad, but still there is a better way of sticking up for folks, how about a pm to those who you think are out of line. I know I'm no authority in these matters but you'd think it would be more respectful to keep stuff like this on the DL for those who don't care for Forum Drama.

I'm just a fellow TFW2005'er here and yeah although the debates get tough sometimes and some folks have snappy or downright rude replies to what folks say, it's just their opinions you can easily ignore them and move on.

I figure the way I see it is if folks especially Mods think a person is out of line and disrespectful in some way they are gonna let ya know.

Now, if they are being snippy and stuck up for no reason or cliquish in some way then the main mods or Tony will speak up and put a stop to it.

But it's been my experiance so far that people here are for the most part pretty friendly helpful and respectful even if some are overly sarcastic it's just part of what I like to call "The Forum Persona"

My forum Persona is that of an "I don't care what people think about me" loner type that always tells it like it is but does it with tact and respect. so therefore I'm not all that popular here but you know what? that's okay with me, I'm fine and secure with my place on here. I don't get caught up in polularity or politics or the net clique's(spelling)

Just keep to yourself and worry about your thing don't sweat other people or their drama. I do it and it works out fine for me. :) 

18. Tela_Tran2

I have to at least give gague some credit, at least he is being an adult about it and giving his opinion WITHOUT telling me to "crawl out of Shockwaves's ass" or something or the sort, which has been said to me before, but did I report it no. the reason why I opened up a thread and did not send a PM to the people i think are guilty of attacking him is because I am not going to make a direct referal to. that is also why I am not mentioning any names, cause that would not be right and that would have the thread closed, which it might be anyway, for who knows what reasons. People can call me a kiss ass, or whatever, but I'm making the point that it is not right for certain people to get attacked and ganged up on when they disagree with the heard. All Shocky did was mention a "left wing" term.. you know what never mind, I'm not going to get into the exact situation, the same thing almost happened to me on the same thread cause I did not agree with a post by a mod, and because I agreed with another news source. I DO NOT come on here to get told that I'm basically stupid cause I believe one news source over another. Like I said that topic is over and done with, my point being is that I am sticking up for my friend. I get pissed off when 'anyone' get attacked cause they are the one perosn that does not agree with the rest of the heard, then things get out of hand and the thread gets shut down.

19. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This type of stuff does not belong in public discussion. Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.