Just won a boxed Metroplex... yay me?

Discussion in 'Transformers On Ebay' started by SmokescreenSWE, Feb 17, 2008.

1. SmokescreenSWE

SmokescreenSWE Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/transformers-...oryZ4696QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It was at £10 with only five hours left so I made a go for it. Ended at £26. I have no idea what a Metroplex is worth nowadays but it didn't seem too bad. Of course, it depends on the condition of the box and what is missing. In any case, it has the knee cover and black gun I'm missing (not too bothered about the tiny stuff), and with some luck it has Slammer and Scamper complete. I may, may end up kitbashing one of the bodies for better posability.

So, for those of you in the know, was it a good, average or bad deal?

I see some complete Metroplexes (plexi?) go for $50-$80 and some go for around $150, why the big difference in price?

2. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm guessing the price difference is because of the KO Metroplex. This seems to be real, but the lack of pics would keep me from bidding.

3. Glitcher

Glitcher Banned

News Credits:
    Scourge speaks wisely. There was a MIB G1 Optimus Prime sold on eBay Belgium for about €70. At first I thought it might have been a KO, but it seemed like the real deal after I double-checked. I wasn't interested, but I think other fans would have thought twice before bidding.

4. Kenny278

Kenny278 Fort Max fan

5. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Well, that auction was only selling to bidders within the UK? That would be a start for a much lower final price. Also, maybe you just got lucky. I know there's 'standard' prices that things tend to go for on ebay but sometimes auctions just fall through the cracks for no apparent reason at all (if only selling to one country that's a good way to encourage that), it's not like there's guaranteed prices that things go for. That's how I end up winning auctions, diligence and patience combined. I got MIB Metroplex with all but the smaller gun for $80 last year, complete MIB Scorponok for $150, etc.

And yeah the ko factor could have some influence too, but I've still seen other things that have been ko'd go for quite high prices for the originals.

So hopefully you just lucked out and scored a sweet deal!

6. SmokescreenSWE

SmokescreenSWE Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, it was UK only and I'm in Sweden. I just bid and hoped for a nice seller. Shipping turned out at £10 so it's really sweet.

7. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Congrats!

Yeah auctions that only sell to their home country are very much more inclined to sell for much less.