Just when you thought you gonna get your figures..

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Caine, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    So, I've paid for Henkei Ramjet & Takara Onslaught since November 3rd, for 967,000 IDR (Indonesian Rupiahs), or around $96 during that time before the US$ soars sky-high, and the seller promises me that it'll take less than 2 weeks to arrive.

Well, I'm a man of patience. Exactly after the promised 2 weeks, I gave them a call, and the shit is, they said it's still delayed on Japan, and promised me that it'll arrive around December 10th. Fine by me. Then, 5 days ago from now, exactly at December 10th, I gave them a call, and this time, they said it's delayed till mid-January. Today, I received a text message from the said seller, say that it requires me to transfer around 433,000 IDR, or roughly around US$39 by today's exchange rate, and they'll quickly prioritize my items and promise me another week for the said figures to arrive. Or else, I could just wait till late-January or so for the figures to arrive.

That partially killed my mood & interest on those two Decepticons that I sought after, thus, asked for a full refund..

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Wow. I'd tell them to fuck off as well man, that's just shitty business practice. I take it this was a private deal, and not on eBay?

3. Caine

News Credits:
    Yep. It's on Indonesian online retailer, most of their stuffs are from HLJ.com.
    So it's like, I search for my desired figures on HLJ and simply paste them the links, they'll work on it, and stuffs.

But damn, man, it took way too long. And my patience nearly reached its limit. Now, just gotta wait for their reply regarding my refund.

4. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    ^ Why don't you buy it from hlj.com directly? I would think it'll streamline your ordering/buying process than going through a middleman.

5. Caine

News Credits:
    For easier transaction & stuffs, so I just need to transfer the cash in national currency, and let them take care of the rest for me. Heck, they're once the best online collectible service provider, but now, their service turned to crap. -_-

6. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

The funniest part is that the US is the only country in the world that, when they declare economic problems, their currency goes up. On topic, sounds like your guy is only playing the middle-man role - with nothing on stock or anything, and now got busted because of holidays mail delays. Make sure at least he's getting the figures directly from HLJ.com, and not getting them from eBay, or else you're gonna pay shipping from Japan to US and back to Indonesia.

7. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    HLJ is incredibly easy to deal with. I've bought from them about 10 times or so, the only problem ever was that they sent the wrong figure (ordered MSIA super-sized Sazabi and got the standard MSIA figure), but immediately sent the correct one and said keep the mistake.
    If the middleman makes currency transfers easier, maybe contact HLJ and ask them about different payment methods. Their CS people are great to work with.

8. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    ^ This I have to agree. I have also bought directly from HLJ on 10 occassions now, and each time, the transaction process was excellent.

9. Caine

News Credits:
    The middleman said sorry but there will be no refund, unless the said product(s) been discontinued. And yeah, fudge it, gotta wait till late-January for Ramjet & Onslaught. It'll be the first & last time I deal with them.

10. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Been waiting on Hot Toys DK Batman for a month [short of one day].
    Been waiting for 4 transformers from BBTS for over 12 days even though I paid for express shipping.

In other words, I feel you. But nevertheless, it's very easy to order from hlj if you so desire those figures.