Just walked out of my first AA meeting...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ORIO, May 3, 2009.

1. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Glorifying light beer certainly should be.

2. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Why do they call it Light Beer anyways? Is it supposed to be a Lesser Beer than most or something?

3. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No offense but that was pretty obvious :D 

Way to man up, and take resposiblity for your life. It takes balls man, and your showin em. Wish you strength, cuz your already stocked up on respect.

Your lucky if you can hold off or completely pass on the DT's man. My good buddy Shannahan went through them our first week in Afgahn, and it hurt just lookin at him.

Best of luck, keep with it.

4. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well shit, I figured no one would be able to tell around here :lol  jk

DT's?

And thanks again for the overwhelming support from everyone. Last nights meeting was a lot of the same. Definitely not what I was expecting y'know?

5. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    DeTox, withdrawls basicly. Not pretty, and sounds like what your girl is going through.

Btw, everything said about you goes for your girl as well. Let her know we're all proud of you both.

6. TheSpacebridge

TheSpacebridge The Spacebridge

News Credits:
    Firstly, well done for deciding to do something about it

I know it's not the same, but I just passed my 6 months of not smoking. I was a 30-40 a day Marlboro red man. Proper smoking

There is a difference between knowing you should stop and WANTING to stop. I knew all the years I smoked I should quit, but hell I loved smoking. Then one day it just clicked, I wanted to stop. Maybe thats whats happened to you, you WANT the change now

My advice, take one day at a time, don't plan weeks, months ahead, take each day as it comes. And do not torture yourself if your willpower fails one day, you are human and we make mistakes, don't beat yourself up if you have a drink.

After 6 months, do I still want a smoke, to be honest, yes. Do I need one though, no.
    That took a long time to reach that stage, if you want it, you can do it

Get through one day, then look back thinking if I can do it yesterday I can do it today. Then if I did it last week, I can do it this week and so on

Good luck and don't forget everybody here is a person behind their keyboards and we will help where we can

Hitch

7. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    anyone who can get themselves to an AA meeting of their own sheer will is a manimal in my books.

it's happened to me a couple times, man. random epiphanies. i used to be a huge arrogant jerk, until one day i just suddenly snapped out of it and started being nice to everyone.

8. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.

News Credits:
    Good luck to you FF! You've taken the first crucial step! There seems to plenty of support for you here so don't feel afraid to talk to us if you need to! And good luck to your girlfriend as well!

9. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

awesome man, I wish you much strength.

10. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    Agreed. My friends tell me I'm the life of every party, even though I don't drink a drop. Maybe I'm just funnier when everyone else is drunk...

Anyways, if I ever meet up with the board at a Con or something, I'll also be winning at not drinking, so if you ever need a non-drinking buddy, I'm your man!

Sadly, I don't drive though... I expect all my cars to be able to do that on their own as well as talk AND transform... so no being the DD for the ones that do win at drinking.

11. DreadwindsGhost

DreadwindsGhost Micro Mad

Well done matey, you're a very brave guy for doing what you're doing. Keep it up, and stay strong.

12. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Was in there about 8 years ago. I don't think I ever spoke except for "hi my name is..."
    Was some good supportive people in there.

13. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    just wanted to drop a big congrats to FREEFALL...in about 10 hours, it'll have been exactly 7 days since him and his girl have had a drink. and that's fucking great. :thumb 

and also, i'd just like to thank those of you who've offered support. i've known FREEFALL for like 6 or 7 years now...and he's a great guy and has really become one of my best friends over the years... and i'm really proud that they're doing this, and that its working for them. so thanks to everyone! :bay 

14. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thank you man!!! Much love!

Yeah, today my girl and I are 7 days sober. We've attended six meetings this week, I'm readin' my big book and I shared for the first time tonight in my meeting. We feel great, no hangovers, her shakes have gone away and we're both generally happy so far! We both feel great after meetings. Gonna check out some other groups in town and find us some sponsors. Thanks for all of your support, it really means more than I could possibly express.

15. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Good job bro! :D 

16. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    FREEFALL,

I had no idea you had such a problem(your posts never indicated it) but you're definitely doing the right thing here and should be proud of yourself.

I wish you all the luck in the world, I've always considered you a great contributor here. I certainly respect you.