Just Started Managing my Comics... Question inside...

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Wajo357, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Wajo357

Wajo357 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I used to have them by title or by alphebetical order, that was when I only had 5 or 6 long boxes Now I'm at 25+ long boxes and I'm just keeping them by most recent purchace.

3. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

4. Wajo357

News Credits:
  5. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Remember when Wizard had that comic collection database you could maintain for yourself? Yeah that was awesome!

/hijacking of thread

6. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

There is actually software out there and another site that does this. I tried a couple times but gave up. Keeping track is just a pain in the ass.

Anyway, I don't use dividers. I just put them alphabetically. It's not a big deal if you don't mind the extra second to look through the box. Dividers are more for stores where people want to find stuff fast and easy.

Also, like TB, I am just stacking by most recent stuff. I have books from september that haven't been filed and they just keep piling up.

7. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I have a few dividers but just do the alphabetcal thing too. Instead, I use the dividers at the front and end of my boxes so the first and last comics in each box have something flat to lay aganist and won't get messed up or bent.

Mine keep piling up too, it's time to get more bags and another box, or sort through my collection and get rid of some again. problem is I have gone through my collection so many times in the past that I have no idea what is left to get rid of anymore! Anything TF, Larry Hama, or Uncle Scrooge definately stays, that much I do know.

8. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

A cheap way of dividing stuff up (though less easy on the eyes compared to the nice, white plastic dividers) is to take some manila folders, the kind with the blank label-like area at the top and cut them so they are tall enough to stand in the box. Does that make any sense? I used to do this before I found a bunch of old plastic ones cheap when I worked at a comic shop for a while. And, I, too, have mine alphabetized. Good luck!

9. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

I have 12 long boxes full of comics, so dividers are a must for me.

I have them arranged alphabetically,with dividers denoting letters or series I have several issues of. It took a little work to organize, but I'm pleased with the result.

I also meticulously catalogued every issue in my collection, including my trades and what was within them.

...Then my computer crashed and I lost the entire file. Now I get to do it all over again. Yay.

10. Wajo357

News Credits:
    I use google notebook to catalog all my stuff. This way its backed up and I can access it from everywhere...